Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you can see from this thread the people who havent got kids

Have any of you thought that perhaps the local kids want to watch a team that is successful, on telly every week, have players you can recognise and when an international is played they can look at those players with pride that they " play for my team", play in a fabulous stadium that takes their breath away when they walk in, and that their mates also support.

If I had a youngster who asked me if we could go to Chelsea, tottenham or Arsenal, I would be on the phone for tickets like a shot!

Although some people on here live and breathe Brighton and Hove Albion, there are 250,000 people in the connurbation of B&H and we get on average less that 6000 people. My missus who works at a local primary school can name about 5 pupils who go to withdean regularily with their parents, in the same breath she can tell me of many more kids who travel up to Town with their parents to watch the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham etc etc....

We all know its Falmer's fault for everything, but do not have a go at Rougvie just because his child doesnt give a stuff about Brighton

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

We all know its Falmer's fault for everything, but do not have a go at Rougvie just because his child doesnt give a stuff about Brighton

I personally would just refuse to buy my child a Chelsea shirt. Is that unreasonable? They can have the Brighton one, but if they think I'm spending my money on that sh*t then they have another thing coming.

If they really want a Chelsea shirt they better get saving there pocket money.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
If anyone is reading it carefully they would have spotted that its actually my partners little girl (her father is dead) not mine.

Hey the kid is well behaved, never spoiled, doing well at school and has been spotted by an olympic coach as a future athlete.

Last thing on my mind would be to alienate her and try and force something on her she just simply doesnt want, its no different with religion or whatever, no wonder there are so many kids that grow up to hate there parents as many seem to be MADE to do exactly what the parents do. How very sad.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'm not talking about anything else other than a football shirt here. Sad to hear her dad died thats not pleasant.

At the same time I'm not "telling" you (not as if you'd care) how to raise your little girl. But I'd say if she wanted that shirt she could save her pocket money. If you think that is sad fair enough, I rather call it my principle.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Caveman said:
I'm not talking about anything else other than a football shirt here. Sad to hear her dad died thats not pleasant.

At the same time I'm not "telling" you (not as if you'd care) how to raise your little girl. But I'd say if she wanted that shirt she could save her pocket money. If you think that is sad fair enough, I rather call it my principle.

Agree 100%
:clap2:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Caveman said:

I think had she not asked for it from Santa then yes I may have done that, but to deprive her of something she wanted when in a year or so's time she probably wont believe in Santa anyway ?

No, life is too short.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Goring Gull said:
If you biumped into Archer or Bellotti you'd probably thank them - let's face it we've had some great times recently double championship , playoff final wins - i'd rather have had all that than 10 more year sof piss poor mediocre level 2 and 3 of english football.

Falmer will be the icing on the cake.

Hmmm - divisions 3 and 4 winners really - hardly the top flight stuff everyone purports to want to see here. You might as well as wanted us to loose at Hereford so we could have had some "great times" winning the Conference. The "Championship" and "League 1" ARE piss poor mediocre level 2 and 3 of English football.... :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: Pillock

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I have never ever gone into the retail park, let alone buy anything from it. When my kids get frustrated at not being able to go to Toys r Us I will tell them the reason why and expect them to carry on the tradition, and still hate going past it. A true supporter will never forget

steve-c

:bowdown: that land is albion land and will always be the hallowed land of the albion, i havent been back since donny 97, and i'm getting married on 28th april , as close to the 10th anniversary as i could get, at least i wont forget my anniversary:lolol: :lolol: :albion:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dave the Gaffer said:

Very easy to say the least.

Fortunately at least my two are STH but have Premiersh1te allegiances

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
:ohmy: I have shopped there and enjoyed it,

I Totally enjoy driving and walking around the buildings showing my 15 yr old son where the club shop used to be, where i used to stand, where i got my crap food, where i used to wait for players to enter and leave so I could get there autographs when i was his age, where i met Mike Bamber for the first time, where I stood with my face pushed hard against the mesh fence as Jimmy Case broke through and scored the only goal against norwich to put us into the glory stages of the FA cup in '83, where i was when Chelsea invaded the north stand, where me and his grandad sat for the last ever home game and watched as true albion fans tore the place to pieces afterwards, the route i ran to catch the first train out of hove station before the crowds came every home game, where i was standing when the bloke that runs the pub opposite his girlfriends house scored the second against Liverpool (Gerry Ryan) and how I cheered like a lunatic when i thought the third had gone in until someone grabbed hold of me an pointed out it had only hit the side netting.

My boy is now (after a few beatings) totally commited to the Albion for life and loves the history and will bring up his children to follow the Albion as did my Dad and Grandad.

It is a shame that he will not be able to show his children around withdean in 10yrs time with the same affection and passion that we all share

I urge any of you to walk around there with your Children, re-live your memories until you have bored them to tears. To cheer them up buy them a burger king and a new pair of trainers, And maybe a set of 1990's hub caps from Halfords for your motor just to hang onto those memories a while longer.

I don't care what is built there now, my memories will never fade just a shame a whole generation have missed out.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I just had a go at my mate whos going shopping there in a minute, I have still never set foot on that grave and wont UNTIL we get that f***ing Falmer place...but that aint happening in my lifetime so I guess I'm never going there innit

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Mrs Headband wanted a new three piece suite from DFS at the Goldstone retail park.
I refused to go there and she got upset, so I said I would drive her to the Tonbridge Wells DFS. Got down there and couldnt find the place. One wrong turning and I was on a motorway going out of Tonbridge. She was now giving me an ear bashing for being stupid about not going to the Hove shop. By this time I was on the M25 heading towards Croydon, so for a bit of peace I said don't worry they have one at Purley Way.
We got there and they did not have the one she liked!!:lolol: :lolol:
Was a very quiet journey back to Brighton. :lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:

Have any of you thought that perhaps the local kids want to watch a team that is successful, on telly every week, have players you can recognise and when an international is played they can look at those players with pride that they " play for my team", play in a fabulous stadium that takes their breath away when they walk in, and that their mates also support.

I can honestly say I never bought my son a Bradford shirt nor my daughter a Wednesday shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here