Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Brighton are leading the charge to snap up #LFC's Adam Lallana offering the midfielder a good contract centred around him being a leader on the pitch and off it, furthering their tactical development. Dan Ashworth a driver of the deal that they’ve been working on since January.

Above is a tweet just posted from Melissa reddy who is a serious sports journalist for the independent with over 250,000 followers so is credible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Finally some genuine news on it from a credible source -
Please get it done!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Blimey.

In my mind I've been very sceptical about this rumour.... but this all sounds very positive.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see Liverpool fans are convinced he's on his way to us (and nearly all think he could do better :angry:)

It's also interesting that a few see the move as a sweetener for them getting White ...gawd knows why

I searched that whole thread and found nothing - assume your meant the lady journo?!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
“There are parts of me that are excited about my next challenge,” said Lallana.

“I’m close to knowing what’s happening so there’s a mixture of emotions really at the moment.

“It’s unfortunate I won’t get a chance to properly say goodbye (to the fans), but I’m pretty sure I’ll be back at Anfield and hunting for three points against them.

“I’m sure they’ll give me a nice welcome and it’ll be nice to say goodbye properly and I’m sure that will happen next season at some point.”
From the Telegraph

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I searched that whole thread and found nothing - assume your meant the lady journo?!

Just do a search for Adam Lallana

"He deserves better than Brighton tbh he’d start for about 12 teams"
"he’s too good for brighton wtf?"
"He’s better than that"
"Christ, Chris smalling and Ashley young doing well at inter and to read timelines saying Burnley and Brighton etc are in the running is a joke. Leicester at least."
"Psg
Porto
Sevilla
Leeds
Sheff Utd
Leicester
Wolves
Inter
Juve

All better options that bloody Brighton"

"That’s probably the one of the worst two clubs he could go for as well as Burnley that we know are in the Prem"

etc, etc

AND

"1st dabs on ben white then?"
"sweaten the ben white deal, then"
"nice gesture from us now give us Ben white"
"Sweeten them up so we can get White!"

etc, etc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
“There are parts of me that are excited about my next challenge,” said Lallana.

“I’m close to knowing what’s happening so there’s a mixture of emotions really at the moment.

“It’s unfortunate I won’t get a chance to properly say goodbye (to the fans), but I’m pretty sure I’ll be back at Anfield and hunting for three points against them.

“I’m sure they’ll give me a nice welcome and it’ll be nice to say goodbye properly and I’m sure that will happen next season at some point.”
From the Telegraph

I'll admit to not knowing much about Lallana the man as opposed to the player, but this is really heartening to read...

"Adam Lallana: Core at the start of the Klopp era: tactically, in setting standards, managing the dressing room. Vital for Jordan Henderson. His legacy will be felt with #LFC's next generation - he has spent a lot of time nurturing Harvey Elliott, Curtis Jones, Neco Williams & co

Lallana was instructive in talks about game management. He encouraged recruitment. Even when he couldn't play, he made sure he had a positive influence. He'll be hugely missed behind the scenes at #LFC. His next club gets an intelligent player, leader & a thoroughly lovely person"

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Brighton are leading the charge to snap up #LFC's Adam Lallana offering the midfielder a good contract centred around him being a leader on the pitch and off it, furthering their tactical development. Dan Ashworth a driver of the deal that they’ve been working on since January.

Above is a tweet just posted from Melissa reddy who is a serious sports journalist for the independent with over 250,000 followers so is credible.

She also has very close ties to Liverpool. Unless we get gazumped, this is on.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Whether this go through or not I wonder if its the quality & availability of Adam he wants to sign or he's identified a creative midfielder as a role that needs to be filled.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Whether this go through or not I wonder if its the quality & availability of Adam he wants to sign or he's identified a creative midfielder as a role that needs to be filled.

From what I've seen of him he also leads the press and gets stuck in. Ticks a lot of boxes.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That would be a serious show of intent if we could sing a player of his caliber

This. Cant get myself to quite believe it and get my hopes up. Been there and done that so many bloody times only to find we are signing a 9 year old DS player from Reykjavík youth squad that dissapears into the boot room, never to emerge again.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Just do a search for Adam Lallana

"He deserves better than Brighton tbh he’d start for about 12 teams"
"he’s too good for brighton wtf?"
"He’s better than that"
"Christ, Chris smalling and Ashley young doing well at inter and to read timelines saying Burnley and Brighton etc are in the running is a joke. Leicester at least."
"Psg
Porto
Sevilla
Leeds
Sheff Utd
Leicester
Wolves
Inter
Juve

All better options that bloody Brighton"

"That’s probably the one of the worst two clubs he could go for as well as Burnley that we know are in the Prem"

etc, etc

AND

"1st dabs on ben white then?"
"sweaten the ben white deal, then"
"nice gesture from us now give us Ben white"
"Sweeten them up so we can get White!"

etc, etc

And ... 'a team like Brighton.'

To be fair, there were also a lot of complimentary posts, but my goodness the arrogance, sense of entitlement etc of so many ..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And ... 'a team like Brighton.'

To be fair, there were also a lot of complimentary posts, but my goodness the arrogance, sense of entitlement etc of so many ..

Yes - although many of the more complimentary ones appeared after I first looked at. I think a few Brighton fans had piled on (including our Edna) but had been joined by more thoughtful Liverpool fans.

I liked the one who said that Potter was the third best manager in the PL after Klopp and Nuno.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, in summary, fans of current World, Europe and Premier League champions Liverpool hope that Adam Lallana joining little old Brighton means they may have a better chance of snapping up a centre-back who was so far down our pecking order we sent him to lower League side Leeds for a season.

I can live with that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Lallana was in Southampton's squad when they came to Withdean in 2011 and Adkins refused the guard of honour after we had won League One. Nearly a decade on, including Lallana there are six players from the two squads that day who have been playing Premier League football this season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here