Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It’s not great…..but I’m a romantic and I’m hooked!
Unfortunately it gives me a terrible inferiority complex…..I keep looking at their beautiful white teeth!
The thing that annoys me is some of the girl’s language, Faye? is F*** this, f*** that, she’s worse than the boys!

Women swearing? They'll be wearing trousers and getting jobs next.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The only things 'real' about these sort of women are their lack of intelligence and personality.

And the voices - yes, vocabulary mainly comprising 'Ohmigod", "like", "It was so funny, I literally died laughing" and "knowworramean?" - and each sentence ending with that awful 'vocal fry'.

So depressing that so many women still choose to adopt these illiterate airheads and bimbos as role models. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" "Famous! A glamour model, or a footballer's wife" they shriek :(

I've never watched Love Island, so this is (kind of) a genuine question. Are the men in Love Island ( I assume there are men in Love Island) equally plastic and vacuous? If not, why are they participating in this kind of nonsense?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I've never watched Love Island, so this is (kind of) a genuine question. Are the men in Love Island ( I assume there are men in Love Island) equally plastic and vacuous? If not, why are they participating in this kind of nonsense?

Yes, mostly they are. They're there for their few hours of fame, hoping to boost (or change) their careers - and shag one of the Barbie Dolls!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The other guys lucky Andone is a family man now based on what you read on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just looks like a young man who puts partying before his (stumbling) career. There is talent there, but sadly he looks unlikely to fulfil it, as 'the craic' is currently more important to him. His limited success has gone to his peroxide head.

He's destined for a tumble down the leagues. I'd love him to prove me wrong. I bet he doesn't.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's a Championship level player. Might score 10-20 at that level.

Just can't see him scoring that many ever at PL level.

Rubbish.

Get’s into amazing scoring positions. He’s got speed, strength and footballing intelligence. He is really very very good at sniffing out chances. He buried them all at EPL 2 level but missed sitters that Sunday League players would have converted last season.

Just needs a bit of confidence and form……and to keep out of the front pages obviously. I don’t think he’ll mature into an EPL striker for a couple of seasons though. But he could have 10 seasons at that level getting double figures most years if he sorts his finishing out in the next few seasons.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Rubbish.

Get’s into amazing scoring positions. He’s got speed, strength and footballing intelligence. He is really very very good at sniffing out chances. He buried them all at EPL 2 level but missed sitters that Sunday League players would have converted last season.

Just needs a bit of confidence and form……and to keep out of the front pages obviously. I don’t think he’ll mature into an EPL striker for a couple of seasons though. But he could have 10 seasons at that level getting double figures most years if he sorts his finishing out in the next few seasons.
Hmm currently has two goal a season average. Locadia had better PL stats.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I’m in the camp Connelly is throwing away his career and will be playing in league 2 by the time he’s 25.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Rubbish.

As it stands there's limited evidence to suggest he'll make it at the PL level.

For now my view is on the money.

Time may see your view proven the correct one but until it does he's not a PL standard striker in my eyes.

Should be loaned out to a Championship side to see what he can do at that level.

Not someone we can rely on at all to provide us with much needed scoring power.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rubbish.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it. "Gets into amazing scoring positions" ? "Very very good at sniffing out chances" ? Its the least I'd expect, for a bloke in a team that creates god knows how much XG but never reaps the benefit. The last 2 years he's shown he couldn't finish a rhubarb crumble on a Sunday lunch.

I appreciate he's 21. I appreciate he's learning in the PL. But lets lay it on the table - all his off-pitch bobbins aside, what evidence has he shown that he can actually cut it at this level ?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I agree with Hugo.

Connolly definitely has all the qualities to be a decent PL forward, he just hasn’t been able to perform consistently. Not helped by injuries or missing games for other reasons.

Hope to see a big improvement from him this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here