Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Not surprised really. The first team and squad need to be elevated to a higher level to meet the club's ambition so this pedigree of signing needs to become the norm rather than exception.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Tbf Nathan Ferguson is an incredible signing on a free couldn't help be jealous of that one. Printing money.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

It’s going to a tribunal,so could be £2 million, but a excellent signing and the sort that we need to focus on.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We could be signing Ronaldo or Messi and some fans would point out they're on their way down or that we play a different system. Yes he's had injury problems but we're Brighton - he wouldn't be coming here if he was currently at the top of his game.

I know in the past we've spunked precious wages on Paul Kitson and Jason Dodd but it's different now - we're relatively comfortable spunking silly money on players that have minimal impact (Izqueirdo - maybe a bit harsh, Locadia, Ali J). The WORST that can happen is he is added to that list. At least we know if fit that he can hack this league.

Massive yes from me.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

If he replaces Gross, I’m in

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It’s kinda romantic that Ben’s Grandad broke this. The club finally listened to one of his player suggestions! Thank god it wasn’t Matt Derbyshire!

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Very happy with this. 34 England caps and a leader in the dressing room. Will be a good influence on the younger players.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
This would be a big signing for us and will signal the start of the next stage of our development.

Must’ve played against us in League 1, The Championship and the Premier League, so will know the club pretty well.

Scored for 3 games running for England.

I, for one, love having more English players. Our name is Albion after all!

Lallana
White
Dunk
Burn
Lamptey
Webster
March
Stephens
Murray

Lovely stuff.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Nice.
77e80a8b5c12112f5975990a9797036e.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh no. I hate a bit of planning.

Jut kidding.

This is a very good signing on many levels not least his top flight nous. I've been critical of our naivety in the past and this should improve that.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This would be a big signing for us and will signal the start of the next stage of our development.

Must’ve played against us in League 1, The Championship and the Premier League, so will know the club pretty well.

Scored for 3 games running for England.

I, for one, love having more English players. Our name is Albion after all!

Lallana
White
Dunk
Burn
Lamptey
Webster
March
Stephens
Murray

Lovely stuff.

Lallana ran rings around us at Withdean the season we strolled into the championship

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'll now have 4 attacking midfielders - Lallana, Groß, Mac Allister and Alzate without even considering Mooy and Pröpper.

Sadly I think Pascal will be on his way.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Been thinking about this a lot since it seemed to take off last night. Yes, he's been a bit injury prone in recent years, and yes, he's 32. But there are so many reasons why it's potentially a great move.

(1) He's a level above what we have already, and would add speed of thought and dynamism to our midfield, which, even under Potter, can still be a bit static at times

(2) He's clearly a decent bloke judging by Horseteeth Klopp's opinion of him, which fits perfectly with the No Dickheads policy.

(3) Even now, he's a player who fans of plenty of clubs in this league would be looking at and thinking "why didn't we go for him?". Clubs like Villa, Palace (yes), Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Saints, Sheffield United etc

(4) He's worked under Horseteeth for four years. He's got experience of absolute top level football.

(5) He represents something of a statement signing for a club like us. He's a "next step" sort of player, who can not only impress, but will also improve others in the squad

(6) Other potential recruits would look at him signing up and think "hang on, maybe Brighton are going somewhere here". It makes us more appealing.

No guarantees of anything in football of course, but I really do think this could be an absolutely splendid bit of business if we pull it off.

Horseteeth :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here