Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I wouldn't be surprised if the club is having a think about our wage policy, regardless of the Lallana speculation.

I'd hate to see us go overboard with what we're paying, but equally you have to suspect that if we stay at the levels we're at now, a relegation battle is more or less guaranteed every season.

No guarantees that wouldn't be the case if we paid more, of course, but there is a correlation between wages bills and league positions, as has been pointed out many times.

I agree with this. When you look at the top sides there’s more differential. I know that’s not been the club’s philosophy till now, but if paying high transfer fees and middling wages gets you Ali J and Locadia, and paying low (or no) fees and higher wages gets you Lallana... I think Callum Wilson would command similar wages and a middling transfer fees as another example.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well, fans from certain clubs will openly rubbish this while being a little miffed inside. Especially those where the clubs have paid huge transfer fees to Liverpool.

Clubs who have paid huge transfer fees to Liverpool MORE THAN ONCE?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He wants to return to Germany.:wink: apparently.

I'll be sad when Pascal goes. Been a terrific player for us, especially that first season. And seems a bloody good bloke as well.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good luck to him. He was a fantastic bargain buy for us, and I think it's safe to say we wouldn't have stayed up that first season without him. Sadly, he's not the future for, so if he goes it will be with grateful thanks for his three years here.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
First page: (we don't stand a chance) He's shite and over-priced

This page: (looks like we've got him) Fantastic signing, signal of intent, who could posssibly be against it?
That first page makes interesting viewing:lol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
First page: (we don't stand a chance) He's shite and over-priced

This page: (looks like we've got him) Fantastic signing, signal of intent, who could posssibly be against it?

He’s 32 with a record of injuries. I can’t get excited because he’s going to be out a lot, mark my words.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely not. That would be negligent.

Amusingly, the clumsy defender they paid £28m for has scored nearly as many goals as the shot-shy striker they paid £30m for.

If you think about it, Palace- with a bit of help from Liverpool's charity arm, AFC Bournemouth- basically paid for Virgil Van Dijk.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He’s 32 with a record of injuries. I can’t get excited because he’s going to be out a lot, mark my words.
Read the thread. Klopp confirming it's the form of the incumbents that's limited his games to 15 this season. Fans saying he was best player against Everton, etc....

Sure, he's had injuries. But he was also England player of the year not so long ago. What, realistically, do you want?

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

we would never sign someone this good who has 34 caps if there wasnt a but

the but is lack of games hence why we can pull it off

a proven top ex england international

im excited

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
[tweet]1287044740723224578[/tweet]

I bet some of that £14 million is a signing on bonus. £65,000 a week over 3 years and a £4 million signing on fee is still £14 million. And its still less than we paid for Jurgen Locadia.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Has Dunk got a ‘match highest earner’ clause?

£4.6m a year is excessive for us.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Read the thread. Klopp confirming it's the form of the incumbents that's limited his games to 15 this season. Fans saying he was best player against Everton, etc....

Sure, he's had injuries. But he was also England player of the year not so long ago. What, realistically, do you want?

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

You’ve got it all wrong. No ones denying his ability, inc me. Except his ability perhaps to make the pitch. Because of this injury record. If he sits in the treatment room for best part 3 years what was the point? It’s a big gamble. Let’s hope he and Izzy don’t spend much time together.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
This is excellent news - lets hope he does as well as Milner (free transfer at same age) did at Liverpool and reality we could have paid £10+m for someone of this quality so wages are a technical bargain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here