Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adams out

adams in or out

• Total voters

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I still believe that MA will turn it around and bring in some decent players in during the January window.

He won't last long I'm affraid. I've got a feeling he has three games to save himself, if we lose to Tranmere and then Colchester then thats it! Forget Swindon, because he will be gone....

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I still believe that MA will turn it around and bring in some decent players in during the January window.

You have always said this BG when this subject comes up, but why did he not bring these decent players in during pre season. He certainly had long enough if he knew what we needed. But I think we have decent players but lack leadership and tactics, there does seem a lack of any pattern to our play in my view. Can you see one?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
You have always said this BG when this subject comes up, but why did he not bring these decent players in during pre season. He certainly had long enough if he knew what we needed. But I think we have decent players but lack leadership and tactics, there does seem a lack of any pattern to our play in my view. Can you see one?

Very good point.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Listening to SCR this evening, John Byrne (who is always on the ball), said "we have the players to do well".

So..........if we have good enough players...............surely it's due to the manager being shit, why we,re so bad..............?

And............who employed the manager.................and made the breathtaking choice to sack the man , who got us to 7th last year, with a very limited budget............?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
............oops................double post.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
All this talk is pointless as I think it is very unlikely he will be sacked. We are already paying off Wilkins for two years of a contract so we are not going to pay off Micky Adams for two and a half years.

To be honest, I am not convinced but realistically we cannot afford to sack him so I say in and will stick with him. We should all get behind the team, more than ever now, and hopefully Mickey will get the backing he needs in the transfer window.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
All this talk is pointless as I think it is very unlikely he will be sacked. We are already paying off Wilkins for two years of a contract so we are not going to pay off Micky Adams for two and a half years.

To be honest, I am not convinced but realistically we cannot afford to sack him so I say in and will stick with him. We should all get behind the team, more than ever now, and hopefully Mickey will get the backing he needs in the transfer window.

Just how many more times am I going to read that we need to get behind the team. The fans do this week in and week out by just being there to see this shite every week.
Please Albion players give us something to cheer, then we might just climb the table.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I believe that we are another Brian Horton and Simon Morgan away from being a very good Div 1 side. If he can sign 2 players similar to those during January all will be well.

He obviously has got to replace the loan players but I would not be concerned if he didnt sign any of them other than Richards and brought in fresh permanent signings..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The only way Knight will sack Adams is if the pressure starts to mount on him. Thats when he usually acts. But I can't see it happening. He has really stuck his neck on the line in sacking a successful up and coming young manager and getting Adams back. To sack him would be admitting a huge failure, even more catostrophic than his others.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I believe that we are another Brian Horton and Simon Morgan away from being a very good Div 1 side. If he can sign 2 players similar to those during January all will be well.

He obviously has got to replace the loan players but I would not be concerned if he didnt sign any of them other than Richards and brought in fresh permanent signings..

I agree that the type of player you mention would be a great addition to the team, but I am not convinced MA knows where he needs the players. He makes too many changes to suggest he knows our true strengths and weakness.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just how many more times am I going to read that we need to get behind the team. The fans do this week in and week out by just being there to see this shite every week.
Please Albion players give us something to cheer, then we might just climb the table.

You say that but someone in front of me this evening was moaning from the first minute when we were 1-0 up. Just turning up is not getting behind the team.

Also, how many of these people voting Mickey out were at Oldham last week when the team played really well and got a great point with ten men. Losing to the team who are second in the league is not a reason to sack a manager.

The most amusing thing is that the person who always starts these polls never seems to be at the games as he is here to start them during/immediately after the match.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Also, how many of these people voting Mickey out were at Oldham last week e of him.when the team played really well and got a great point with ten men. [/QUOTE

Several people including yours truly. That result was in spite of adams, not because of him. 4 wins in 20 leauge games is relegation form. He has to go.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Also, how many of these people voting Mickey out were at Oldham last week e of him.when the team played really well and got a great point with ten men. [/QUOTE

Several people including yours truly. That result was in spite of adams, not because of him. 4 wins in 20 leauge games is relegation form. He has to go.

Sorry so when we lose it is all Adams fault and if we win/draw it is despite him. Based on that he has no chance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Over the last few weeks I have noticed that those who were/are extremely supportive of the management changes seem to disappear after a game like tonight..

Not that I'm critical of that, but I did enjoy a good old ding dong on here like in the Mcghee days.

I note that even London Irish (a big Adams man) is pessimistic tonight on the other forum.

Things ain't looking good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here