Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree. There is a certain type of match - ugly ones - where Stephens, for all his faults, still has great value.
He shouldn’t Start every game though.
I think both Gross and Mooy are on borrowed time.
If we can get 10m plus for Propper he should go too. He will shine at a strong club in a weak league. He’s not a good fit for us.
I love a clueless post, Propper has been excellent for us this season and I’m guessing that’s why the club gave him a new deal. Mooy has also had some outstanding games this season :shrug:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He's even got a ready made song... but perhaps we'll have to up the tempo just a tad... and possibly modify the lyrics slightly, as I'm not sure their sentiment is necessarily the message we would want to convey...although I'm sure there are those who would disagree....

https://youtu.be/bzCIx3Bz6Bw

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As the Scouse bloke says i would rather sign young hungry players. Lallana has hardly kicked a ball and at 32 with a contract until 35 i think the club has made a big mistake.

I'm just glad no fee was involved. Doesn't matter how you spin it this signing worries me.

That'll do me, Contrary Spence claims to think its a poor signing.

Probably do well then.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What do you pull your willy off to? Just wondering if you can actually have a good thought in your head or are you even critical of your imagination?

I'm beginning to think it might be the attention he gets on here that gets him off.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I’m not being negative I hope I’m wrong. I just feel we should be searching out the Lampteys’s of this world.
Truth is he joined us because we were prepared to give him a three year contract. He will be 35, a millionaire and can get his badges and possibly get into our back room set-up in a lovely part of the world close to where he was brought up.
It’s an amazing deal for him, just not a great one for the club IMO.

Firstly, I am incredibly excited by the signing, I feel he is going to be a smart signing. He has always been a classy player and has a first class attitude, others have said that he will bring a lot to the team both on and off the pitch, and having worked with Klopp and Henderson to name aces he will be used to very high standards.

My second point is that actually it’s important to have balance and contrasting opinions, I haven’t watched him play and you have a much clearer insight into his time at Anfield. Hopefully he will be the catalyst for our next step, psychologically I believe it will give our team and our recruitment team a great boost as well. Already excited for next season after a great end to this one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why the recent delay though? Did he sprain his wrist attempting to sign the contract?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lots of muppets on here who were not happy about Hughton joining as manager. Who was the first on here to get excited? :rock:

Of course we won't talk about that. Doesn't fit your narrative :lolol:

I've no idea who the first to get excited on here was. I'm guessing you though. Or you think that, at least.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I can't believe anyone wouldn't see this as a brilliant signing. Hugely technical player; the experience he has at the top end of the table at one of the biggest clubs in the world that he'll not only bring to the pitch, but also our youngsters; the statement of intent it sends out to other clubs around us; the fact that it will hopefully attract others - especially considering how excited he seems to be here and take on the challenge, and how well he speaks... Like I said, all about opinions, but imo if you can't get excited about this signing then what's the point?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Adam Lallana

Lallana has made a total of 54 appearances in all competitions in the last three seasons.
He was a very average “Nice guy” at LFC. Forget the sales blurb, he’s 32 on an estimated 90k(?) a week on a three year contract.
Congratulations to the lads agent, but this is an awful signing for Brighton.
If he had joined a top ten team he would have looked half decent for 10 games a season. We need him to be playing 30 odd games a season at the bottom end of the table.
I just think we would have been far better sifting out some of the younger players who GP could have moulded, much in the way that JK has done.

This is exactly why people shouldn’t have two teams. You’ve framed the signing in Liverpool’s context and not ours. Exactly the same as a FB friend who’s from here but took the cowards route to being a Liverpool fan at school. Of course, he’s interested in Brighton now they’re in the PL but mostly so he can opine that the manager needs to go every time we lose a game.

Much like [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is a great signing no matter what happens.

Worst case scenario: someone considered a super professional person and player joins the squad, showing the ambition of the club. Even if he would have injury problems or whatever, that is always worth a lot.

Best case scenario: he finds his best self (the England Player of the Year level) and bring the team to the next level.

Its a great signing whatever happens.

Sure, if you necessarily want to be really negative, three years is perhaps on the long side - but probably also a big factor why he choose Brighton instead of one of the 5-10 placed teams.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For 9 seasons he played 30+ games a season, for 7 of them it was 40+.

Not sure not getting into this Liverpool team and previously with Coutinho and others at the club is any great evidence of his injury history.

Think he’ll be a good signing for us.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
This is exactly why people shouldn’t have two teams. You’ve framed the signing in Liverpool’s context and not ours. Exactly the same as a FB friend who’s from here but took the cowards route to being a Liverpool fan at school. Of course, he’s interested in Brighton now they’re in the PL but mostly so he can opine that the manager needs to go every time we lose a game.

I know someone who all his life "Supported" Man Utd. I remember him distincly telling me on multiple occasions Brighton were sh*t. I remember him distinctly not showing one iota of interest in going to a Brighton game when they weren't a Premier League club. He now has a season ticket and goes with his son. It makes my blood boil that he thinks any other Brighton fan should care about his opinions on the club.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

My loyalties are from birth and unlike you friend nothing to do with cowardice (?).
I don’t think I’ve ever called for a manager to go (Seriously whose going to listen) and I’m quite able to contextualise either club. My comments were made with genuine concern for my Brighton roots.
Liverpool are going to struggle to sign any player who could make a difference to the squad this year due to C19 and how FSG have reacted to that. The squad will remain basically the same. However, in spite of this they still let Lallana go who they could have easily extended his contract for another year leaving him free to join Brighton for free apart from a probable million plus signing on fee.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Southern Scouse; said:
However, in spite of this they still let Lallana go who they could have easily extended his contract for another year leaving him free to join Brighton for free apart from a probable million plus signing on fee.

This makes no sense. A) maybe he didn't want to sign a new contract as he can't get in the team, b) maybe he wanted a change, c) maybe he wanted a longer contract than 1 year d) maybe Liverpool did the decent thing and let the player choose what he wanted to do e) maybe he did join Brighton for free with a signing on fee. [emoji3]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
My loyalties are from birth and unlike you friend nothing to do with cowardice (?).
I don’t think I’ve ever called for a manager to go (Seriously whose going to listen) and I’m quite able to contextualise either club. My comments were made with genuine concern for my Brighton roots.
Liverpool are going to struggle to sign any player who could make a difference to the squad this year due to C19 and how FSG have reacted to that. The squad will remain basically the same. However, in spite of this they still let Lallana go who they could have easily extended his contract for another year leaving him free to join Brighton for free apart from a probable million plus signing on fee.

You are still missing the point. He is worth more to Brighton than he is to Liverpool. You have to look at what is needed by the respective squads.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have been saying this. Simply doesn't do it for me. His stats for the last few years are shocking. Myself i cannot wet my pants like most on here over this signing.
I'm hoping he can stay free from injury. Massive chunk eaten into our budget on a player way past his best.

.....and considerably better than anybody we currently have in midfield. If we are going to progress, we have to re-shape the most ponderous, creative-less, goalless midfield in the PL. Who sets up chances? Who drives into the box to set stuff up? Or gets on the end of anything? Who tests the opposition goalie with stinging shots. Who scores any bloody goals or even looks like scoring?
Stephens......99 PL games.....1 goal
Propper........100 PL games....2 goals
Mooy............31 PL games.......2 goals.......A grand total of 230 games for us and 5 goals.
( At PL level, simply not good enough )
At least Gross, for all his lack of pace has got 12 in 92 but his rate has slowed right down.
Our midfield gives the ball away far, far too often, particularly v the high press and results in us being constantly forced backwards.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
.....and considerably better than anybody we currently have in midfield. If we are going to progress, we have to re-shape the most ponderous, creative-less, goalless midfield in the PL. Who sets up chances? Who drives into the box to set stuff up? Or gets on the end of anything? Who tests the opposition goalie with stinging shots. Who scores any bloody goals or even looks like scoring?
Stephens......99 PL games.....1 goal
Propper........100 PL games....2 goals
Mooy............31 PL games.......2 goals.......A grand total of 230 games for us and 5 goals.
( At PL level, simply not good enough )
At least Gross, for all his lack of pace has got 12 in 92 but his rate has slowed right down.
Our midfield gives the ball away far, far too often, particularly v the high press and results in us being constantly forced backwards.

God those stats for Stephens and Propper especially are poor, aren't they. 3 goals between them in 199 games

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
God those stats for Stephens and Propper especially are pretty poor, aren't they. 3 goals between them in 199 games

I'm not on the "get rid of Propper" bandwagon but, for all his qualities, he cannot shoot. He's hopeless. When he has played further forward he has been anonymous. Dont give me this "he plays further forward for Holland" nonsense. He has done occassionally and in one game he scores twice. However, he's nearly 29 and he only has 19 caps (and 3 goals). If he was any good going forward, CH and now GP would play him there consistently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here