Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was behind his G-Wagon this morning on the way to work. Can confirm he drives like a complete ****. Shock.

Jul 25, 2021
I was behind his G-Wagon this morning on the way to work. Can confirm he drives like a complete ****. Shock.

I actually thought he was driving pretty well. Lovely ability in taking corners along with beautiful steering control and a superb reading of the traffic lights.

The driver behind him on the other hand....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Question.

Name another Brighton player to have been so widely maligned before his 22nd birthday?

Whoever it was must have driven really badly, had a really bad haircut and dress sense and a had a really unpopular girlfriend?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My thoughts are that we've never put one of our young players through this much stick before

Jul 25, 2021
He needs to stop doing things that make him look bad.

He's got a reputation now for flashing his cash, flouncing on social media, allegedly getting in fights in nightclubs, allegedly breaching covid rules by cheating on his girlfriend, and now if the poster above is to be believed, driving like a **** as well.

Some if not all of these would be redeemable if he put in the performances on the pitch...

He's been getting into fights in nightclubs?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I still think there's a good player in there somewhere and hopefully his non football life will calm down a bit and the only reason people talk about Connolly is after he scores yet another better on the pitch .

I see lot's of loan him out posts on this thread , and I understand that thought, but I'd prefer he actually stayed and fought for his spot in the team , and let's be clear here it doesn't look like we have another striker coming in this summer so that leaves us a bit short up front if he does go on loan .

I suppose the buck stops with Potter on Connolly's whereabouts this coming season but personally I hope Potter gives him another go .

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Looked sharp against Rangers - hopefully the club will get his head straight and he'll have an awesome season.
If that's out on loan so be it.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He needs to stop doing things that make him look bad.

He's got a reputation now for flashing his cash, flouncing on social media, allegedly getting in fights in nightclubs, allegedly breaching covid rules by cheating on his girlfriend, and now if the poster above is to be believed, driving like a **** as well.

Some if not all of these would be redeemable if he put in the performances on the pitch...

So basically stuff that lots of successful young kids do? This pathetic witchunt against Connolly is in the main just embarrassing. Young bloke shoots round town giving it the big un because he thinks he's a bit warm? I suggest you go down the beach on a Saturday evening because the town is full of them! He will grow out of it or he won't and he will prove to be a Premier League quality striker or he won't, time will tell on both counts. It's really not necessary for every player we have to be the sort of bloke you'd like your sister to marry. Whether he's a lovely fella or a nob is ultimately irrelevant, is he good enough that is all that matters...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
So basically stuff that lots of successful young kids do? This pathetic witchunt against Connolly is in the main just embarrassing. Young bloke shoots round town giving it the big un because he thinks he's a bit warm? I suggest you go down the beach on a Saturday evening because the town is full of them! He will grow out of it or he won't and he will prove to be a Premier League quality striker or he won't, time will tell on both counts. It's really not necessary for every player we have to be the sort of bloke you'd like your sister to marry. Whether he's a lovely fella or a nob is ultimately irrelevant, is he good enough that is all that matters...

I largely agree, but I do think his performances over the last 12 months largely haven't been good enough. But I don't believe in killing the poor lad by slagging him off at every opportunity. Will he make the grade as a Premier League striker? Perhaps not - but I don't feel a need to slag him off.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I largely agree, but I do think his performances over the last 12 months largely haven't been good enough. But I don't believe in killing the poor lad by slagging him off at every opportunity. Will he make the grade as a Premier League striker? Perhaps not - but I don't feel a need to slag him off.

Not convinced he'll make it either but its a very high standard and not everyone will. If he was a much aggro as some make out GP would've moved him on by now. If he trains well and does what he's asked and it appears from the chances he gets that is the case who cares what he does in his own time?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Looked sharp against Rangers - hopefully the club will get his head straight and he'll have an awesome season.
If that's out on loan so be it.

Behave!

So following your logic and judgement the manger will have watched him and thought he looks sharp, possibly send him out on loan?

He's pants!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
still only 21

Lots of top striker stats show they barely score between age18 - 22

Still plenty of time.

10 goals this season be a great return

I'm still hopefull

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - if his behaviour was really a problem or any worse than anyone else he'd have been shipped off by now. And given we've had some proper dickhead car drivers who have lost their licenses etc (Bong, Knockaert, Bissouma...) in recent years, I am sure some 'bad driving' is not a problem.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

In a nutshell, the only part of Aaron Connolly's life that l'm remotely interested in, is his professional one, what he does on the pitch, i.e. putting the ball in the net on a regular basis. His private life is very much his own concern.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
still only 21

Lots of top striker stats show they barely score between age18 - 22

Still plenty of time.

10 goals this season be a great return

I'm still hopefull

And you have every reason to be hopeful.

The transition from u23 striker to PL regular is very tough and only world class talents navigate it seamlessly. To get goals past PL keepers when you're being marked by PL defenders requires you learn your trade.

We need patience.

Probably a few here need to consider if they were the finished article as a man at age 21 as well

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
At 22, Harry Kane was coming off the bench for Tottenham. While he won't reach Kane levels, he still has a good chance of making it, but that is down to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here