Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adams out

adams in or out

• Total voters

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I said from the start that I was upset about the treatment of Wilkins, and especially when we were already moving in the right direction. I then had to live with it and deal with it for the sake of the support of my club.
I have always been of the opinion that getting rid of Adams would do more harm than good. But...

I've changed my mind entirely! I want Adams out, RIGHT NOW. While we still have time to bring in another manager who can get us out of this mess. I don't want to be saying this, but I feel I've been left with no choice. It's not getting better, it's getting worse and Adams seems helpless to stop the rot. The tactics he uses are baffling at best. He obviously isn't the Mr. Motivator that we so ALLEGEDLY lacked under Wilkins. He hasn't got the crowds back in. He hasn't got the players performing for him.

In short. He hasn't got a CLUE!

ADAMS OUT :censored:

There. Said it!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I f***ing hate it, but when I'm watching shit something has to be done!

Trouble is people see what they want to see and not nessessarily what is happening, 1 mis-placed pass by one of our perminent players and it's greeted by shouts of get him off, and your shit, F**k off elsewhere, etc... whereas if it's one of the loan signings that does it, the response is that it was the fault of the perminent player for failing to break the laws of nature and manage to get on the end of it - resulting in shouts of, yes you've guessed it - get him off, and your shit, F**k off elsewhere, etc...

No wonder the players heads drop despite their efforts when anything they try fails and they get ridiculed.

It's not the manager, or the players that are always to blame for results, how motivated would you be if you knew you'd be turning up to play at Withdean, and while winning one nil, there are some complete muppets in the crowd complaining that were shit, that Adams should be sacked, etc.. It has been very negative from the crowd since the season more or less started, whatever happened to patience?

It's always someone elses fault, but here i think the crowd has played a big part in this season's poor results at home and our so called (often wrongly described) poor performances, these are fans that base whether the performance was good or not entirely on the scoreline and don't take into account the effort, the entertainment of the match etc...so if we are not winning straight away (and sometimes thats not even good enough, like today where some people turned up it seemed to abuse the manager and the players instead of bothering to support the team!!!) they get themselves worked up and up and leave p*ssed off and claiming that everything is terrible etc...

I'm getting fed up not with the team, or the players, or the ground, or the bacon butties (or whatever else has been the subject of critism so far this season) but by the often unnessessary and imo unwarrented moaning that starts at kick off, and lasts til the final whistle, it certainly massively dampens the enjoyment of the others in the crowd far more than the actual football they are there to watch

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
look guys... it's only December...:thud:

How many teams who are bottom at Xmas go down every year. History suggests that Xmas may be too late.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Trouble is people see what they want to see and not nessessarily what is happening, 1 mis-placed pass by one of our perminent players and it's greeted by shouts of get him off, and your shit, F**k off elsewhere, etc... whereas if it's one of the loan signings that does it, the response is that it was the fault of the perminent player for failing to break the laws of nature and manage to get on the end of it - resulting in shouts of, yes you've guessed it - get him off, and your shit, F**k off elsewhere, etc...

No wonder the players heads drop despite their efforts when anything they try fails and they get ridiculed.

It's not the manager, or the players that are always to blame for results, how motivated would you be if you knew you'd be turning up to play at Withdean, and while winning one nil, there are some complete muppets in the crowd complaining that were shit, that Adams should be sacked, etc.. It has been very negative from the crowd since the season more or less started, whatever happened to patience?

It's always someone elses fault, but here i think the crowd has played a big part in this season's poor results at home and our so called (often wrongly described) poor performances, these are fans that base whether the performance was good or not entirely on the scoreline and don't take into account the effort, the entertainment of the match etc...so if we are not winning straight away (and sometimes thats not even good enough, like today where some people turned up it seemed to abuse the manager and the players instead of bothering to support the team!!!) they get themselves worked up and up and leave p*ssed off and claiming that everything is terrible etc...

I'm getting fed up not with the team, or the players, or the ground, or the bacon butties (or whatever else has been the subject of critism so far this season) but by the often unnessessary and imo unwarrented moaning that starts at kick off, and lasts til the final whistle, it certainly massively dampens the enjoyment of the others in the crowd far more than the actual football they are there to watch

Top post.

Hits the nail right on the head.

It seems that most Albion fans at the Withdean think that because they have paid their money they can sit back and expect to be entertained without having to support the team. It should be a two way street, with the crowd getting the team going and the team getting the crowd going, but I doubt many players could play well in the negative atmosphere created by so called fans at the Withdean.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Get rid before the January transfer window and find a young manager making his name in the game from the lower leagues ( no I haven't a clue who, that's the directors job). I'd rather spend the transfer fund that's available in paying Adams off, if he won't walk, and having a relegation scrap with the permanent players we have and a few loanees. I do not trust Adams judgement to actually buy players that we will be stuck with for a couple of years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Top post.

Hits the nail right on the head.

It seems that most Albion fans at the Withdean think that because they have paid their money they can sit back and expect to be entertained without having to support the team. It should be a two way street, with the crowd getting the team going and the team getting the crowd going, but I doubt many players could play well in the negative atmosphere created by so called fans at the Withdean.

Old chestnut but it needs the team to motivate the crowd initially, we got a great start yesterday and then played shit until MK Dons scored. It is impossible to get behind players who can't string more than two passes together and offer no threat up front whatsoever. Scoring a goal and defending with 11 men behind the ball at home hardly leaves room for the fans to get enthusiastic. It's the negative tactics that make the crowd turn negative.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I see your point, however this sort of things happens at every ground in the league, even Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

The difference is the players rise above it and ignore it most of the time.

Look what happened at Arsenal last week, one player got booed all the time he was on the pitch but they still one.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Over the last few weeks I have noticed that those who were/are extremely supportive of the management changes seem to disappear after a game like tonight..

Not that I'm critical of that, but I did enjoy a good old ding dong on here like in the Mcghee days.

I note that even London Irish (a big Adams man) is pessimistic tonight on the other forum.

Things ain't looking good.

I am afraid I am on the turn as you can see from my new signature.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm going to give him until the Northampton game, as we have winnable ones in between and if we don't get many points from them fixtures then we will still have enough league games for a new guy to turn it round.

Didn't boo last night, just trudged out the ground with a 'here we go again' mindset. Too be fair MK Dons were always likely to win.
But more damaging for the club i had my first thoughts about wondering if its worth renewing next year regardless of the division if there isn't an improvement in the remaining 5 months as im just not really enjoy home games much, and getting one of the cheap season tickets at Fulham (£299) yeah bad fan an all that but will probabily get more enjoyment in watching the top teams in the country even if i don't care about the result.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
watch the crowds drop even lower with this clown in charge.And to think he was brought back to get the fans back.Even London Irish has said he should maybe go

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have been pretty much a fencer for the last few weeks always thinking he must turn it around soon but it is just not happening.I am getting worried this trend is not going to change.I am not sure if we should give Adams the transfer window to try and sort it out.........so i might stay on the fence.:shrug:fence:shrug:fence:shrug:fence:shrug:fence

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
look guys... it's only December...:thud:

I think the point is, realistically, we won't be challenging for promotion this season. Agreed?

Last season, we finished 7th, and had a better team of players, who were performing better for their manager. We then sacked our manager for a guy who was supposed to be better. Agreed?

At this stage we are in a relegation battle - and whilst it is early, the results do speak for themselves. As for all Harty's "last season was papering over the cracks" nonsense, I think it's pushing it a bit too much now, even for Mr. Hart, to say that what is currently happening is acceptable.

I think it would be right for Micky to step down now, to give a new manager a chance to assess the squad before January.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
all we can do is support the team and get behind them as best as possible and if we lose in the jpt then adams will be gone.

Right now ... Adams should stay to complete the shake-up of the squad that is a job that has yet to be done.

I'm sure he arrived back with doubts about the talents that were on offer. He's had half a season to assess the weaknesses. He now needs to act on his assessments.

If we get a new manager in, he'll have to spend the second half of the season doing the same job. The weaker members of the squad will remain in place. And our performances will continue to shock us.

I appreciate that, fundamentally, I am BLAMING THE PLAYERS, rather than BLAMING THE TACTICS. But I want to see a sustainable improvement in what this Club can achieve. There is NO WAY that this squad could survive in the Championship, however good a manager we have.

That is what needs to be sorted out.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think the point is, realistically, we won't be challenging for promotion this season. Agreed?

Last season, we finished 7th, and had a better team of players, who were performing better for their manager. We then sacked our manager for a guy who was supposed to be better. Agreed?

At this stage we are in a relegation battle - and whilst it is early, the results do speak for themselves. As for all Harty's "last season was papering over the cracks" nonsense, I think it's pushing it a bit too much now, even for Mr. Hart, to say that what is currently happening is acceptable.

I think it would be right for Micky to step down now, to give a new manager a chance to assess the squad before January.

oh it was supposed to be a joke. I was taking the piss out of all those nobs who were saying "it is only november" last month.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Right now ... Adams should stay to complete the shake-up of the squad that is a job that has yet to be done.

I'm sure he arrived back with doubts about the talents that were on offer. He's had half a season to assess the weaknesses. He now needs to act on his assessments.

If we get a new manager in, he'll have to spend the second half of the season doing the same job. The weaker members of the squad will remain in place. And our performances will continue to shock us.

I appreciate that, fundamentally, I am BLAMING THE PLAYERS, rather than BLAMING THE TACTICS. But I want to see a sustainable improvement in what this Club can achieve. There is NO WAY that this squad could survive in the Championship, however good a manager we have.

That is what needs to be sorted out.

What about the 13 or 14 players Thicky has already brought in ???

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not going to get the sack, and will not resign in the near future so pretty much redundant poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here