Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Adam Lallana

As much as I really rate Pascal, the signing of Lallana could suggest that he'll be moving on this summer.

Exactly that [emoji106] or Propper.

I’ve long felt there’s going to be a lot of outgoings next couple of seasons as GP aligns the squad to his style. Fan clubs and poster boys better buckle up!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
At 32 and out of contract he will be looking for a decent last contract, regular game time and perhaps has one eye on transition into life after playing. If we can make the wages work (accepting without a fee it is likely to break our existing structure) then can see us ticking a lot of boxes for him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just do a search for Adam Lallana

"He deserves better than Brighton tbh he’d start for about 12 teams"
"he’s too good for brighton wtf?"
"He’s better than that"
"Christ, Chris smalling and Ashley young doing well at inter and to read timelines saying Burnley and Brighton etc are in the running is a joke. Leicester at least."
"Psg
Porto
Sevilla
Leeds
Sheff Utd
Leicester
Wolves
Inter
Juve

All better options that bloody Brighton"

"That’s probably the one of the worst two clubs he could go for as well as Burnley that we know are in the Prem"

etc, etc

AND

"1st dabs on ben white then?"
"sweaten the ben white deal, then"
"nice gesture from us now give us Ben white"
"Sweeten them up so we can get White!"

etc, etc

I wouldn’t trust a single thing online from Liverpool fans. On NSC most people on this site are also normally to be found in seats at the Amex and various away ends. Most Liverpool fans online are clueless Trevor from Essex types who couldn’t find Anfield with a satnav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At 32 and out of contract he will be looking for a decent last contract, regular game time and perhaps has one eye on transition into life after playing. If we can make the wages work (accepting without a fee it is likely to break our existing structure) then can see us ticking a lot of boxes for him.

If we can get him on a good value deal maybe for a year or two it’s a no brainer.
If we bend over and give him a long deal into his mid-30s And break our wage structure, it’s a massive gamble.
Given his injury record, He’s not worth going all in for.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we can get him on a good value deal maybe for a year or two it’s a no brainer.
If we bend over and give him a long deal into his mid-30s And break our wage structure, it’s a massive gamble.

He's coming (if he's coming) on a free - no need to break the wage structure. The lump sum he'll get for signing on will more than make up for the reduction in his weekly earnings.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Anymore of a gamble than signing someone new? For illustration £85k a week on 3 year deal would be equivalent to the fee we paid for Izquierdo and that’s before we overlay his wages and this for someone we probably won’t see in a Brighton shirt again.

Out of contract I can’t see the player taking anything less than something that will see him through until 35 and can see others taking a punt if we wont break our wage structure.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Adam Lallana

I’m still concerned about his injury record, and he seems to be another slow, creative midfield types we have already (Gross, Mooy).

I have no doubts of his talent and class however. Actually quite heartened by Liverpool fans comments, shows what an impact he’s had at the club both on and off the pitch.

Ashworth has a plan it seems, I’m backing him.

He’s not slow anyway but away from actual pace, one of our biggest problems is that our current players can be really ponderous on the ball which when we’re in transition and trying to break, has been a regular issue this season.

The way Potter players, we need players with quick feet on the ball as well as quick brains and Lallana has both of these assets.

Potentially excellent, really exciting signing and a (cliche alert) statement of intent. When was the last time we signed a player from the current champions of this country, let alone Europe?!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's that 2011 line up

brightonsouthampton.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did not know that Stephens had played for Saints until today

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Definitely worth the risk in my view - sign him up. He’s unlikely to directly improve our ‘goals for’ tally though - 1 in 43 over the last 3 seasons. Might well get a decent number of assists though. Quality player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here