Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We got a very decent season out of Wayne Bridge at a roughly similar age. Pretty sure it would be the same with Lallana. Wages a problem? Then it's a non-starter. But he'll have doubtless already made his retirement pile, and may well fancy a season or two cruising at the Albion rather than being touted around the world to the highest bidder

If he has to "make do" with out report wage cap of £50k pw, that is still £2.5m a year. Surely there are some players around willing to earn less of a fortune instead of a bigger fortune for the chance of the best football option. You would think some £300k+ a week players would play for their first club in the lower leagues for their last season at a pittance to thank them for the start. Not sure many if any have though. Top level players must be way, way past the "saving for the future" point that they could sacrifice a year or two of mega bucks to just get a good football experience.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I could well be very wrong, but it almost seems to be that he'll be getting a similar on-pitch role to Crofts has in the U23s. Obviously with the necessary playing ability - and focused on the development of the younger squad members.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I genuinely believe that a midfield 3 with the likes of Alzate, Biss, Lallana, MacAllister, Molumby and Propper has so much more to offer in Potters style of play than Stephens, Gross and Mooy

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I genuinely believe that a midfield 3 with the likes of Alzate, Biss, Lallana, MacAllister, Molumby and Propper has so much more to offer in Potters style of play than Stephens, Gross and Mooy
I'd not include Mooy in that assessment, but if this signing happens I can see both Groß and Stephens moving on this summer ( both with our thanks for past seasons ).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

You could well be right - we are in next level mode now. Stephens and Gross have been superb in the first three seasons in the PL but both seem to struggle with the Potter style. Gross doesn't have the mobility required and is limited to the odd killer pass. Mooy has all of the skills if we can figure out where to play him. He has either been MoM or anonymous. A good holding midfielder who can play out from the back without the mistakes of Stephens and Propper could be all we need to free up the more exciting, younger options. Don't know if that is the plan with Lallana but dropping deeper seems a common move for ageing AMs.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I'd not include Mooy in that assessment, but if this signing happens I can see both Groß and Stephens moving on this summer ( both with our thanks for past seasons ).

I'd absolutely keep Mooy, and I do think he adds value. Just always seems a bit ponderous, whether that's due to the lack of options for a pass.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
If he has to "make do" with out report wage cap of £50k pw, that is still £2.5m a year. Surely there are some players around willing to earn less of a fortune instead of a bigger fortune for the chance of the best football option. You would think some £300k+ a week players would play for their first club in the lower leagues for their last season at a pittance to thank them for the start. Not sure many if any have though. Top level players must be way, way past the "saving for the future" point that they could sacrifice a year or two of mega bucks to just get a good football experience.

We can offset the wage drop with a huge signing on fee as there is no transfer fee involved. However if we are going to become this top 10 club that Bloom has ambitions of I am sure we have to increase that wage cap to attract the players that are needed to be serious about challenging for the top 10. I'm sure Bloom knows this and the money is available for the right signings (and for Lewis Dunk's new contract)

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2020/07/25/exclusive-adam-lallana-agrees-to-sign-for-brighton/

This is going to be a bloody good signing. He fits into the club ethos perfectly and will help the young talent coming through, I can now slowly start to see the plan the club have with Potter and Ashworth etc.

Saying all this though, I could just be pissing myself with excitement and this is all bollocks but it's starting to look more and more likely.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully he's passed Leeds, the Nigel's couldn't tempt him unless his stay in Liverpool has made him look at rats differently..

While he's a better player than their existing midfielders, I couldn't see him being on their list due to his age and injury record. It's well documented that Bielsa gets his players running and running and running (possibly why they blew up towards the end of last season, but the enforced break helped them out this time).

Couldn't see Palace going for him, simply because they already have the oldest squad in the PL and are trying desperately to get the average age down. Ability wise, he's clearly better than any central midfielder they have currently.

Burnley have supposedly been interested, but you have to wonder whether Potter wins out in Lallana's mind over Dyche's one-dimensional brand of twatball.

Leicester- maybe it's a question of whether he'd play regularly, which ultimately is what he's got to be after, surely?

Everton, West Ham, Villa, Watford, Newcastle- they could all be improved by him, and probably even Sheffield United.
l
Wolves- while you could see he would work within their style, they wouldn't be interested unless he was called Adama Lalaños and owned by Jorge Mendes.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
"He is enthused by the challenge of helping Graham Potter’s side become more confident in possession. He could also help them advance in terms of game management and generating belief that they can regularly beat better resourced teams, writes [MENTION=24142]Mel[/MENTION]issaReddy_"

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1286968957921091586?s=20

Makes total sense. We need to move on from the TeamsLikeBrighton mentality and sprinkle some exceptional players who have really been there and done it. That's really going to feed into the younger players.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Club would need to emphasis that we'd be doing the player a favour other than the other way around. Club is (hopefully) building for the future. Player has (hopefully) already made his millions and might now fancy having a nice n easy pre-retirement season on the south coast

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Club would need to emphasis that we'd be doing the player a favour other than the other way around. Club is (hopefully) building for the future. Player has (hopefully) already made his millions and might now fancy having a nice n easy pre-retirement season on the south coast

Think Wayne Bridge......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here