Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's still a part of my brain that hasn't quite processed it.

So it's not a loan signing or anything? We've actually bought him and he's actually our player. We have come a long way in the last 10-15 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's still a part of my brain that hasn't quite processed it.

So it's not a loan signing or anything? We've actually bought him and he's actually our player. We have come a long way in the last 10-15 years.

Not quite!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Popped back to page one to see BG is up to 96 thumbs up.for his opening post. Then read the first couple of pages. Most entertaining

My personal favourite so far is post 40

Although that poster did redeem themselves somewhat with post #50

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As I suggested on Twitter but not sure if seen on here, perhaps we should sponsor Adam’s kit in memory of Brian BG? Happy to start things with a tenner?

I know we’ve sponsored kit before just wondered if this was worth considering from NSC folk?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
"Brighton signing Lallana reminds me of Bradford signing Benito Carbone. A high-profile signing by a struggling Prem club which makes no financial sense and will probably be a catalyst for the club’s financial ruin. "

That one is a bit rich. They'd be ****ed if they weren't Liverpool's feeder club.

D

Deleted member 2719

Very happy with this, he has sharp feet and a sharp brain. The young lads will benefit from him.

Great job club, now get him fit to last!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Views from Southampton fans

"I hve to admit part of me wishes it was Saints, but I think we have plenty of attacking options and he will suit Brighton who lack that spark he can give them, but will he be too much of a luxury "

"I think he is a good signing and fit for Brighton and Lallana. I am not that surprised as it brings him back south. I think he will do well for them if he stays fit and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will make the difference when they play us! But, I am not too bothered that he has not come back to Saints though I would not have had a problem if he had. "

"I doubt if we were ever really interested in him and Brighton is probably his level now. "

"Brighton signing Lallana reminds me of Bradford signing Benito Carbone. A high-profile signing by a struggling Prem club which makes no financial sense and will probably be a catalyst for the club’s financial ruin. "

Cheeky ****!

Arcuran

Jul 28, 2020
Hi, sorry for invading your forum, I'm actually a Liverpool fan, but I've loved having Lallana at our club over the last few years, and I really do wish both yourselves and him loads of success, I just hope he can get back to playing regular first team football.

As I'm sure you've all noticed, he is technically brilliant and truly proficient with both feet. The one thing I think most people miss with Lallana is he wears his heart on his sleeve and will run himself to the ground for the cause. It's why our fans adored him, he led the press in Klopps early years, but he is starting to get to the stage where he cant keep it up for 90 minutes every game, so I expect you will see a lot of subbing him off after 70 minutes as he runs out of fuel.

If you want any thoughts of someone that has watched pretty much every minute hes played over the last 5 years (including most of his time in our reserves when he was coming back from injury), I'm happy to give you my thoughts :)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Views from Southampton fans

"I hve to admit part of me wishes it was Saints, but I think we have plenty of attacking options and he will suit Brighton who lack that spark he can give them, but will he be too much of a luxury "

"I think he is a good signing and fit for Brighton and Lallana. I am not that surprised as it brings him back south. I think he will do well for them if he stays fit and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will make the difference when they play us! But, I am not too bothered that he has not come back to Saints though I would not have had a problem if he had. "

"I doubt if we were ever really interested in him and Brighton is probably his level now. "

Never heard of a free transfer crippling a club tbh. On the field and off, this is a great bit of business.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Don't suppose we'll ever know, but there does seem to be a defined wage structure for the players. I wonder if there's also a bonus scheme?
If worried about number of games he would play, there might be appearance targets.

Given a signing-on fee as well, can imagine him not breaking our highest paid player (Maupay? Dunk?) threshold.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah Tony Bloom is the type of reckless individual to heavily gamble the clubs future on big expensive signings

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Never heard of a free transfer crippling a club tbh. On the field and off, this is a great bit of business.

Carbone was a free signing for Bradford City and just under 2 seasons later they were in administration. However Carbone wasn't the sole cause of that, they were appallingly ran and had lots of old players on high wages (Carbone was on apparently 40k a week in 2000 when the average top flight wage was about £11,000 a week), there was zero thought about building a squad with long term potential, there was only ever the short term aim of staying in the Premier League season on season, and when that failed after 2 years they had lots of players who were earning a lot of money without the PL money coming in (and that money was a lot lot less than it is now). Carbone to his credit actually gave up over £3 million in money he was owed to help save the club.

Thankfully we have a owner who knows what he's doing and isn't going to risk the club for one signing. We know Tony is a gambler but he takes calculated risks and plays the percentages. His long term goals will always outweigh short term gains and everything he does is with the long term goal in mind. Most fans of other clubs don't get this, they still see us as little old Brighton playing in an athletics stadium.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Carbone and Di Canio at Wednesday was fun. Some absolute worldies. Remember a Carbone bicycle kick- controlled on chest, keepy up, overhead kick. Dreamy goals.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I love a clueless post, Propper has been excellent for us this season and I’m guessing that’s why the club gave him a new deal. Mooy has also had some outstanding games this season :shrug:

Yes, but not for a while. Meanwhile the midfield has been upgraded.

As for Propper - I don’t see it, and I’m not alone. You do, and you’re not alone.
Even so it’s Beyond me, how you can say he’s been anymore than OK this season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here