Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly. He has the 'potential' to be a very good player.

Don't think he'll ever be a Michael Owen off the pitch with zero blemishes.

More of a Rooney.

Hopefully not a Gazza.

All degrees.

It's almost as if everybody is different.

Clearly that'll come as a shock to some.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just watched the video, really not really sure what he's supposed to have done wrong there?

We need to give the guy a break. He's come back for the start of a new season and looked pretty sharp in the two friendlies so far, that's what we should be focusing on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched the video, really not really sure what he's supposed to have done wrong there?

We need to give the guy a break. He's come back for the start of a new season and looked pretty sharp in the two friendlies so far, that's what we should be focusing on.

Not recounting Gregorian chimes on his time away from work.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They are just Twitter rumours so may not be true but I see someone is claiming Connolly had a tantrum at training today so is no longer in the squad tomorrow.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lots of speculation on the original tweet about who, but then a reply saying "you guys are all wrong"

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I doubt he'd get in the side anyway.

With Welbz out, Andone not fit and Tau off, be surprised if he's not in the squad tbh. If not in, this might have some legs - but we know how much media BS is flying around (Kane not turning up for training being a prime example) so could be just b0llocks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big Jurg was told to put his LP's away and get on with the job hes being paid thousands to do.

It was more confusion than tantrum.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I doubt he'd get in the side anyway.

With the injuries we've got, it's not at all unlikely that he might be in the team. Regardless, he'll certainly be in the squad unless the Twatter rumours are true. That is where, when and why we might learn something at around 2:00 pm tomorrow.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The guy seriously is not good enough for the PL. One good game against Spuds and never hit that level since

He could be. In and out of the Brighton team, vilified by the fans (or at least NSC) he will struggle to get back to the level of that fantastic day against Spurs. He won't do it here, no matter how much either
a). Potter keeps putting faith in him, or
b). Sha'n't - I don't want go out on loan!
....a loan is where he needs to go, like it or not; he's being paid to play when and where he's told! I want him back here - as a decent PL striker - this time next year

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not at PL level, he really wasn't. All teams who tried playing him in the PL sooner or later got rid.

It's been said for a while now by many, but if the club weren't sure about this, that loan out to rediscover the form he had in PL2 has now become essential - somewhere at a lower level where he'll score goals for fun and then we can see if he comes back a better player. It should be made very clear to him he's in the last chance saloon though.

Each to his own but IMO AK was a much better player than Connolly in terms of his contribution. Sure he had his weaknesses but he was playing in a poor team and often further back than was good for him. He was at his limit though and thats why he got his red cards.

Looks like Connolly needs someone to take him to one side and give him a good kick up the arse so that he does not waste his talent.

Hope he gets a hattrick later

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
From what appears in public, he seems to be a new Leon Knight; lots of swagger and an over inflated self opinion of his abilities as a striker that do not match reality.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
From what appears in public, he seems to be a new Leon Knight; lots of swagger and an over inflated self opinion of his abilities as a striker that do not match reality.

To b fair Leon Knight was quite prolific for us, I’m not sure Connolly can claim to be that as yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
To b fair Leon Knight was quite prolific for us, I’m not sure Connolly can claim to be that as yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True.

I meant that Leon Knight seemed to act as though he was Premier League quality after coming from Chelsea, but was never that standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here