Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Club would need to emphasis that we'd be doing the player a favour other than the other way around. Club is (hopefully) building for the future. Player has (hopefully) already made his millions and might now fancy having a nice n easy pre-retirement season on the south coast

get what you're saying but I don't think favours come into it at all. I don't think the club would enter into anything at all that they didn't think was at least 100% absolutely mutually beneficial

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Club would need to emphasis that we'd be doing the player a favour other than the other way around. Club is (hopefully) building for the future. Player has (hopefully) already made his millions and might now fancy having a nice n easy pre-retirement season on the south coast

Why is that? This will be very positive for our youngsters, especially the midfield prospects.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I quite like this idea...
24C9459E-1D24-40D1-98EB-0AF8A9FAE7D2.jpeg

Maybe we could include a special BG tier.

Worth noting that two of their Tier 1 sources have reported this is pretty much a done deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just realised I've quoted the wrong person, sorry [MENTION=36353]schmunk[/MENTION]

It was meant as a reply to this quote:

I’m sure already mentioned, but anyone else a bit emotional seeing a BG thread at the top of the board again?

by [MENTION=15014]Waynflete[/MENTION]

I, for one, will be happy to raise a glass to BG, if this goes through.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only if they ship Stephens out at the same time. Outdated relic of the Hughton era shirley :shrug:

Rubbish! One of our more reliable and better players recently. You need strong characters when the shit hits the fan on the pitch, he is one of the few we have. I can’t see him going anywhere unless he wants guaranteed first team football.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This looks to be happening which shows the club is ambitious . If you read the Palace forums they are very depressed with the clubs lack of direction.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I, for one, will be happy to raise a glass to BG, if this goes through.

Funny watching all the negative comments in the early part of this thread for BG suggesting this. People eating their words now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Funny watching all the negative comments in the early part of this thread for BG suggesting this. People eating their words now.

In fairness BG didn’t expect it to happen either!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
This will officially be announced next few days I should think. Seems to be a done deal

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This looks to be happening which shows the club is ambitious . If you read the Palace forums they are very depressed with the clubs lack of direction.

We’re looking at signing young, sell on value players.
The days of signing injury prone, 32 year olds, on big wages, are over .

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We’re looking at signing young, sell on value players.
The days of signing injury prone, 32 year olds, on big wages, are over .

Welcome to PL football in the 21st century :smile:

Can I suggest a change of manager might help this happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here