Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[tweet]1287044740723224578[/tweet]

Doesn't appear anywhere on the LFC list of reliable transfer sources (post#286). Can't see it myself, especially as it's combined with some coaching, I believe - presumably more so towards the end of his three years.

I won't be hanging my hat on this one.

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
90 grand a week!...Jeezus

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You’ve got it all wrong. No ones denying his ability, inc me. Except his ability perhaps to make the pitch. Because of this injury record. If he sits in the treatment room for best part 3 years what was the point? It’s a big gamble. Let’s hope he and Izzy don’t spend much time together.

But that's what he is saying. It's not injuries that have kept him out the last two seasons. Apparently he has had a good fitness record recently, he's just been out of the team due to this Liverpool side being so good. And he's still played in 15 games in the Premier League this season (not sure how many were starts).

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Doesn't appear anywhere on the LFC list of reliable transfer sources. Can't see it myself, especially as it's combined with some coaching, I believe - presumably more so towards the end of his three years.

I won't be hanging my hat on this one.

It’s just bollocks. Lallana wants to play and he wants to play for a footballing coach. If coaching preparation is on the table too, plus a three year contract it’ll be nowhere near £90k a week.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am very happy with this signing. Think it shows how far Albion have come that we can attract a player of his quality, even if he is 32. So often this season we just lacked the final ball when in good positions. Lallana should help with that. He probably won't play every game but he will make a real difference to our midfield creativity, especially in games where teams defend deep against us. Hopefully will help to attract one or two more exciting signings too

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Has Dunk got a ‘match highest earner’ clause?

£4.6m a year is excessive for us.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect if this clause actually exists that the deal would be structured with this in mind with a sizeable chunk of the package being a signing on bonus or appearance bonuses (outside of the basic) to avoid the trigger otherwise Dunk gets a pay rise every time we sign a class player.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s just bollocks. Lallana wants to play and he wants to play for a footballing coach. If coaching preparation is on the table too, plus a three year contract it’ll be nowhere near £90k a week.

I think (and hope) you are right. The deal might be worth £14M, but it won't all be as wages.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
He's allegedly on £110k a week already at Liverpool without the coaching, upfront add ons! I wouldn't believe higher ups would have sanctioned that.

Also calling bollocks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]1287044740723224578[/tweet]

That poster is no more a "journo" than you or I :lolol:

Bedroom-based attention seeker.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
If the contract is "potentially worth X", then this figure definitely includes what will be a substantial signing-on fee. You can't just divide it by 3x52 to get a weekly wage of £90k!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I bet some of that £14 million is a signing on bonus. £65,000 a week over 3 years and a £4 million signing on fee is still £14 million. And its still less than we paid for Jurgen Locadia.

Hard to see us getting much back on him (Locadia that is) - could go down as one of our most expensive flops along with Ali J, Andone and sadly Izquierdo (the thick end of £50m in transfer fees paid - ouch!)

Lets hope whoever does come in this summer can have more of an impact than the above.

I see Naylor now also reporting the Lallana deal looks imminent - supposedly likely to be signed and sealed in the next 2 to 3 days per his Tweet.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This is an absolute step change for the Albion, another level. Getting players like Lallana in attracts other players like Lallana, for instance a striker like Giroud is then potentially no longer fantasy.
I never thought I’d see this in my lifetime.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
But that's what he is saying. It's not injuries that have kept him out the last two seasons. Apparently he has had a good fitness record recently, he's just been out of the team due to this Liverpool side being so good. And he's still played in 15 games in the Premier League this season (not sure how many were starts).

Then I apologise. I’m cautiously optimistic he’ll play. But we’ve had some rotten luck with marquee signings down the years eg. Kitson, Izzy, KLL, hence tempering my enthusiasm because just our luck he’ll get crocked in Austria pre season or something!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This is an absolute step change for the Albion, another level. Getting players like Lallana in attracts other players like Lallana, for instance a striker like Giroud is then potentially no longer fantasy.
I never thought I’d see this in my lifetime.

I already have in mine! And they laughed in 1998 when I said one day, we’d be back...because our history said so. Never give up believing kids!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Then I apologise. I’m cautiously optimistic he’ll play. But we’ve had some rotten luck with marquee signings down the years eg. Kitson, Izzy, KLL, hence tempering my enthusiasm because just our luck he’ll get crocked in Austria pre season or something!

I agree there. It does have the potential to go wrong. But if we are lucky we get a really talented player who is keen to play, great for the dressing room and offers us a different dimension going forward.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He had premier league game minutes or was fit enough to be on the bench for 25/29 premier league games before lockdown

He was also involved playing or available on the bench for the majority of their champions league games this season

I suspect he wasn’t in the squad for the covid period as he was leaving and wanted to stay fit with the clubs blessing

I would say on this season alone that availability is pretty good for an injury prone 32 year old

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here