Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks homophobic to me. I’m not on there but someone should call ‘Lloyd’ out on that. Also, yes we beat Leicester to another signing after Ali J, which has clearly ruffled some feathers :lol:

The Leicester local journalist (same one who announced after one game of the 2017-18 season that we were the worst side in Premier League history) says they were never in for him, which will come as some comfort to Lloyd.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but I'm not going to overboard on this signing as some major concerns about fitness and injuries. If he plays enough even at 32 he could be an asset and I hope my fears are unfounded.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Looks homophobic to me. I’m not on there but someone should call ‘Lloyd’ out on that. Also, yes we beat Leicester to another signing after Ali J, which has clearly ruffled some feathers :lol:

Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
One reason that this really pleases me, beyond the obvious fact that he is quality, is that we have quite a lot of young players and (no disrespect to our other players) not so much in the way of leaders in our older players. Don't get me wrong, it's not a criticism, some people are natural leaders, others not so much. Dunk and Glenn are quite strong characters in the dressing room I'm sure, others possibly too, but IMO we've missed what we had in players like Steve Sidwell and Liam Rosenior. Real "believers", that kind of passionate/strong personality/attitude. Lallana is a great person to bring in who will bring some of that kind of fire back into the dressing room. I'm convinced it is something we have been a little short of in the last couple of seasons, and bringing it back if we can will help the whole squad.
Bang on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Leicester local journalist (same one who announced after one game of the 2017-18 season that we were the worst side in Premier League history) says they were never in for him, which will come as some comfort to Lloyd.

On the strength of that game he wasn’t wrong though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me neither, for a team that's putting together a very exciting jigsaw it's tough to get carried away by Lallana.

Still who am I to judge? I'm sure I'll end up booing him, just like everybody else!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Which one - Ali J or Lallana? I do think often clubs are falsely linked or have an ‘interest’ but don’t bother taking it further and we as fans sometimes assume they were trying to sign the player tbf... I still don’t like the tone of his tweet or the apt part - in 2020 with all the recent equality educating we’ve sadly had to do, that tweet is wrong. And also incredibly ‘macho’ - stereotypically wrong. Good on any male or female for showing emotion - it’s endearing and not to be ridiculed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One reason that this really pleases me, beyond the obvious fact that he is quality, is that we have quite a lot of young players and (no disrespect to our other players) not so much in the way of leaders in our older players. Don't get me wrong, it's not a criticism, some people are natural leaders, others not so much. Dunk and Glenn are quite strong characters in the dressing room I'm sure, others possibly too, but IMO we've missed what we had in players like Steve Sidwell and Liam Rosenior. Real "believers", that kind of passionate/strong personality/attitude. Lallana is a great person to bring in who will bring some of that kind of fire back into the dressing room. I'm convinced it is something we have been a little short of in the last couple of seasons, and bringing it back if we can will help the whole squad.

Nailed it....and pretty much what Potter alluded to (I think in the Burnley press conference but could have been elsewhere) - need to blend the youth with some with more experience. Lallana fits the bill perfectly IMO providing the fitness issues don't recur. .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done mate. Looking at his other tweets he asked if one of the Leicester players had Harvey Prices’ football boots on. Classy fella :thumbsup:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

This is a great reflection on the impact he will have within the squad. A decorated winner with the right mentality.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Lots of ‘Pool fans on Twitter expressing surprise he’s coming to us and think he could do better. Although disrespectful and ignorant, it’s a good sign and shows how highly rated he is up there.

Here’s a good read which highlights the big influence he’s had at the club and the young players.

Adam Lallana: Core at the start of the Klopp era: tactically, in setting standards, managing the dressing room. Vital for Jordan Henderson. His legacy will be felt with #LFC's next generation - he has spent a lot of time nurturing Harvey Elliott, Curtis Jones, Neco Williams & co

Lallana was instructive in talks about game management. He encouraged recruitment. Even when he couldn't play, he made sure he had a positive influence. He'll be hugely missed behind the scenes at #LFC. His next club gets an intelligent player, leader & a thoroughly lovely person.

https://twitter.com/melissareddy_/status/1286732686283939840

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

A quick look at his posting history suggests you are right. Trump fan, Burnley plane banner fan, calls people he doesn't like nonces, Liberal use of "******" and "spastic"

Standard

Edit - looks like I can't extol the virtues of Mr Brain's products which is fair enough despite just highlighting what a CJTC likes saying on Twitter,

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sorry but I'm not going to overboard on this signing as some major concerns about fitness and injuries. If he plays enough even at 32 he could be an asset and I hope my fears are unfounded.

Same here. Underwhelmed. Typical NSC creaming themselves over a washed up injury prone player who has done nothing these last few years.

At least hes a free transfer which is a bonus

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well I’m not afraid to admit I was sceptical about this signing initially. I still do have concerns about injury and fitness.

But having absorbed all the comments and feedback from Liverpool and from Klopp, I can see a lot of really positive things in the bigger picture of this move. It’s a marquee signing for a club in our tier of the PL.

A modern game winner. Played for England. Played in the first team for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, played in huge games and I especially like what I heard about how he’s a good influence on young players at the club. That makes a lot of sense given the Graham Potter and Dan Ashworth revolution we have going on here.

Age isn’t an issue for a player of his ilk and position. He’s 32 not 42. He will be our South Coast Pirlo.

UTA!

Well said, your original post stuck out like a sore thumb. This is great news for our squad and he seems like the kind of personality to buy into our vision to achieve more.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
With six seasons at Liverpool behind him he certainly will set new standards that the others in the squad will be expected to live up to.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Same here. Underwhelmed. Typical NSC creaming themselves over a washed up injury prone player who has done nothing these last few years.

At least hes a free transfer which is a bonus

Yessssssssssss!!!!

Spence has said he’ll be shit - now we know this really is a transfer worth doing :lol::kiss:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lots of ‘Pool fans on Twitter expressing surprise he’s coming to us and think he could do better. Although disrespectful and ignorant, it’s a good sign and shows how highly rated he is up there.

Here’s a good read which highlights the big influence he’s had at the club and the young players.

https://twitter.com/melissareddy_/status/1286732686283939840

Go on the Saints forum and they say completely different. They are glad they weren't in for him

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
His injury record really isn’t that bad. Taking into account the fact he’s been a squad player the last 2 seasons and therefore naturally got less game time and even then it’s still fairly decent. The season before he played over 40 games for Liverpool and at Saints he played 40 or more games every season.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Go on the Saints forum and they say completely different. They are glad they weren't in for him

Classic case of a rival team playing down a signing for another club when in fact they are thinking, ‘Christ, that’s a good signing for Brighton’!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here