Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Mooy showed flashes of brilliance but let’s be honest, after we signed him permanently he was pretty shocking to be honest. Played a part in some key goals for us though. Good luck to him, I can only imagine he’s received a very healthy pay rise.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, I didn't see that one coming, trying to make sense of that to be honest

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
The next best, and better going forward.......... but still in a midfield ruck against the teams with bigger physical lumps in the middle. Stephens is still the best at that part of the game imo

he likes a foul on the edge of the box i give you that! i agree he gets stuck in but i think Biss is far more physical and better at retaining and recovering the ball.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Enjoyed his contributions, especially with the dead ball. He's been a good player and was what we needed at the time.

Sadly can't see him getting any quicker and if this new-look Brighton team is going to be all about pace, it's obvious he was unlikely to be a regular starter.

Good luck in China!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Really think Molumby will have a break out season, and this to me has only been allowed because the coaching staff have seen Molumby in training, alongside the reviews he got last season and his stated ambition to break into the first team.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
A surprise for sure, but not too much of a disaster, did well early on but as others have said poor after signing and it makes sense to cash out if the offer was a good one. As discussed previously we cannot hope to attract good young players if they do not get first team chances and Mooy was blocking a place for others perhaps more fleet of foot.

He will no doubt be getting a good contract his last big one so makes sense for both parties I guess. Good luck Aaron

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Are these Chinese clubs big with their fees too? I know they are wages... wonder if we made money on what we paid Jan?

Shanghai SIPG are the big spenders of the league. Mooy will be added to a squad including other foreign players; Marko Arnautovic (£22.4million), Oscar (£60million), and Odil Ahmedov (£7.5million). Hulk (£45million) has now left to join David Beckham's Inter Miami, leaving a foreign player space open for Mooy to take. I cannot believe that this would not have been a massive profit for us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Room in the squad for another centre back...?

gettyimages-899837398.jpg

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Makes sense, and I’m sure we have made a tidy profit. He’s Aussie, China closer to home and probably on x5 the wages. But quite a surprise.

Excited for Alzate to step up and fill the void. Thanks for your hard work, Aaron.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There was some weird stuff about Mooy.

Signs new contract at Huddersfield then leaves on loan.
Signs for us halfway through the loan period.
Leaves us 8 months later and goes to play Mickey Mouse football in China.

All a bit odd. Personally think it’s a shame. He could provide something no one else in the team could.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mooy showed flashes of brilliance but let’s be honest, after we signed him permanently he was pretty shocking to be honest. Played a part in some key goals for us though. Good luck to him, I can only imagine he’s received a very healthy pay rise.

Yeah, that is kind of how I feel, some real quality moments, but also got caught in possession too much. Good player overall though. good luck to him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here