Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That guy is a unit. Connolly is going to take a serious pasting one day.
Where are the senior players and club staff in all this I wonder? He’s obviously a total hot head and obsessed with this girl, you can’t necessarily blame him for that- he is barely an adult. But you do wonder how this is allowed to repeatedly happen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That guy is a unit. Connolly is going to take a serious pasting one day.
Where are the senior players and club staff in all this I wonder? He’s obviously a total hot head and obsessed with this girl, you can’t necessarily blame him for that- he is barely an adult. But you do wonder how this is allowed to repeatedly happen.

Probably at home sleeping.

Women... aye, the troubles. Aaron in that situation could easily have been me at age 21.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Probably at home sleeping.

Women... aye, the troubles. Aaron in that situation could easily have been me at age 21.

And me. But I wasn’t a highly paid athlete in the most physically demanding part of the season during a pandemic. Im

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Although I was told, in no uncertain terms, by people I looked up too, that I was acting up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And me. But I wasn’t a highly paid athlete in the most physically demanding part of the season during a pandemic.

Me neither. I was a student trying to finish my university course but got a bit distracted with the women, because in addition to being a student, I was also a human.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ok now everyone knows the club in question. I’ve heard he goes there quite a bit.

He’s a dumb kid, of course. But someone does need to have a word, that girl is not worth jeopardising his reputation and career here.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Me neither. I was a student trying to finish my university course but got a bit distracted with the women, because in addition to being a student, I was also a human.

Nope. It’s not a comparison. You were being a normal student. Footballers aren’t students. They’ve chosen a career that absolutely demands sacrifice- especially things like being in shit clubs starting fights in the early hours of the morning.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Aside from NSCers dreaming that they were pulling models at any stage of their life ....

.... What's the worst hellhole in football we could loan Connolly to for punishment?

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Of course he’s a dumb kid. As many of us were.

The problem with this argument is that we don’t see or hear similar hijinks with Lamptey, Alzate, Ben W, Khadra et al.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Aside from NSCers dreaming that they were pulling models at any stage of their life ....

.... What's the worst hellhole in football we could loan Connelly to for punishment?

I think we all know the answer to this

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

.... What's the worst hellhole in football we could loan Connelly to for punishment?

Luton again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nope. It’s not a comparison. You were being a normal student. Footballers aren’t students. They’ve chosen a career that absolutely demands sacrifice- especially things like being in shit clubs starting fights in the early hours of the morning.

The part about being a normal student mattered very little. Even if I was in charge of guarding some red button that could nuke the whole planet, I would have been thinking about the girl I was madly in love with. Because I would still have been a human, much like Aaron Connolly and everyone else regardless of what they work with or how much money they earn.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

Luckily for us we don't have this evil Connelly chap in our squad , he sounds a right Herbert.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Aaron, Aaron, Aaron she just isn't worth jeopardising your career. She may be pretty but having seen her on Love Island, that is all she has going for her. Go find a nice girl that wants you not your money and your 'celeb status'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Aaron, Aaron, Aaron she just isn't worth jeopardising your career. She may be pretty but having seen her on Love Island, that is all she has going for her. Go find a nice girl that wants you not your money and your 'celeb status'.

... are some words of wisedom. Unfortunately its easier said than done. Love is complicated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here