Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adams out

adams in or out

• Total voters

Right now ... Adams should stay to complete the shake-up of the squad that is a job that has yet to be done.

I'm sure he arrived back with doubts about the talents that were on offer. He's had half a season to assess the weaknesses. He now needs to act on his assessments.

If we get a new manager in, he'll have to spend the second half of the season doing the same job. The weaker members of the squad will remain in place. And our performances will continue to shock us.

I appreciate that, fundamentally, I am BLAMING THE PLAYERS, rather than BLAMING THE TACTICS. But I want to see a sustainable improvement in what this Club can achieve. There is NO WAY that this squad could survive in the Championship, however good a manager we have.

That is what needs to be sorted out.

Heard enough false dawns and stallings from Adams thanks, so yours are a bit of a late bleat in political support of this tailor's-dummy of a manager.

He's convinced me, and now I think we had better look at the availability and of who is out there - before they find other clubs and we are left with what's left.
For instance, is Dean Wilkins doing much right now?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I see your point, however this sort of things happens at every ground in the league, even Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

The difference is the players rise above it and ignore it most of the time.

Look what happened at Arsenal last week, one player got booed all the time he was on the pitch but they still one.

So you are saying that after FIVE MINUTES when WINNING 1-0 their fans start to shout that THEIR NOT GOOD ENOUGH, or YOUR SHIT ALBION, or SORT IT OUT MICKEY?

b*ll*cks it does - we have got to have some of the most miserable fans going.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So you are saying that after FIVE MINUTES when WINNING 1-0 their fans start to shout that THEIR NOT GOOD ENOUGH, or YOUR SHIT ALBION, or SORT IT OUT MICKEY?

b*ll*cks it does - we have got to have some of the most miserable fans going.
Where the hell do you sit?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Right now ... Adams should stay to complete the shake-up of the squad that is a job that has yet to be done.

I'm sure he arrived back with doubts about the talents that were on offer. He's had half a season to assess the weaknesses. He now needs to act on his assessments.

If we get a new manager in, he'll have to spend the second half of the season doing the same job. The weaker members of the squad will remain in place. And our performances will continue to shock us.

I appreciate that, fundamentally, I am BLAMING THE PLAYERS, rather than BLAMING THE TACTICS. But I want to see a sustainable improvement in what this Club can achieve. There is NO WAY that this squad could survive in the Championship, however good a manager we have.

Well said Lord B a very valid assement of the situation. Adams has got to be here for the long haul and to bring stability to the club with a squad that will not go up and down like a yo yo as we need to get promoted, in which ever season, but the more important thing is to stay there and build on that promotion, unlike in previous seasons.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Thanks for some sane comments at last.

Mickey has struggled, for sure, he doesn't have the right mix of players, and doesn't have cover in vital areas, and can't seem to find the tactics to bridge the gap. He has made mistakes this season, and been big enough to admit to them. Nevertheless, he is an experienced manager and given a chance in January, I believe he can do what is necessary.

We've had countless manager changes in the last few years, and where has it got us? Nowhere, that is where. It's time to actually back someone for the long term instead of cutting them down prematurely. Sacking Dean Wilkins was wrong, and sacking Mickey would also be wrong.

Yes it pissed me off watching us getting outplayed yesterday, yes it's clear to me that several players need to be culled, but lets give a manager the chance to really build something for the future, even if we go down.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
seen that the usual lickers have voted in.....well your boy has 29% so keep the faith:thud:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Nurse, we some seriously deranged people on here

adrian29uk, beardy gull, BensGrandad, Brovion, Ditchboy, Double Hard Bastard, dougdeep, e77, El Presidente, ewe2, Finchley Seagull, footychick, getreal1, Guy Fawkes, Happy Seagull, Harty, kieranschampions, Kukev31, Lord Bracknell, Lyndhurst 14, mcshane in the 79th, nail-Z-gull, nobody's dupe, Papa Lazarou, PrestGull, REDLAND, sammy, ShorehamGull, SittingbourneSeagull, Snoobs`Seagull, Spiros, Surf 'n' Turf, The Complete Badger, Tony the Pony, Tory Boy, Turkey, Uncle Spielberg, Wanderer, Waterhall Wizard, Yorkshire-Seagull, zego

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Nurse, we some seriously deranged people on here

adrian29uk, beardy gull, BensGrandad, Brovion, Ditchboy, Double Hard Bastard, dougdeep, e77, El Presidente, ewe2, Finchley Seagull, footychick, getreal1, Guy Fawkes, Happy Seagull, Harty, kieranschampions, Kukev31, Lord Bracknell, Lyndhurst 14, mcshane in the 79th, nail-Z-gull, nobody's dupe, Papa Lazarou, PrestGull, REDLAND, sammy, ShorehamGull, SittingbourneSeagull, Snoobs`Seagull, Spiros, Surf 'n' Turf, The Complete Badger, Tony the Pony, Tory Boy, Turkey, Uncle Spielberg, Wanderer, Waterhall Wizard, Yorkshire-Seagull, zego

no moderators voted for him to go... conspiracy or what?!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I tell you summat, Micky can go the minute he starts talking in the third person in interviews. Paul Ince: "This isn't about Paul Ince, this is about this group of players." What the f*** is all that about? Does my nut.

Yeah, I heard him say that yesterday n all. What a kin' GRADE 'A' KNOBBER!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any manager who says he has a long-term plan and that the fans will just have to stick with it for now is a con merchant pure and simple. No such thing as a long term plan anymore. Any manager who professes to have one gets sacked long before their professed plan has any chance to become reality. That's how life is. Especially at this level. Given the current state of the playing squad and the Falmer timeline, we stand a high chance of starting at the new stadium in League One or worse. Which I'm pretty sure does not tally with the board's business plan at all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I tell you summat, Micky can go the minute he starts talking in the third person in interviews. Paul Ince: "This isn't about Paul Ince, this is about this group of players." What the f*** is all that about? Does my nut.

Buzzer thinks Chris Hoy summed it up perfectly:

"Chris Hoy thinks that the day Chris Hoy refers to Chris Hoy in the third person is the day that Chris Hoy disappears up his own arse."

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
He won't be sacked but I don't trust him not to waste more of our limited funds in January like he did on Hawkins, McLeod etc.

Can also see Murray and Lynch leaving.

Micky is only taking us one way and that is down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here