Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
ali jenkins said:
Its not the shops fault!

Its thge bord that sold the ground and then the developers that sold it to the shops!

Boycotting them aint exactly gunna do much is it?

What he said. I don't see the problem.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
I the clear lesson from this thread is the closer you've been to the old ld Goldstone site, the WORSE of a fan you are. :nono:

I must be the most terrible fan ever then. Not only have I shopped there, Mrs P once worked at Comet on the site. I will castigate myself every day from now until Falmer is built in pennance.:rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Spunk Bubble said:
Come on, own up. When you are walking around the Goldstone Retail Park, you stand in positions that you think roughly in the same spot great goals were scored in !!. I have scored many goals in Toys R Us.

Am I alone on this one ??. I don't think so.

:clap2:

No not at all. I shop there at Comet, JJB etc and have no problem with going there at all.

Not sure why people get so het up about it.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We've been there and Zef wanders around and makes odd comments at random intervals like "I think I might be on the half way line now" or "maybe I'm in the such and such terrace now" with a far away look in his eye....:lol:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
cjd said:
Children have far too many toys as it is........saves me a fortune by refusing to go there.

Rubbish furniture.

Eat proper food...!

Can't argue with those answers :clap: :clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

Dave the Gaffer said:
No not at all. I shop there at Comet, JJB etc and have no problem with going there at all.

Not sure why people get so het up about it.

For all the reasons posted above :shootself

(see my posts on page 2)

I've got no problem with those shops per se, but I have got a problem with those particular branches, yep. The Goldstone Retail Park is a monument to corruption and greed.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Eaten in the Burger King, but then that is built on the corner behind the east terrace and therfore wasn't actually part of the ground.

Never been in any of the stores though.

I guess it's down to how you deal with loss. Some people like to avoid going to places and doing things they used to do with loved ones who have passed away, as it's a painful reminder.

Others like to be reminded, as it helps them deal with their loss, and move on with their life, whilst never losing that person.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I was in that Burger king the first day it opened - couldn't wait and a Toys R us on the doorstep - great use of the space.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I go there when i need something. I do not have a problem with it now. it was kind of strange at first but i do not really think about it now.

I miss the goldstone but it is gone and i will never be able to change it.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
If you biumped into Archer or Bellotti you'd probably thank them - let's face it we've had some great times recently double championship , playoff final wins - i'd rather have had all that than 10 more year sof piss poor mediocre level 2 and 3 of english football.

Falmer will be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
What is the old away end these days. Tesco/Waiterose or something like that. Only ever went to the Goldstone twice and have very little memory of both occassions as I was just a young teenager back then. Do remember being crammed in and losing of course.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Burger King is closest to where the away fans were in the corner next to the north stand.

I guess the back of JJB would be the south part of the east terrace more recent away section

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
cardboard said:
Burger King is closest to where the away fans were in the corner next to the north stand.

I guess the back of JJB would be the south part of the east terrace more recent away section
Cheers. We`re the Burger we`re Burger we`re the Burger King over here!!!!!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I haven't been there since that fateful day in Jan 2007 when DFS didn't have the chair we wanted.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
have never driven past there, let alone shopped. For me, that stretch of the OSR is the spiritual home of the club and I prefer to remember it just as I always knew it. However, once we get Falmer, that will become our new physical and spiritual home - and I shall take the children (or maybe grandchildren by then!) to Toys R Us in Hove to celebrate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here