Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great signing. Maybe the Liverpool coach who chose to highlight the potential of the Brighton “project” was ITK about it last week...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bloody 'el. Assumed he'd go back to Saints. For me, the absolute perfect signing. Will be such a good example to the younger midfielders and definitely has something left to offer on the pitch.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Lallana ran rings around us at Withdean the season we strolled into the championship

Vaguely remember him playing for them and them not giving us the guard of honour, which we deserved.

Is Adkins keeping up with us?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Talksport confirmed it now too. They said it will ‘smash’ the wage structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is going from 60k a week being our top earner (Dunk) up to 80k a week for a signing considered smashing wage structure these days?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's a real statement of intent this. Season not even done and signing a Liverpool player (played 15 times in the league this season). Exciting to see what else happens this 'summer', but having him in the squad suddenly makes us only 2 or 3 signings away from a seriously decent team.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Is going from 60k a week being our top earner (Dunk) up to 80k a week for a signing considered smashing wage structure these days?

With no transfer fee, it’s probably easily doable.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why wouldn't Lallana be happy to stay within our wage structure on £60K a week? It'll be a big drop in weekly income, but as he's coming on a free he'll get a huge seven figure lump sum for signing on which will quite adequately compensate for the drop in his weekly (still massive) pay packet.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This would be a big signing for us and will signal the start of the next stage of our development.

Must’ve played against us in League 1, The Championship and the Premier League, so will know the club pretty well.

Scored for 3 games running for England.

I, for one, love having more English players. Our name is Albion after all!

Lallana
White
Dunk
Burn
Lamptey
Webster
March
Stephens
Murray

Lovely stuff.

That's assuming Lamptey stays English

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
80k a week means a cool £12.5m remuneration over 3 years.

Not bad for a retirement home on the south coast.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We’ve been burnt, no questions about it, and I’ll be the first to admit that our policy was wrong.
Lallana was a excellent player, and if he could be anywhere near that level, he will be good for your team, but he has struggled with injuries for a couple of seasons, so we’ll see.

Apropos of nothing, how's Gary Cahill's hamstring coming along?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Thread view count update:
This time yesterday we were on 15k
By midnight yesterday it was a healthy 19k as the rumour gathered credible momentum.
As of this post we’ve bypassed the capacities of several PL stadiums, including the Amex and The King Power with a respectable 35k.
Prediction by close of play today is 38,742.

Make it so North Stand Chat.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Can we change the name of this thread to ‘BensGrandad’s Best Ever Rumour’?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A source on Twitter (albeit with limited followers) suggests that he chose us ahead of Saints and Leeds!

That would just be silly. Saints, I can understand, good team but, only on a level I hope we can reach soon.
Leeds are a different kettle of fish, multiple European Cup winners, Premier League winners, elect,
Biggest club in, well, Leeds.
Of course he would have chosen them over us, they probably didn’t want him in reality.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Just read the article on 'The Athletic' (co-written by the Liverpool bod James Pearce, so must be true!!)

Doesn't say anything we couldn't have worked out for ourselves (i.e. long contract, chance to return with his family to where his family, kinda, are based, etc.)

Positive news for once though on a signing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That would just be silly. Saints, I can understand, good team but, only on a level I hope we can reach soon.
Leeds are a different kettle of fish, multiple European Cup winners, Premier League winners, elect,
Biggest club in, well, Leeds.
Of course he would have chosen them over us, they probably didn’t want him in reality.
They'll regret it when they realise that White is leaving ................... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here