Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I respect your opinion but couldn't disagree more. Mooy breaks up play, whips balls in, has a decent shot can play more positions. I rate Stephens but I just think he's more replaceable.

Must watch a different game to me [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Guess Lallana fills his spot in an attacking sense, and defensive midfield Molumby and White are now added to the squad.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If we made a profit on him then that’s a great deal.
I think we saw the best of Mooy early doors.
The more recent Mooy wouldn’t get in the match day squad.
I hope he makes a few quid as he never let us down and is a good guy.

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We still have

Bissouma
Alzate
Molumby
Stephens
Propper
Gross
Lallana
Mac Allister

All for those 3 midfield spots. Wonder if Molumby will go on loan again?

Can’t see Gross or Stephens getting much game time this season. Good luck to Mooy, looked very good for us at times, some great crosses and drove forward well just lacked that extra pace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The comparisons between Mooy and Stephens/Pröpper and drawing conclusions on Molumby are interesting since Mooy was never competing for the Stephens/Pröpper/Bissouma/Molumby positions.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The comparisons between Mooy and Stephens/Pröpper and drawing conclusions on Molumby are interesting since Mooy was never competing for the Stephens/Pröpper/Bissouma/Molumby positions.

Takes a non-albion fan to see it. You'll have trouble getting many to absorb it.

We're too busy outing leeds fans for being clueless without looking inwards.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Honestly so deluded. Gross and Propper are two of the main reasons we are still a premier league side.

Very true, especially in that frantic first season. They are also two of the main reasons we are still hovering just above the relegation places in the premier league.
The team needs to evolve to improve.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lallana coming in put Mooy probably further down the pecking order for the position he wanted, perhaps he’s gone to GP and asked him to be honest about his opportunities and then the opportunity arose from China, which is probably ideal for all parties, big pay rise, probably profit for us and Mooy gets to move closer to home.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

You are correct in how our club play the others, both Propper and Biss have played the Mooy (between the lines) role before.Stephens and Molumby no comparison at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Indeed.

I wrote a "half season" review for NSC just before New Year when he'd just lashed in that goal against PLB. I said making the signing permanent had to be our first January business.

As soon as I committed that thought to the internet for posterity he went downhill. However, he was never competing for a genuine CM / CDM role but much more in our core of attacking mids. There he has been replaced by Lallana.

So, he's got more money, we'll probably have fleeced Shanghai for the fee (else Tony would have said NO) and we have a better player in that postion. #Winning

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The running joke in our group of 6 who attend was the 2vs4 split on Mooy. I was in the two.........who just DIDN'T get it.

Did I want him to do well? ABSOLUTELY. Was he RUBBISH? Clearly not.

But I just found him SO frustrating to watch. I'm sure a footballing expert will point out why I'm an idiot but I just found he slowed things down and didn't show the bustling energy required (maybe why I'm obsessed with Bissouma playing).

I wish him all the best but it's fair to say I am not exactly devastated.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I liked Mooy. Shame, would have preferred it to be Propper on his way!

What does Propper have to do with Mooy?

It’s like Maupay leaving and me saying, good player but I’d have preferred Bernardo to have left, totally different types of players. Mooy is a luxury type player, and unfortunately we don’t have the quality to carry a luxury player at this point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The running joke in our group of 6 who attend was the 2vs4 split on Mooy. I was in the two.........who just DIDN'T get it.

Did I want him to do well? ABSOLUTELY. Was he RUBBISH? Clearly not.

But I just found him SO frustrating to watch. I'm sure a footballing expert will point out why I'm an idiot but I just found he slowed things down and didn't show the bustling energy required (maybe why I'm obsessed with Bissouma playing).

I wish him all the best but it's fair to say I am not exactly devastated.

Yep, I am very Meh about this but wish him well

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow.

Man, I liked Mooy. Sad to see him go actually.

Without question, he was GREAT until he went permanent, then for whatever he started to look very mediocre.

But. At his best he offered the team more, I feel then many of our other midfielders. He made some good assists, and had a goal in him.

I would easily rather ship out Gross or Davy. But I suspect this is Mooy’s choice.

All the best Aaron, as always I trust GP and Tony.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Put me down as another surprised. I know we have to many players in midfield but I didn't think he'd be the one leaving seeing as we only signed him fully in january.

Hope he does well in China and thanks for the (brief!) memories!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here