Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
We’re looking at signing young, sell on value players.
The days of signing injury prone, 32 year olds, on big wages, are over .

If you have a look at his farewell video I get the impression that Lallana's roll will also be towards mentoring younger players as has been something he's enjoyed doing there and to bring a Liverpool style ethos to the club. We have no idea what the deal is so shouldn't be assuming anything too much just yet.

https://vimeo.com/441430949

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder what Ben White is thinking about this signing? Hopefully along the lines of ‘wow, I’m going to be lining up in the Premier League next season alongside players like Adam Lallana.’
Pretty exciting times for all of us.
Will fit in really well as an experienced player with the younger element of the team like White, Lamptey, Maupay, Trossard, Connolly, Alzate.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Love the way BG started this thread.
Must have been just before he died
Whenever I see a post suggesting we need a LB, I always think of BG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The way this works is as follows...

When it's your club trying to sign a highly-decorated experienced international from the current English, European and World champions:

- 90% of your own fans see it as an exciting signing, with 10% expressing concern at age, injury-record and pay.
- 90% of your rival's fans will cast scorn at the signing, citing age, injury-record and pay, with 10% seeing the merit in the signing, with a few harbouring some envy that their own club is not in the running.

However, there's undoubtedly few fans as experienced as Palace's when it comes to seeing their club spunk vast sums of money on questionable old, expensive and injury-prone marquee signings, so perhaps we should pay heed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
https://readliverpoolfc.com/2020/07/25/exclusive-adam-lallana-agrees-to-sign-for-brighton/

This is going to be a bloody good signing. He fits into the club ethos perfectly and will help the young talent coming through, I can now slowly start to see the plan the club have with Potter and Ashworth etc.

Saying all this though, I could just be pissing myself with excitement and this is all bollocks but it's starting to look more and more likely.

Jesus H Christ, that site......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need to be moving the club - and the midfield! - forwards, rather than sideways or backwards

Disappointing, as a Scot I’d expect you to appreciate players with a bit of steel and big balls, who don’t hide when the going gets tough. You’ve been down South too long! :wink:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The way this works is as follows...

When it's your club trying to sign a highly-decorated experienced international from the current English, European and World champions:

- 90% of your own fans see it as an exciting signing, with 10% expressing concern at age, injury-record and pay.
- 90% of your rival's fans will cast scorn at the signing, citing age, injury-record and pay, with 10% seeing the merit in the signing, with a few harbouring some envy that their own club is not in the running.

However, there's undoubtedly few fans as experienced as Palace's when it comes to seeing their club spunk vast sums of money on questionable old, expensive and injury-prone marquee signings, so perhaps we should pay heed.

We’ve been burnt, no questions about it, and I’ll be the first to admit that our policy was wrong.
Lallana was a excellent player, and if he could be anywhere near that level, he will be good for your team, but he has struggled with injuries for a couple of seasons, so we’ll see.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tbf Nathan Ferguson is an incredible signing on a free couldn't help be jealous of that one. Printing money.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Disappointing, as a Scot I’d expect you to appreciate players with a bit of steel and big balls, who don’t hide when the going gets tough. You’ve been down South too long! :wink:

You'll be disappointed in that post supporting Hughton-era throwback Stephens in this shiny happy Potter era :lol:

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I gather from Liverpool fans forum that Lallana was not injury prone at all last season he just could not get into the team given who else they have. Crazy talk when some say not good enough for us. I support the youth policy but nothing wrong with adding some proven premier league experience to help development. No team should soley depend on youth or experience: both are valuable.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Love the way BG started this thread.
Must have been just before he died
Whenever I see a post suggesting we need a LB, I always think of BG

Lovely isn't it. I just read on Twitter Naylor saying this looked like a goer, so came on here to see what was being said. And there was the relevant thread, started by BG.

I gather from Liverpool fans forum that Lallana was not injury prone at all last season he just could not get into the team given who else they have. Crazy talk when some say not good enough for us. I support the youth policy but nothing wrong with adding some proven premier league experience to help development. No team should soley depend on youth or experience: both are valuable.

Absolutely this, it's just jealousy from thick **** fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here