Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, we've signed players who have previously won things before. But have we ever signed a player from either the actual current European and English Champions before. Can't think of any/many?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lallana has made a total of 54 appearances in all competitions in the last three seasons.
He was a very average “Nice guy” at LFC. Forget the sales blurb, he’s 32 on an estimated 90k(?) a week on a three year contract.
Congratulations to the lads agent, but this is an awful signing for Brighton.
If he had joined a top ten team he would have looked half decent for 10 games a season. We need him to be playing 30 odd games a season at the bottom end of the table.
I just think we would have been far better sifting out some of the younger players who GP could have moulded, much in the way that JK has done.

Fair dos - I am utterly amazed that an Albion fan can genuinely believe that getting Adam Lallana to put pen to paper "..is an awful signing for Brighton", but we're all entitled to our opinion.

I think this is a superb signing, and his value will be as great, if not greater, for what he contributes off the field (and in the dressing room) as on it. Sheffield United have proven this season how important a strong dressing room can be.

This signing, for me, marks a major milestone in the club's development.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I can't say that I am totally over the moon with this one.

Seems a bit of an odd one to me, but I trust that Potter and Ashworth feel it's going to add value to next year's squad, then I'll go along with it.

Undeniably it's a step up from our usual level of signing. But hopefully this is a special case, rather than the start of a trend.

No need to end up all Palacey about it all.

I wouldn't mind a trend of 'a step up from our usual level of signing'!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m not afraid to admit to change my opinion. One of the few here it seems.

It’s actually a sign of intelligence to re-evaluate ones position as new information is considered.

You think once someone has an opinion they should dogmatically adhere to it forever and that’s it? How backward.

That's not what is happening there. What is happening makes social anthropology a worthy subject in this online age. What you did was what all of us do, likely myself included.

I don't think you have changed your mind as much as moved your outlook to another part of the brain.

There are many ways of looking at subject matter. It can be seen in both a positive and negative light. Reserving judgement is difficult when the internet is a vessel of herd mentality.

Folk are looking for positive (or negative where adversaries are concerned) news where a tribal alignment is concerned. If you were a Crystal Palace supporter I suggest your original view would not have shifted by now.

Whenever we see a new signing there is nearly always a positive reception if it is Albion, a negative one if it is, say, Palace again. It's fascinating.

As regards Lallana, I don't know if it is a good or a bad idea. Time will tell. But I'm hoping for the best. I like his attitude. The fact that Albion could attract him in the first place is good news enough. Which, like I said, I'm obviously looking for.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I can't say that I am totally over the moon with this one.

Seems a bit of an odd one to me, but I trust that Potter and Ashworth feel it's going to add value to next year's squad, then I'll go along with it.

Undeniably it's a step up from our usual level of signing. But hopefully this is a special case, rather than the start of a trend.

No need to end up all Palacey about it all.

You are suppose to be falling over yourself about this signing like everybody else on here. You are right though. I won't wet my pants about this or be over the moon as you put it. If Potter sees Lallana as a key signing then you have to back the manager.

I'm sure we will sign more players, some i find more exciting than this one.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, we've signed players who have previously won things before. But have we ever signed a player from either the actual current European and English Champions before. Can't think of any/many?

Jimmy Case

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Look at the reaction from Ben White. I suspect this will inspire all of our young players.

Absolutely agree, haven’t seen the Ben White reaction where is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I wouldn't mind a trend of 'a step up from our usual level of signing'!

I'm perfectly happy with signings and development of youngsters over the past year to be honest.
Picking up top 6 cast offs for a final hurrah, is a dangerous place to be.

Not saying this is the case here.
Lallana seems a decent sort and I'm sure he'll fit in and add value.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So, genuine question, where has this £90k a week come from?!

Thought the same. It will be secret. But you'd guess it would be signing on fee +£xx per week. Maybe sign on divided by 3 years/156 weeks, + weekly wage Somone may think totals 90k, but doubt his actual wage is anything like that?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Frank Stapleton ? So misread your post

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Posted this in the BW thread also, but appears a certain talked about player is happy we’ve signed Lallana.

D06774AA-83F6-439C-9CFD-78FA6EC57B88.jpeg

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm perfectly happy with signings and development of youngsters over the past year to be honest.
Picking up top 6 cast offs for a final hurrah, is a dangerous place to be.

Not saying this is the case here.
Lallana seems a decent sort and I'm sure he'll fit in and add value.

If you're not saying this is the case here then what's the point of saying it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Think bigger picture, and this is incredible business by the club. Imo a master stroke.

What better way to raise the standards and inspire the new generation of young talent coming through our club.

I want to lay this out. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

- Lallana is a top level elite footballer
- he has played for England
- Represented his country at a WC
- decade of experience at top level of the game
- won pretty much every single trophy you can in the game
- played for the European champions, also one of the biggest clubs in the world
- played high pressured games against the best of the best in the Champions league

Then throw into the mix the exceptional references from Liverpool and how important he was behind the scenes to the younger players at Anfield.

What better figurehead and role model could we realistically bring to our club, which would raise our profile (see the reaction in the football world already), and inspire and instil a winning mentality on our younger players.

“But meh we should have signed another Lamptey” - this signing will HELP us get more Lampteys. It shows we are going places.

“Lols he won’t play 30 games a season lols waste of money” - that’s small picture. This ain’t FIFA. See above and think big picture.

I’m reminded of when Man Utd bought Ibrahimovic. A great elite player in his twilight years. What did that to the younger attacking players at that club?

Hats off to Tony, Graham and Dan. Thinking a few moves ahead as usual [emoji482]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are you actually aware of our squad ages? .You do know we have quite a few players in there late 20's with at least 3 Premier league seasons under their belts.

We do need a wide player most definitely but Lallana was the wrong choice.

Looking forward to this getting bounced a fair bit before Christmas

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tell me which player you find more exciting, please. Names. Now!

Or confess to having a poor command of the use of tense in a sentence. Were you.

And that other thing....oh yes, having the first clue about what you're on about. That one. Yes.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You are suppose to be falling over yourself about this signing like everybody else on here. You are right though. I won't wet my pants about this or be over the moon as you put it. If Potter sees Lallana as a key signing then you have to back the manager.

You have to back the manager? YOU!? You who had him taking us down as far back as December!? REALLY!??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here