Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Crikey.

Dale survives another day. What's the take on this from our resident Stephens hating numpties then?

All of a sudden realised they don't play in the same position?

:

Didn't realise dale had a position, It's mostly running around the centre half like a headless chicken.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Alzate is in the Scotland training camp photos playing. May be inexperienced but I really rate him when he's playing, exciting to watch and how is he going to get experienced without playing?

I really rate him too and I take your point about experience what i'm trying to say is it's a lot for a young player to jump straight into the prem without even going out on loan at all.. However, if he has the managers faith and so far he looks the business then i'm all for starting him. It's not just him Molumby is there too so the more I think about it the more the move makes sense..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Presumably there will be a sell on fee for Huddersfield?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
These posts do not go well together if I managed to understand the first one.

Anyway, he is off to China now. No evidence though, just the club confirming it.

Some people could use their logic and common sense to the equation on the likely outcome, others need a stool sample. Turns out logic and common sense was enough this time around.

Leave Harry alone Swannie sometimes he gets well err, confused. But a decent geezer after all is said and done.:smile:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well oil beef hooked. Possibly my favourite player last season so very surprised.

Good luck though, fine player.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What do we think the fee would have been? Had 3 years left on his contract.... £10-15million?

And I think that was exactly the club's thinking when they signed him permanently. Given the earlier interest from Shanghai, maybe they were keen to see how far the Chinese would go. Sign AM on a permanent deal so any transfer fee doesn't go to Huddersfield and have a figure in mind. If Shanghai walk away, that's fine and he stays in the squad, but if they are willing to shell out for him, cash in!

I'm not overly fussed by this move – plenty of strength in depth in midfield, a chance for youngsters to kick on and Aaron Mooy is closer to home, with a big pay cheque for the end of his career. Everyone's a winner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

His performance in the Spurs game was the best I’ve ever seen from an Albion midfielder, sad he couldn’t keep that level up but still this is a shame

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His performance in the Spurs game was the best I’ve ever seen from an Albion midfielder, sad he couldn’t keep that level up but still this is a shame

Agreed, problem is that you can count his good games last season on one hand, we need better from experienced players, he’s not going to get better imo. I’m sure others will follow him out as well.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Put me down as another surprised. I know we have to many players in midfield but I didn't think he'd be the one leaving seeing as we only signed him fully in january.

Hope he does well in China and thanks for the (brief!) memories!

This is why it's hard to predict who the club are really targeting in the strikers role - most people talking about Nunez or Edouard amonst a few others, but wouldn't be at all surprised if the club signs somebody completely out of left field none of us had considered.

We are consitently inconsistent. I haven't got a clue who will be the next in or the next out?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Seen several tweets that suggest an 18 million release clause has been met.

Terrific business if true, I’d even sell him to Leeds for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here