Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think bigger picture, and this is incredible business by the club. Imo a master stroke.

What better way to raise the standards and inspire the new generation of young talent coming through our club.

I want to lay this out. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

- Lallana is a top level elite footballer
- he has played for England
- Represented his country at a WC
- decade of experience at top level of the game
- won pretty much every single trophy you can in the game
- played for the European champions, also one of the biggest clubs in the world
- played high pressured games against the best of the best in the Champions league

Then throw into the mix the exceptional references from Liverpool and how important he was behind the scenes to the younger players at Anfield.

What better figurehead and role model could we realistically bring to our club, which would raise our profile (see the reaction in the football world already), and inspire and instil a winning mentality on our younger players.

“But meh we should have signed another Lamptey” - this signing will HELP us get more Lampteys. It shows we are going places.

“Lols he won’t play 30 games a season lols waste of money” - that’s small picture. This ain’t FIFA. See above and think big picture.

I’m reminded of when Man Utd bought Ibrahimovic. A great elite player in his twilight years. What did that to the younger attacking players at that club?

Hats off to Tony, Graham and Dan. Thinking a few moves ahead as usual [emoji482]

This.

Meanwhile, [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is arguing the toss with a market trader about the price of a beetroot that is bigger than an older one, but a bit less firm. FFS.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Playing with better players makes you play better, I’ve seen it all my life in every sport.

This is a shrewd signing.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
To clarify an earlier post.

What was the point of your response?

Because your response both undermined the signing and then you disowned your own critique, strange. If you don't think we should get a player out of the top 6 just say.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Are you actually aware of our squad ages? .You do know we have quite a few players in there late 20's with at least 3 Premier league seasons under their belts.

We do need a wide player most definitely but Lallana was the wrong choice.
Give it a rest, you tedious ****ing prick.

No-one cares about your relentless negativity. I honestly don't know why you bother coming on here.

Perhaps it's because your penis is so small, you can't even find it to knock one out.

Sent from my CMR-AL09 using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You’ll never see him live so won’t be able to give a fair view really - TV highlights don’t give the full picture...

We’re you at the Withdean game towards the end of our title season under Poyet?

Intrigued as to why you ignored this question [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] ? I’m keen to know your Albion supporting history - ie what year to started going to games regularly etc etc? Can you enlighten us please?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Wonderful signing. Credit to TB, PB and Ashworth for putting us into a position where we are able to attract this quality of player. Adam will have a point to prove this season.

Hope he makes a new legend out of the no.14 shirt for us.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm perfectly happy with signings and development of youngsters over the past year to be honest.
Picking up top 6 cast offs for a final hurrah, is a dangerous place to be.

Not saying this is the case here.
Lallana seems a decent sort and I'm sure he'll fit in and add value.

I've been thinking about 'top 6 cast offs', specifically those who played for England, and how they've done when dropping down later in their career. You can't deny that Palace have done well out of Andros Townsend and Gary Cahill. Crouch was excellent for Stoke, as was Defoe for Sunderland.

There aren't too many others like them as most of these players tend to finish their careers at the top clubs or overseas. But there aren't many obvious failures amongst these types of players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=5336]Bones[/MENTION] says a member of his family is an IFA to several of our players.
I hope they sack them for breach of client confidentiality.

He said that about Dunk though, not Lallana.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Thinking of BG up there, I feel chuffed that one of his rumours finally came true!

And signing Lallana is a statement of intent from us, here's hoping that his experience will help improve the young 'uns and push us up the table next season.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Our signings last summer have been excellent.

Lamptey and now Lallana are another step up. It’s noticeable, progressive, and clearly very active behind the scenes. It’s impressive.

And then there is GP.

I’d like to know who the likes of Spence would sign. That vision for the club sounds so much better.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bridge had 2 more caps.

Still think the Bridge and Vicente signings were more WTF?! But a super exciting signing nonetheless.
PS Already loving what he says and how he comes across- going to be a huge off field asset. Molumby, Biss, Alzate, Tross, Connolly etc going to gain so much. The interview on the official site is brilliant. So passionate.
PPS Lallana 14 , new shirt, will be our highest selling shirt of all time. It all adds up.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
116348064_769031477205797_5662297432250458404_n.png

:lolol:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Give it a rest, you tedious ****ing prick.

No-one cares about your relentless negativity. I honestly don't know why you bother coming on here.

Perhaps it's because your penis is so small, you can't even find it to knock one out.

Sent from my CMR-AL09 using Tapatalk

This is harsh. But also fair. I'm sure many will agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here