Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's no doubt that Lallana has the ability but, at 32, I suspect it's Dan Ashworth's reports on his character that has really made this a goer.

And the first few pages of this thread make for some amusing reading. Benefit of hindsight :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's coming (if he's coming) on a free - no need to break the wage structure. The lump sum he'll get for signing on will more than make up for the reduction in his weekly earnings.

Correct. They’ll factor this into his wage demands I’m sure whilst keeping with our structure for the basic wage. Simple business.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's not just the signing of Lallana that's exciting, but also I'm sure a player of his quality and reputation will help us attract other, maybe younger, players to the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We got a very decent season out of Wayne Bridge at a roughly similar age. Pretty sure it would be the same with Lallana. Wages a problem? Then it's a non-starter. But he'll have doubtless already made his retirement pile, and may well fancy a season or two cruising at the Albion rather than being touted around the world to the highest bidder

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's no doubt that Lallana has the ability but, at 32, I suspect it's Dan Ashworth's reports on his character that has really made this a goer.

And the first few pages of this thread make for some amusing reading. Benefit of hindsight :wink:

Some posters have embarrassed themselves there - never make bold comments like ‘no chance’ etc! Also a lot of oddly negative posts about him with zero insight into the players fitness, wages or attitude!!!

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade

If he can help develop Trossard Alzate and Alexis is a no brainer.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He’s not slow anyway but away from actual pace, one of our biggest problems is that our current players can be really ponderous on the ball which when we’re in transition and trying to break, has been a regular issue this season.

The way Potter players, we need players with quick feet on the ball as well as quick brains and Lallana has both of these assets.

Potentially excellent, really exciting signing and a (cliche alert) statement of intent. When was the last time we signed a player from the current champions of this country, let alone Europe?!

Exactly this, pace isn’t the issue, a fast football brain is what we are missing in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
When I first heard this, I must admit to being a bit "meh" .

I have always like him as a player, has always had an eye for a pass and can score goals, but, unfortunately for him, and England, suffered with injuries.

If we are bringing him in as a father figure to the youngsters coming through, to help their development and to also push the team further up the pitch when he plays AND financially fits it, I am excited about this and really hope it happens now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Surely his great mate [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] knows the scoop?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been thinking about this a lot since it seemed to take off last night. Yes, he's been a bit injury prone in recent years, and yes, he's 32. But there are so many reasons why it's potentially a great move.

(1) He's a level above what we have already, and would add speed of thought and dynamism to our midfield, which, even under Potter, can still be a bit static at times

(2) He's clearly a decent bloke judging by Horseteeth Klopp's opinion of him, which fits perfectly with the No Dickheads policy.

(3) Even now, he's a player who fans of plenty of clubs in this league would be looking at and thinking "why didn't we go for him?". Clubs like Villa, Palace (yes), Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Saints, Sheffield United etc

(4) He's worked under Horseteeth for four years. He's got experience of absolute top level football.

(5) He represents something of a statement signing for a club like us. He's a "next step" sort of player, who can not only impress, but will also improve others in the squad

(6) Other potential recruits would look at him signing up and think "hang on, maybe Brighton are going somewhere here". It makes us more appealing.

No guarantees of anything in football of course, but I really do think this could be an absolutely splendid bit of business if we pull it off.

Jul 20, 2003
Been thinking about this a lot since it seemed to take off last night. Yes, he's been a bit injury prone in recent years, and yes, he's 32. But there are so many reasons why it's potentially a great move.

(1) He's a level above what we have already, and would add speed of thought and dynamism to our midfield, which, even under Potter, can still be a bit static at times

(2) He's clearly a decent bloke judging by Horseteeth Klopp's opinion of him, which fits perfectly with the No Dickheads policy.

(3) Even now, he's a player who fans of plenty of clubs in this league would be looking at and thinking "why didn't we go for him?". Clubs like Villa, Palace (yes), Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Saints, Sheffield United etc

(4) He's worked under Horseteeth for four years. He's got experience of absolute top level football.

(5) He represents something of a statement signing for a club like us. He's a "next step" sort of player, who can not only impress, but will also improve others in the squad

(6) Other potential recruits would look at him signing up and think "hang on, maybe Brighton are going somewhere here". It makes us more appealing.

No guarantees of anything in football of course, but I really do think this could be an absolutely splendid bit of business if we pull it off.

These

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here