Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adams out

adams in or out

• Total voters

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Its all very well saying "MICKY OUT" but nobody in the first page of this thread (as I can't be arsed to read the rest)makes any sensible suggestions of who should replace him I think he is here to stay at least for the moment and Albion fans should support him until then.
I'm afraid any half decent manager would love the job of managing the Albion but after reading this sort of rubbish would be looking elsewhere

Its about time the Albion fans got behind MA at least for the rest of this season and give it time,I was having my doubts like you but this sort of thing is not going to make things better most men in his position would have thrown it in a long time ago he is here for the long haul and so should we be.

Sorry but imo that really is an awful lot of drivel.

We would have a dozen better equipped Managers apply for the job if Adams was sacked.

(Personally Holloway would be my choice - available, bit of passion and his teeams always seem to play decent football)

We can't afford to sack Adams - that's the only reason he's still in charge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Friday's display was so completely lacking in any cohesion, passion and team play that only a blind man or a relative of Adams could defend him any further, surely.

Get shot before he wastes whatever money with have on a team of Jamie Campbells

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am afraid it wasn't all rosey under Wilkins and the midfield was also very poor.
We played some crap football under Wilkins, his substitutions were often baffling, we unfathomably lost to some shockingly piss poor teams (Port Vale, Mansfield) and as you say, our midfield often went completely missing.

And yet, we still finished seventh.

In order to improve on this, you'd have thought that all Adams needed to do with his significantly improved playing budget was try and instill some consistency in the current players, give the midfield a bit of steel with one or two key signings and then bring in 2 or 3 other reasonable quality players to provide some competition in a couple of key areas. What he has done instead is fall out with one of our best players and send him to a Championship club, spunk our playing budget on a dozen loan signings (and 85 year olds, Kerry Mayo and Gary Hart), and then play them all out of position - except the best ones who he doesn't play at all.

The bloke is a clueless prick.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We played some crap football under Wilkins, his substitutions were often baffling, we unfathomably lost to some shockingly piss poor teams (Port Vale, Mansfield) and as you say, our midfield often went completely missing.

And yet, we still finished seventh.

In order to improve on this, you'd have thought that all Adams needed to do with his significantly improved playing budget was try and instill some consistency in the current players, give the midfield a bit of steel with one or two key signings and then bring in 2 or 3 other reasonable quality players to provide some competition in a couple of key areas. What he has done instead is fall out with one of our best players and send him to a Championship club, spunk our playing budget on a dozen loan signings (and 85 year olds, Kerry Mayo and Gary Hart), and then play them all out of position - except the best ones who he doesn't play at all.

The bloke is a clueless prick.

I'm UNDECIDED, too...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's really rather a lot of nonsense to fit into one short post.

1. Its not the fans job to find a new manager. You advertise a vacant position, and interview the best applicants. Its really quite simple.

2. No half decent manager will be wasting his time reading 'this rubbish'.

3. 'most men in his position would have thrown it in..' biggest nonsense of the lot. He's doing a terrible, terrible job, taking a promising league one side backwards week by week. He's basically unemployable, but happily sat here on a three year deal. He's be an idiot to 'throw it in'.

4. The reality, as everyone knows, Adams included, is that 'most men in his position' would have been sacked weeks ago.

If its that simple why is DK waiting surely the fans who want MA out are right
any half decent manager WOULD read this to get the lay of the land and feelings of the fans .............do you think that MA does not read this then
its only an opinion that he is doing a crap job some wins and that opinion will evaporate....and maybe he is a man who wants to prove he CAN do the job.
sacked weeks ago then why did DK hang on to Wilkins for so long then we were in a similar position last season and look how that ended

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Those were very very bad performances. But they weren't unfathomable. Against Mansfield we had a cobbled together team half of whom were dosed up on flu pills. Against Port Vale we had just come off the back of 9 tough games in one month, we had done well and were possibly a little complacent, but we also looked mentally and physically jaded.

Anyway...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If its that simple why is DK waiting surely the fans who want MA out are right
any half decent manager WOULD read this to get the lay of the land and feelings of the fans .............do you think that MA does not read this then
its only an opinion that he is doing a crap job some wins and that opinion will evaporate....and maybe he is a man who wants to prove he CAN do the job.

Haha. Brilliant.

Consider yourself the latest member of Harty and Lord B's KEEP THE BLIND FAITH gang.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I will keep the Faith in Albion whoever the manager is and the only time that faultered was the Mullery second coming ............there is that saying

never go back

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I will keep the Faith in Albion whoever the manager is and the only time that faultered was the Mullery second coming ............there is that saying

never go back

Yes there is, isn't there? I'm intrigued as to why you are behing Adams if you weren't behind Mullery. Mullery never suffered a run of results as bad as the current one.

We've all got blind faith in the Albion - that's our lot in life.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I don't think Adams will be sacked and the more I think about it, the more I think that he should be given until Xmas. HOWEVER, I do think the following needs to be done...

- Completely shake up back room staff and bring in new faces with different ideas.
- Get rid of the loan players who are leaving in January as, unless there's a real chance of signing them, it's pointless them now being here.
- Get rid of players who've been offered contracts who are not even close to being in the matchday squad.
- Get rid of players who are constantly injured - we're not a charity we're a football club
- Knight should also come out and personally apologise to the fans for what's gone on so far this season.

Couldnt have put it better-Taxi for Dean White, Bob Booker (still laughing/larking about on Friday evening), Kerry Mayo (sorry Kerry you have been a great servant to the club but this aint Help the Aged!).

Dick-your silence is deafening!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I would just like to see him get a chance its December if we are in this position come April thats a different matter
Mullery's heart was never in it the second time

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I would just like to see him get a chance its December if we are in this position come April thats a different matter
Mullery's heart was never in it the second time

April will be too late the way we are going.

And Adams will have wasted even more money on has beens.

You're right about Mullery though. He also took over from a relativley successful Manager - I think we finished 12th or so in what is now the Premiership, and yet still Bailey got sacked!

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Couldnt have put it better-Taxi for Dean White, Bob Booker (still laughing/larking about on Friday evening), Kerry Mayo (sorry Kerry you have been a great servant to the club but this aint Help the Aged!).

Dick-your silence is deafening!!

OK so the back -room is crying out for a decent coach but the top man is paid the most and he hasn't got a clue.
ITS NOT THE PLAYERS - when this lot are well motivated and understand the tactical plan they are working to they can be a decent mid-table/fringe of playoff side , but it is obvious 'they don't know what they're doing'. We all know who's responsible for that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Keep The Faith

Adams In

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I think you can make the argument either way. As I see it the case for the defence is:

(1) On paper the squad is stronger than last year. They'll get it together soon and given time, he might yet go onto build a side capable of challenging for promotion. We will strengthen in the window and again next summer.
(2) We have beaten top teams in this league, e.g,.Leicester and Millwall. This suggests we can still finish mid-table this season.
(3) Whilst the results have been poor we aren't anywhere near a Hinshelwood situation, yet.
(4) Adams has done it in the past, he can be successful again.

The case for the prosecution

(1) Results and form have been very bad. Tactically poor, the footballl we've played is directionless, unthoughtful and smacks of the past.
(2) It appears he cannot get the best out of the players.
(3) The crowd are turning, or are already, against him.
(4) His dealings in the transfer market and with some first team regulars from last season shows poor judgement especially over Lynch.

Adams' Christmas list must include:

* A goalkeeper - we cannot be in a relegation battle with Sullivan, sorry. If FDM is out for 2 months we must get a decent replacement even if on loan.
* Full-backs - Richards would be ok, but needs competition as does Whing.
* A Central midfielder, we still have not Dean Hammond, nearly a year after he left. We must do so in the window. Plus at least one other midfielder - someone who can pass the ball.
* A proven goalscorer.
And Murray must stay.

On balance, I think we should stick by him for the time being. But Adams knows that he must get the next tranche of signings right in the window and start winning matches, and fast. Otherwise the case against will become overwhelming.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
People say that Micky was lucky during his first spell at Albion because he had Zamora. But Zamora was the cutting edge of a team packed with blokes (Cullip, Chippy, Oatway, Brooker, etc) who would have run through walls for Micky Adams. Micky succeeded at Albion first time round because he brought in the aforesaid players, people who had produced the goods for him before, to reinforce the siege mentality of a club that was fighting for its very survival.

Clearly, Micky’s methods are different to Dean Wilkins’s. Wilkins is a purist. Micky is a pragmatist. Perhaps Micky lacks imagination and is one-dimensional in his thinking. But I back him to have us in the Championship by August 2011...if he's given time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm STAGGERED by the results of this.

Not quite sure about Adams - on the one hand I believe the players are there to sort it out, on the other, I see him making a HASH of things at the moment.

I think he's right, perhaps it is just his past reputation that is keeping me believing he COULD turn it around. Only time will tell though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here