Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins leaving it late for a push into Europe

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm not a closet Saints fan but I have to ask myself whether we would have done any better than them in the Premiership this year had we been promoted and been faced with the same set of opening fixtures? I'm not entirely convinced that we would have done. That said, I certainly don't share Redneb's view that Burnley and SW were easy games.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Ah LB I missed you over the summer with your deluded anti Saints comments. In fact you were pretty absent in May after your predictions throughout last season that we would buckle and Albion would go up.

First of all, I cant see Stoke also needing a point to stay up coz its them who we play on the last game. Secondly, I dont see you holding as much a grudge against Spurs for that day f***ing 34 years ago, especially as it was us who hit the post that day and them who just defended all throughout the game.

There is no more a deluded Albion fan than yourself. You've beaten really poor teams in Burnley, Wed and Barnsley but were the 2nd best against top half Championship teams in Hull and Cardiff (and Swindon of course). Yet you all laugh at us when were up against teams who pay their players £125-200k a week and are hence world class players.

Adkins is always gonna give excuses for yesterdays result. He's hardly gonna stand up and say 'yeah were shit.' But in fairness, we clearly needed new players and those new players only came in 1 or 2 days before the game (internationals) and hence didnt really train with the rest of the team.

You lost to Wigan, the same team that lost to Man U yesterday, the same Man U you lost to. Stoke drew with Man C yesterday, the same Man C you lost to.
Villa beat Swansea yesterday, Swansea beat West ham already, West ham have beaten Fulham already.
Sunderland drew with Arsenal, who you lost 6-1 too, Fulham beat West Brom, West Brom have beaten Everton already this Season
Chelsea drew with Qpr who drew with Norwich, who drew with Tottenham who drew with west brom and lost to Newcastle.

Whilst the start of the season always throws out some odd results based on your current form and the results above I'm struggling to find one team branded or otherwise that you will pick up a point from.

you are calling us deluded because in your opinion we have already BEAT teams that in your opinion are not very good but you are basing your premiership survival on beating teams that have already gained points from teams you LOST to - now that is deluded!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There is no more a deluded Albion fan than yourself. You've beaten really poor teams in Burnley, Wed and Barnsley but were the 2nd best against top half Championship teams in Hull and Cardiff

Shows your lack of knowledge there then as we were the better side against Hull and very unfortunate to lose, as acknowledged by Steve Bruce, while the Cardiff match was a high quality game of football which either team could have nicked.

Did you enjoy our game on Friday? I notice you took the time to join us. Bloody JCLs.

For what it's worth, I thought you'd be fine this season, though I have pointed out months ago to your deluded lot that Kelvin Davis is no more a PL standard keeper than I am an Olympic gymnastic gold medal winner. Seriously. How did none of you see that he's not up to it? Why on earth didn't you buy a keeper (not a Gillingham one)?

I still think you'll be fine, perhaps the fixture list hasn't done you any favours. Wigan apart. Oops. But it was hilarious that the first caller to Six-0-Six yesterday was a Saints fan screaming for Adkins to go.

Redknapp is firing up the Range Rover...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is no more a deluded Albion fan than yourself. You've beaten really poor teams in Burnley, Wed and Barnsley
We all know as resident pessimist, I'm no 'chicken counter', but even I think that list of 'really poor' teams may well get quite long.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Shows your lack of knowledge there then as we were the better side against Hull and very unfortunate to lose, as acknowledged by Steve Bruce, while the Cardiff match was a high quality game of football which either team could have nicked.

Did you enjoy our game on Friday? I notice you took the time to join us. Bloody JCLs.

For what it's worth, I thought you'd be fine this season, though I have pointed out months ago to your deluded lot that Kelvin Davis is no more a PL standard keeper than I am an Olympic gymnastic gold medal winner. Seriously. How did none of you see that he's not up to it? Why on earth didn't you buy a keeper (not a Gillingham one)?

I still think you'll be fine, perhaps the fixture list hasn't done you any favours. Wigan apart. Oops. But it was hilarious that the first caller to Six-0-Six yesterday was a Saints fan screaming for Adkins to go.

Redknapp is firing up the Range Rover...

Interestingly when asked the question, few Albion fans are predicting we'll go down. Probably because 3/4 of our games have been against teams that are gulf away than nearly all other Prem teams.

I saw you lot play Posh at home last season to go to temporarily top and I was pretty impressed, as I was on Friday tbf. But then my next Amex game was Leeds at home in which u were awful in the 1st half and good in the 2nd. Then I saw Palace at home and it was a dyer performance. Point is its a long season, just like it is for us.

Redknapp working for Cortese?? Jeez.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just got out my calculator and worked out the current extrapolated total 'end of season' points tally for 'The South Coast Club'. Interesting that it is precisely zero more points than they presently have!

TNBA

TTF

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'll wager that the south coast club wish they were still only letting journos draw pictures of their games rather than watching the real thing unfolding down there this term.

Actually just a picture of Adkins with his head buried in his Hands would suffice a a match report these days. No need to bother with an indepth analysis on MOTD or in the Sunday papers.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We are Southampton, we're bottom of the league, try as I have, there's too many syllables for this too fit the tune.

Try this:

Bottom of the league.
Bottom of the league.
We are Southampton, bottom of the league.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm not a closet Saints fan but I have to ask myself whether we would have done any better than them in the Premiership this year had we been promoted and been faced with the same set of opening fixtures? I'm not entirely convinced that we would have done. That said, I certainly don't share Redneb's view that Burnley and SW were easy games.

We would not have spunked 20 million on 2 forwards and ignored defence and midfield

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
It works both ways. After you lose to Arsenal in a premier league fixture, you log into and post on a Brighton message board. Good one!!!!

This! If we had just been COMPLETLEY DESTROYED, and were sitting BOTTOM of the leauge, my first thoughts wouldnt be, 'oh I know, I'll go on a Palace or Southampton message board and see what they think off our HUMILIATION.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So Red Knob If your season starts next week at Villa and you lose that would you say that if you fail again to get points at Everton (A) Fulham (H) and Spurs (A) before you meet the lowly non branded Swansea (H) QPR(a) Newcastle (H) Norwich (H) your season is over?

There are NO easy games in the Prem as there are no easy games in the Champ unless you are on form

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ah LB I missed you over the summer with your deluded anti Saints comments. In fact you were pretty absent in May after your predictions throughout last season that we would buckle and Albion would go up.

First of all, I cant see Stoke also needing a point to stay up coz its them who we play on the last game. Secondly, I dont see you holding as much a grudge against Spurs for that day f***ing 34 years ago, especially as it was us who hit the post that day and them who just defended all throughout the game.

There is no more a deluded Albion fan than yourself. You've beaten really poor teams in Burnley, Wed and Barnsley but were the 2nd best against top half Championship teams in Hull and Cardiff (and Swindon of course). Yet you all laugh at us when were up against teams who pay their players £125-200k a week and are hence world class players.

Adkins is always gonna give excuses for yesterdays result. He's hardly gonna stand up and say 'yeah were shit.' But in fairness, we clearly needed new players and those new players only came in 1 or 2 days before the game (internationals) and hence didnt really train with the rest of the team.

Why are you on here? Surely being a Prem side, abiet bottom, you should be dancing with the kings, not mixing with the Championship slummers. Let me put you straight on one thing pal, I do not predict, I never have and never will, I think you're mixing me up with someone that cares. In the similar words of a certain Norwegian commentator of a few years ago, your boys are going to take one hell of a beating, and personally I'm looking forward to it... once a scummer always a scummer, arrogant dick heads being taught a lesson... loving it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
adkins is a good manager, his weakness is his arrogance and he is deluded.

A team that finishes 2nd in the championship, on the last day of the season not clear second. That was dependent on home form and had fixtures fall right for them sends a message to me of "build like f***".

Adkins response was a few players will do. This read to me STRAIGHT BACK DOWN.

Last season Stain where nothing special, they are the team that got the luck at the right time and grabbed second spot. Hence although not many are saying it I will. You are going back down. You need a miracle like Adkins out and a manager with contacts for the transfer window.

The other problem is stains team lacks players who have experiance at the level, even if some of them are good enough(and no doubt some are) its going to take time for them to settle. This is something else adkins overlooked from last years "Uberteam".

To me relegation for stains is all but nailed on, I have stated why, if you disagree show me other clubs who went up 2nd, signed little and with minimal PL pedegree and stayed up?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Interestingly when asked the question, few Albion fans are predicting we'll go down. Probably because 3/4 of our games have been against teams that are gulf away than nearly all other Prem teams.

I saw you lot play Posh at home last season to go to temporarily top and I was pretty impressed, as I was on Friday tbf. But then my next Amex game was Leeds at home in which u were awful in the 1st half and good in the 2nd. Then I saw Palace at home and it was a dyer performance. Point is its a long season, just like it is for us.

Redknapp working for Cortese?? Jeez.

I think you will pick up points and be reasonably comfortable by the end of the season.

I don't get the dislike of Southampton, though I think it is more to do with Adkins' gracelessness more than anything else. I have no issue with the 'keeping up' comment, as Gus comes out with some goonish comments all the time, and he was probably just trying to have a minor wind up, but refusing to acknowledge our winning of L1 a couple of years ago in the traditional way just seemed a bit small minded and petty.

You are the SEVENTH biggest net spenders in Europe this transfer window, so I presume those signings will make an improvement to a side which I always thought was pretty decent to begin with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here