Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tom Barclay who is very reliable on twitter says he hasn't had medical yet and that's tomorrow. Squeeky bum time.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Why wouldn't Lallana be happy to stay within our wage structure on £60K a week? It'll be a big drop in weekly income, but as he's coming on a free he'll get a huge seven figure lump sum for signing on which will quite adequately compensate for the drop in his weekly (still massive) pay packet.

According to TalkSport we’re smashing our wage structure for this signing, what they are claiming is something that I don’t agree with. Wouldn’t surprise me if we have a few players on that sort of wage come the end of the transfer window.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, fans from certain clubs will openly rubbish this while being a little miffed inside. Especially those where the clubs have paid huge transfer fees to Liverpool.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to TalkSport we’re smashing our wage structure for this signing, what they are claiming is something that I don’t agree with. Wouldn’t surprise me if we have a few players on that sort of wage come the end of the transfer window.

Doubt if Talksport can do the maths, frankly! Three years at £60K a week (£3M a year) plus a six million signing on fee = three years at £100K a week (£5M a year). Of course, for them it has to smash our wage structure in the same way as the transfer window has to slam shut. I suspect they have it as one of their objectives to always speak in tabloid headlines!

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
So, do we get Lallana who by no means is over the hill.....two more decent years left in him....want it to happen...do Liverhampton make a move for ward-prowse?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The fact he didn't play too many games last season will hopefully make him quite fresh for next season and ease any injury concerns.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
For those wondering about injuries, fitness etc, this from one of Klopp's pressers in January this year:

“Everything about Adam Lallana, Adam Lallana knows and I know, and I’m really happy for him that he’s in sensational shape at the moment; that’s what we try to show constantly, as often as we bring him in,” said Klopp.

“He is a very important player in this moment. What will happen in the future, we will see. But for him, wherever it is – here or somewhere else – the only important thing is that he can show he is 100 per cent fit.

“He had some injury problems [that are] completely done; trained, body is super fit, mind in a perfect place, enjoys the time here in the moment. You can see that in each second of training and [when] he plays, very influential.

“But these kind of things we don’t discuss in public, so you have to speculate further.”

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I wouldn't be surprised if the club is having a think about our wage policy, regardless of the Lallana speculation.

I'd hate to see us go overboard with what we're paying, but equally you have to suspect that if we stay at the levels we're at now, a relegation battle is more or less guaranteed every season.

No guarantees that wouldn't be the case if we paid more, of course, but there is a correlation between wages bills and league positions, as has been pointed out many times.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the club is having a think about our wage policy, regardless of the Lallana speculation.

I'd hate to see us go overboard with what we're paying, but equally you have to suspect that if we stay at the levels we're at now, a relegation battle is more or less guaranteed every season.

No guarantees that wouldn't be the case if we paid more, of course, but there is a correlation between wages bills and league positions, as has been pointed out many times.

I was thinking the same. Its a shame football has become the way it is, but you're absolutely right. Continue with the same wage structure would mean highly likely guaranteeing a relegation battle every year

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
It’s kinda romantic that Ben’s Grandad broke this. The club finally listened to one of his player suggestions! Thank god it wasn’t Matt Derbyshire!

Announce Reuben Reid! :lolol:

BensGrandad will be up there tomorrow watching the Burnley game with his two roast dinners chuckling away and I'll be raising a toast to him. NSC's not been the same without him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Lovely isn't it. I just read on Twitter Naylor saying this looked like a goer, so came on here to see what was being said. And there was the relevant thread, started by BG.

We actually might sign Lallana.
We currently do need a LB.
Live forever, BG.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doubt if Talksport can do the maths, frankly! Three years at £60K a week (£3M a year) plus a six million signing on fee = three years at £100K a week (£5M a year). Of course, for them it has to smash our wage structure in the same way as the transfer window has to slam shut. I suspect they have it as one of their objectives to always speak in tabloid headlines!

Excellent. Do we have a War Chest?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Also, here are some comments from Liverpool fans after the Everton game in January, he obviously very much still has it. We could be in for a treat next season:

"What a superb performance"

"If he’s not getting a new contract at least get him an ice bath, was absolutely everywhere today."

"He’s been excellent recently."

"Give him another year"

"He was amazing today, best player on the pitch."

"He is superb. Would comfortably be Everton's best player if he played for them."

"He was very good today! Put in a shift, controlled the midfield. Very well done!"

"Easily MotM."

"Huge huge praise for the senior player taking charge in midfield for a young side. Well in, Lallana!"

"Exactly this. He lead from the front and it rubbed off on the rest of the lads. Really hope we keep him for another year."

"What a performance form Lallana! He simply ran the game. If he is willing to play a support role, I'd give him another contract now. He can teach the kids a thing or two on the pitch."

"Fantastic today. Captain's performance."

" Injuries alone have placed him on the margins. But it's great news for us, and dreadful news for all the other teams, that Lallana is now firing on all cylinders again."

"Absolute leaders performance and a brilliant role model for those kids!"

"Absolutely brilliant. It was crucial that he kept the ball in tight spaces and controlled it when it was lashed hard at him so we could continue our moves and this prevented Everton from getting even a decent kick in the second half. They were chasing shadows and this man was very important in creating a platform for that domination in the middle of the park."

"My MOTM today, was superb throughout!! So calm on the ball and bossed the midfield"

"So composed today, pulled all the strings and talked the young lads through it all."

"When you've got a million young lads out there what you need is somebody they can feel comfy passing to under almost any circumstances. Lallana is that player."

I could go on, great to see that he was getting these kinds of plaudits, this season, while playing for the Premier League Champions, who won the league in style.

If it's true that Dan Ashworth was very keen on this transfer and led the charge, this would be another moment where he has shown his worth in terms of our recruitment efforts.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
First page: (we don't stand a chance) He's shite and over-priced

This page: (looks like we've got him) Fantastic signing, signal of intent, who could posssibly be against it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here