Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That’s the problem. If he tucked away some of his missed chances from 4 yards this thread would be a very different story.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That’s the problem. If he tucked away some of his missed chances from 4 yards this thread would be a very different story.
Of course.

If he scored those goals then it shows his lifestyle has minimal impact.

Miss the goals and the suspicion that he has 'too much too young' and doesn't now want to put in the graft raises its red flag.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Of course.

If he scored those goals then it shows his lifestyle has minimal impact.

Miss the goals and the suspicion that he has 'too much too young' and doesn't now want to put in the graft raises its red flag.

Oh I agree. And add to that the Covid issues (among other things) cost Aaron game time. Games where he could have scored and gone on a run. So there is a direct correlation.

Anyway I don’t want to kill the guy. Situation is reset for all players next season as far as I’m concerned. Just hope he doesn’t ruin his career.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Great detective work. Initially I was going to call bullshit so did a search and there are some classic threads about how shite Dunk is, going back a few years.

Doesn't mean that Connolly will become a good player though.

Difference is Dunk has always worn his heart on his sleeve, where AC is more interested in wearing Versace on his...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Other than unquoted, unsubstantiated tabloid toot, how is he behaving?

Someone posted a video allegedly about Connolly and his ex is off to Love Island. Yes he had a covid breach (as did England's great white hope Phil Foden) and I'm in no way condoning that, but the "behaviour" comment is all conclusions being drawn with absolutely no actual facts behind it.

If his attitude is a problem he won't be here next season but, I'll be honest, I don't see him in training or around the club and I have no clue what he actually does in his personal life either so I'm not going to sit here like some beacon of moral integrity telling someone to live their lives differently when I have no clue how they're doing it in the first place.

Absolutely this.

I am not prepared to jump on this young lads back because of what I (haven't) read in the tabloids or seen on social media.

Until I see some substantiated information about what he has been up to I am not buying into the drama and outrage.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Great detective work. Initially I was going to call bullshit so did a search and there are some classic threads about how shite Dunk is, going back a few years.

Doesn't mean that Connolly will become a good player though.

Not sure if it was on here but I distinctly remember people complaining about now club legend Glenn Murray! Didn't work hard enough and couldn't hit a barn door were the accusations.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolutely this.

I am not prepared to jump on this young lads back because of what I (haven't) read in the tabloids or seen on social media.

Until I see some substantiated information about what he has been up to I am not buying into the drama and outrage.

His covid restriction busting tabloid saga was 100% substantiated.

The red flags are flying high.

If he was knocking in the missed chances then it would show his lifestyle choices didn't matter. Unfortunately he is not.

Loan him out urgently. Last chance saloon for him. He has to decide if he wants his career now or if he is happy to coast along banking the pay cheque.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As a player i still really like Connolly, I think he could be great. Come on young man, get yourself sorted out personally and push on, look at your best mate Mr White.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Incredible double standards at work. Sussex cricketer at a similar age posts vile stuff online, but ‘he was only a kid’ yet Aaron gets torn apart, get over yourselves. NSC at its worst.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Might be an age thing, but I find zero attractiveness with her. Bit like Jordan etc... All duck lips, pouting and more interested in how they look than substance between the ears

Agree, must be getting old but she looks like one of Delboy's girls

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sorry, I’m confused. Which one’s on Love Island again? The girlfriend or the dog?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here