Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
At 22, Harry Kane was coming off the bench for Tottenham. While he won't reach Kane levels, he still has a good chance of making it, but that is down to him.

He has the potential to be a good PL player - and as you say - at this stage it is down to him to put himself in a situation to succeed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So basically stuff that lots of successful young kids do? This pathetic witchunt against Connolly is in the main just embarrassing. Young bloke shoots round town giving it the big un because he thinks he's a bit warm? I suggest you go down the beach on a Saturday evening because the town is full of them! He will grow out of it or he won't and he will prove to be a Premier League quality striker or he won't, time will tell on both counts. It's really not necessary for every player we have to be the sort of bloke you'd like your sister to marry. Whether he's a lovely fella or a nob is ultimately irrelevant, is he good enough that is all that matters...

That argument would be valid if we kept hearing similar stories about our other young players. But we don't.

And actually I disagree with the last bit, if someone is good enough but is a complete **** then I don't them at our club. I don't want success at all costs, personally.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting Connolly is a complete ****. Just that he needs to sort himself out a bit otherwise one of our most exciting young prospects ever is going to end up wasting his potential and banging in the goals for Crawley Town. Which would be a shame.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be clear, I'm not suggesting Connolly is a complete ****. Just that he needs to sort himself out a bit otherwise one of our most exciting young prospects ever is going to end up wasting his potential and banging in the goals for Crawley Town. Which would be a shame.

Shame for us, but a delight for Crawleyites.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Question.

Name another Brighton player to have been so widely maligned before his 22nd birthday?

Errrrrrr - all of them.

You're new - You need to get up to speed a damn sight quicker than this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's been getting into fights in nightclubs?

Not really a fight Connolly missed the other fella.

Come on people - it's right there, staring you in the face for nearly 4 hours.
Will someone put their laces through it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Errrrrrr - all of them.

You're new - You need to get up to speed a damn sight quicker than this.

I believe the rule is that they are all shitehouse. Until they’re not.

Being particularly shitehouse comes with the advantage of being offered a free lift to anywhere in the country.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe the rule is that they are all shitehouse. Until they’re not.

Being particularly shitehouse comes with the advantage of being offered a free lift to anywhere in the country.

Come off it, weren't not even close to being that narrow minded and cynical.

They will only ever be as good as their first 20 minutes in their first game and they will NEVER change beyond that.

A lot more wholesome.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1421494415743459336[/tweet]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Best thing about that video is Connolly’s reaction, professional.

Like I said on the match said, thought he was decent today, tidy finish, looked sharp and in good condition. Fingers crossed he finds his form as forget about a loan, we’re going to need him now with Welbeck’s injury.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If it’s him needs to realise the girls not worth it will ruin his career and everything else. If it’s true she brings one to a club where she knows the other to be just to get a reaction then he’s giving her exactly what she wants which are articles all about her. Aaron doesn’t need them unless there on the back pages after walloping in a few early season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here