Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
God those stats for Stephens and Propper especially are poor, aren't they. 3 goals between them in 199 games

I can see a case for fielding 1 midfielder who never scores. IF he's like a supreme defensive rock linking defense to midfield ala Claude Makelele in his pomp. But having 2 midfielders in the starting line up who have no goal threat whatsoever is too much of a liability for the other players to make up for. I hate it when I see them both in the starting lineup.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I'm not on the "get rid of Propper" bandwagon but, for all his qualities, he cannot shoot. He's hopeless. When he has played further forward he has been anonymous. Dont give me this "he plays further forward for Holland" nonsense. He has done occassionally and in one game he scores twice. However, he's nearly 29 and he only has 19 caps (and 3 goals). If he was any good going forward, CH and now GP would play him there consistently.

Didn’t he have a ‘blistering’ on target shot on Sunday second half that Pope saved?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I can see a case for fielding 1 midfielder who never scores. IF he's like a supreme defensive rock linking defense to midfield ala Claude Makelele in his pomp. But having 2 midfielders in the starting line up who have no goal threat whatsoever is too much of a liability for the other players to make up for. I hate it when I see them both in the starting lineup.

Same. Offering nothing in terms of a goal threat is a huge deal in the Prem. All those games we dominated and didn't win, early season especially. We could and should have been much higher up the table come Project Restart. Fortunately we pulled some great results out of the hat to pull away.

I don't think we'll be seeing them both in the like up next season... I bloody hope not anyway!!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Popped back to page one to see BG is up to 96 thumbs up.for his opening post. Then read the first couple of pages. Most entertaining

My personal favourite so far is post 40

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Didn’t he have a ‘blistering’ on target shot on Sunday second half that Pope saved?

Yeah, but the stats still speak for themselves and over the years he's wasted many very good opportunities not even hitting the target let alone testing the keeper.

For the record, I'm not in the 'he's useless' camp, but his shooting especially is dire mostly

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It is a great signing no matter what happens.

Worst case scenario: someone considered a super professional person and player joins the squad, showing the ambition of the club. Even if he would have injury problems or whatever, that is always worth a lot.

Best case scenario: he finds his best self (the England Player of the Year level) and bring the team to the next level.

Its a great signing whatever happens.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So we have finally singed him and [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] says he will be a disaster which almost guarantees him legendary status

What a f***ing great way to start the transfer window :lolol:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm not on the "get rid of Propper" bandwagon but, for all his qualities, he cannot shoot. He's hopeless. When he has played further forward he has been anonymous. Dont give me this "he plays further forward for Holland" nonsense. He has done occassionally and in one game he scores twice. However, he's nearly 29 and he only has 19 caps (and 3 goals). If he was any good going forward, CH and now GP would play him there consistently.

I think there is a lot to this. If GP won't even play him further forward, then he and Chris must realise that's not his suited position. The Burnley game summed him up for me when he came on as sub. He made a lovely mazey run forward, had the chance to either shoot or lay it off either side to players in the box. Instead, he overran it with a heavy touch to a grateful Burnley player. I just wish his end product was there.

Anyway, back to Lallana. I think this is a phenomenal signing, irrespective of how many goals/assists he contributes to next season. Notwithstanding that any footballer isn't worth the ridiculously high wages he commands, BUT that aside he is, for me, metaphorically worth every penny of his wages in terms of the experience he brings to the dressing room and pitch. Some of those younger players like Lamptey and Connolly will have grown up watching him play. He's played for England at a World Cup and been in a Champions League final. He's been managed for the past few years under perhaps the most exciting and universally loved manager to grace England for some time. And most importantly for me, ever since he got promoted with Southampton, his mindset has never been "I need to keep this team in the Premier League". It soon became apparent Southampton were in the PL to stay and then he joined a Liverpool team whose aim every season has been CL at the least, and for the past few years, the title.

He's thus probably the only player that has come to the club in the PL era who won't be satisfied with just beating the drop. For 3 seasons now his mind has been attuned to winning domestic and European titles. If we are to progress to the next stage of mid-table mediocrity, we need somebody who's not even got relegation on his mind.

For those reasons alone, he's worth every penny for me. :albion2:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I remember when Wayne Bridge came to the Albion, his class was a cut above anything else we had and it showed. I expect Lallana to have a similar effect.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Two thumbs up from me for what he potentially brings on and off the pitch.

I'm a fan of quick football and he's a quick footballer so I'm really looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully he'll have a similar effect on us that Fernandes has had at Liverpool. A player who brings something a different dimension to the team and raises every ones game around him.

Of course, he could Benteke it but why worry about that now?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I remember when Wayne Bridge came to the Albion, his class was a cut above anything else we had and it showed. I expect Lallana to have a similar effect.

Indeed, you don't get that many caps for England like Bridge and Lallana have without being excellent players.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What an amazing signing.

Surprised there is even a hint of negativity on here.

I guess some people just can't help themselves and garner attention the only way they know how?

I'd like to address this injury prone label that keeps getting used.

Before the 2018/19 season Lallana missed an average of 3.5 games a season through injury. Pretty normal.

Then he suffered a nasty recurring hamstring injury and missed 32 games of the 2018/19 season.

That season, Liverpool bought 2 world class centre midfielders for a combined £100m fee, Keita and Fabinho.

Since then Lallana has recovered from his one bad injury and his injury record has returned to its previous average.

Liverpool play a 433 system, but now have 7 top class midfielders in their squad.

This is why Lallana hasn't played, because the best player from the Bundesliga and best midfielder from Ligue 1 have moved ahead of him, not because he is injury prone.

Anyone who watched the Liverpool kids beat a full strength Everton, in this season's FA cup on the 5th of January, would have seen what Lallana will bring to Brighton.

That night he was immense and those young players all drew off of his non stop, fully committed, flawless performance.

The reports say we have been tracking him since January. Well my guess is that night was the night that Potter and Ashworth saw what Lallana brings to a young team, how he led and inspired those youngsters and they decided he was the man to go all in for.

If thats a glimpse of what we can look forward to, then it's going to be a fun ride.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Could become the best player we've ever had

You don't play over 30 times for England if you are not a top player.

Look at Dunk , he's quality but has 1 cap.

We simply don't sign players of Lallanas calibre

Think he will click for us and we are in for something very special

Great signing

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a signing.

To paraphrase Bronn, Game of Thrones :

"That's Adam fookin Lallana".

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Let me bring you to the place
Where we need a bit more pace
Brush shoulders with Potter.
Where strangers take you by the hand
And welcome you to wonderland
From beneath their craft beer bars...

Adam Lallana, he was free
Fun in sunshine, there's enough for everyone.
Sign for brighton by the sea
But don't assume, you can suntan!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The words of Darren, my Liverpool-supporting Scouse mate, over here:

"He'll be great for the dressing room, a CL and League winner, like when we got Milner. Can only be good for the team."

Works for me! :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here