Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About The Worst BHAFC Game For Ages

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Won't happen without Falmer approval in the bag. We won't keep Bertin either so once again we'll have a lacklustre soft centre inexperienced midfield.

Definitley won't happen rather than has to imo.

But do you think it has too to recapture some fans.

A "big" signing in the summer will at least get some fans back early doors.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
But do you think it has too to recapture some fans.

A "big" signing in the summer will at least get some fans back early doors.

It is so simple and obvious but for 3 years now Dick and his board have stumbled incompetently through the close season. Saviour he might be but he is also blind to what puts bums on seats and i excpect no different this year. There is no way I will consider renewing my lapsed season ticket whilst I am taken for granted like that..

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Fully agree and I reckon the board will recognise that as well.

They've already offered 5 youth team players contracts so there won't be many new faces coming in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
It is so simple and obvious but for 3 years now Dick and his board have stumbled incompetently through the close season. Saviour he might be but he is also blind to what puts bums on seats and i excpect no different this year. There is no way I will consider renewing my lapsed season ticket whilst I am taken for granted like that..

I agree.

You would think a man in pr would understand this.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
They've already offered 5 youth team players contracts so there won't be many new faces coming in.

5 Youth players who will be on minimum wages so it wont make a major difference to the playing budget next season and could be easily offset by releasing Charlie Oatway anyway. The board have seemed happy to back Wilkins since the January transfer window so they must trust his judgement and I believe they will continue to do so in the summer.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Wilko said:
I was just thinking whether you could actually put together a less threatening combination of subs than:

Elder
Loft
Gatting

:nono:
Loft & Gatting I agree with. Don't knock the Elder !!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
. Christ Rochdale haven't gone up or down for over 40 years - how f***ing boring must it be watching them?! [/B]

Er....................know what you mean..........:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I take it you didn,t see their result yesterday.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
I love the way people talk of us being "in a mess." Why? We are comfortably safe in league one with 7 games still to play - what's so bad about that? There were so many faults in McGhee's team that started this season promotion was NEVER a possibility. I'm jus grateful Wilkins has kept us up without a struggle. All the while we don't have the perfect team, especially when the team we do have have nothing to play for, then we will get boring and meaningless games. Get over it. We have been involved at the top or bottom for the last 6 years or so, some teams go through this EVERY season. Christ Rochdale haven't gone up or down for over 40 years - how f***ing boring must it be watching them?! The people who complain about this season, and those who have already decided not to back Wilkins, are frankly pathetic and this is just evidence of the very sad lives they lead. He took over a shambles, he's made the shambles into a dull yet safe unit, and he 100% deserves the chance to offer something more exciting and successful next season.

Oh dear, you have gone and done it now...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I love the way people talk of us being "in a mess." Why? We are comfortably safe in league one with 7 games still to play - what's so bad about that?

By comparison it's grand. McGhee was speaking like a broken man by the first week in September. Wilkins has got the team playing attractive football in spells and brought in some decent and/or entertaining players (Bertin/Bas). But when it's bad it's BAD. Think the younger players are just knackered now. There's a hell of a lot of bruising games to play over the course of a League One season when you're not long out the youth team, and all those poxy Johnston's PissPot games didn't help in that respect. Reckon everybody will be glad to see the back of this season.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Pettitt303 said:
...Whats gone wrong with him?
his touch is suddenly shit...missed from about 8 yards
can pass to save his life

believed all the hype from earlier in the season ...shocking ...how does he keep getting picked?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Tom Hark said:
Really hope that Wilkins didn't leave Jakey on the pitch just so he could score a cheap point over him. Cos Jakey had an absolute STINKER (when he wasn't hiding as his confidence is shot to shit) and there was absolutely no reason to take Bas off instead of Jakey - unless Bas was injured. VERY poor substitution by the manager.

Hate that heart-sinking feeling when the club throw on Slo-Jo Gatting and Doug f***ing Loft as a last resort. Might as well go home at that point. Slo-Jo was only on the pitch for, what, fifteen minutes, and was repeatedly huffing and puffing to get in the scoring end of the pitch FFS. And Loft, as always, should have stayed in costume as Gully.

100% correct !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sorry, the negative spackers/McGhee lovers lured me into this one:(

I haven't written off Wilkins but yesterday's game was abysmal and according to the match report he tore into the players for it.
He should have changed his tactics when he realised that the diamond wasn't working.

Don't you think it nullifies your point of view when you post that people who disagree with you are spackers. Just like Algie who reckons others are cretins.

When you both mature maybe you can have a discussion on the merits or dismerits of the manager's tactics without being so insulting.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
I haven't written off Wilkins but yesterday's game was abysmal and according to the match report he tore into the players for it.
He should have changed his tactics when he realised that the diamond wasn't working.

Don't you think it nullifies your point of view when you post that people who disagree with you are spackers. Just like Algie who reckons others are cretins.

When you both mature maybe you can have a discussion on the merits or dismerits of the manager's tactics without being so insulting.

To quote yout signiture Yorkie ..there was no plan B..!

Robinson is not good enough to play on the front of the diamond and the manager (although lacking adequate resourses) seems unable to see it

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit of perspective needed perhaps.

Yesterday was a completely turgid game, lacking utterly in inspiration or creativity, and with a number of players (Robinson, Cox in particular) whose confidence looks shot to shit. I actually felt sorry for Cox, he was that poor. He needs a spell out of the team more than anyone, I just feel Wendy's been reluctant to do that so far even though Cox has been fairly poor since November, purely because he's our only real creative outlet.

This season was always going to be a bit of an anti climax, but we've probably been spoilt by the events of the last seven or eight years. But think of what fans of Rochdale have to put up with, marooned pointlessly in League Two for years on end, or Stoke, unfailingly mid table in the Championship, with no hope of any change in that status any time soon. And I reckon Brentford and Rotherham would both swap places with us straight away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here