Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Lallana was in Southampton's squad when they came to Withdean in 2011 and Adkins refused the guard of honour after we had won League One. Nearly a decade on, including Lallana there are six players from the two squads that day who have been playing Premier League football this season...

That’s a great stat, 4 of the 6 were in our squad that day too, and the other Saints player is now a PL player with us.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m really excited about this, think he will be a fantastic signing for us.

That interview was great and backs up what I think about Henderson too, he is a really under-rated player. Should be England captain and the midfield built around him.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I’m sure already mentioned, but anyone else a bit emotional seeing a BG thread at the top of the board again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lallana was in Southampton's squad when they came to Withdean in 2011 and Adkins refused the guard of honour after we had won League One. Nearly a decade on, including Lallana there are six players from the two squads that day who have been playing Premier League football this season...
That’s a great stat, 4 of the 6 were in our squad that day too, and the other Saints player is now a PL player with us.
Murray, Barnes, Wood ? Dunk ?

???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Indeed.

The source article for the tweet :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/24/brighton-emerge-frontrunners-sign-adam-lallana/

The key sentence is before the paywall fade out.

Brighton emerge as frontrunners to sign Adam Lallana
The midfielder will not be part of Liverpool's squad for their final match of the season against Newcastle
By
Chris Bascombe
24 July 2020 • 10:30pm

Brighton have emerged as frontrunners to sign Adam Lallana following the midfielder’s Liverpool exit this weekend.

Lallana will not be part of Jurgen Klopp's final squad of the season at Newcastle United this weekend as he looks to finalise a move having entered talks with Graham Potter.

The 32-year-old is leaving on a free transfer Bosman deal, six years after his move to Merseyside from where he now departs as a Premier League, world and European champion.

It would be quite a coup for Brighton if they can complete negotiations over the coming days. Lallana’s decision was always going to be influenced by style of football at his next destination, so the evolution of Brighton this season is clearly a key factor should the deal go ahead.

Lallana has been his goodbyes to Liverpool teammates and staff and gave an emotional interview to club media on Friday.

Klopp was determined for the former England international to be around the club for the climax of the season, securing him on a one month extension when his original deal ran out in July.

That is because Klopp remembers Lallana’s key role at the start of the manager’s Anfield reign, when he was one of the key players with Jordan Henderson and James Milner who set the standards on and off the field, understanding the coach’s tactical instructions, and applying the professionalism demanded in the dressing room.

“There are parts of me that are excited about my next challenge,” said Lallana.

“I’m close to knowing what’s happening so there’s a mixture of emotions really at the moment.

“It’s unfortunate I won’t get a chance to properly say goodbye (to the fans), but I’m pretty sure I’ll be back at Anfield and hunting for three points against them.

“I’m sure they’ll give me a nice welcome and it’ll be nice to say goodbye properly and I’m sure that will happen next season at some point.”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a change in responses since the original suggestion by BG (RIP) and even he thought it unlikely to happen.

I think we can thank Potterball that this now looks a possibility.

The bit in the article above about going back to Anfield “hunting for three points “ is the only thing that makes me think he is probably going to another club :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chat with Potter today before he departs for Burnley, medical tomorrow and singing when Lallana becomes a free agent on Monday ?

That's probably all a little optimistic, but it would be so good to hit the ground running this transfer window with key early business.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Chat with Potter today before he departs for Burnley, medical tomorrow and singing when Lallana becomes a free agent on Monday ?

That's probably all a little optimistic, but it would be so good to hit the ground running this transfer window with key early business.
Wednesday, 3 year deal :wink:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I will believe it when it happens.
Of the clubs suggested by the papers, Everton would be handy for him since he would not have to relocate. The same is true of Burnley. Leicester would team him up again with Brenden Rogers , his old manager..
It would take a good selling job and a big contract to bring him here.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m still concerned about his injury record, and he seems to be another slow, creative midfield types we have already (Gross, Mooy).

I have no doubts of his talent and class however. Actually quite heartened by Liverpool fans comments, shows what an impact he’s had at the club both on and off the pitch.

Ashworth has a plan it seems, I’m backing him.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Just do a search for Adam Lallana

"He deserves better than Brighton tbh he’d start for about 12 teams"
"he’s too good for brighton wtf?"
"He’s better than that"
"Christ, Chris smalling and Ashley young doing well at inter and to read timelines saying Burnley and Brighton etc are in the running is a joke. Leicester at least."
"Psg
Porto
Sevilla
Leeds
Sheff Utd
Leicester
Wolves
Inter
Juve

All better options that bloody Brighton"

"That’s probably the one of the worst two clubs he could go for as well as Burnley that we know are in the Prem"

etc, etc

AND

"1st dabs on ben white then?"
"sweaten the ben white deal, then"
"nice gesture from us now give us Ben white"
"Sweeten them up so we can get White!"

etc, etc
Yes, because someone signing on a Free is a sweetener. Morons.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m still concerned about his injury record, and he seems to be another slow, creative midfield types we have already (Gross, Mooy).

I have no doubts of his talent and class however. Actually quite heartened by Liverpool fans comments, shows what an impact he’s had at the club both on and off the pitch.

Ashworth has a plan it seems, I’m backing him.
As much as I really rate Pascal, the signing of Lallana could suggest that he'll be moving on this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here