Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am so very bored with his tabloid tales and the drama that surrounds him off the pitch.

I'd be happy if he was sold and we took a decent sell on percentage in the deal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Does anyone find this a bit creepy?

44211957-9685123-image-a-303_1623687820534.jpg

She’s been had on those jeans ..I’d be taking them back to the shop

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
[emoji23]Wow. Bit harsh maybe.

Everything about Connolly just screams bellend. The social media profile, the thick on-off love island girlfriend. The constant stories about drinking and being a dick in the town. The stupid clothes. Everything. And what makes it all a million times worse is that he is currently nowhere near good enough to be a Premier League striker.

Yes he’s a young kid, but so are Alzate / White etc, and they just don’t seem to have the same baggage following them around everywhere.

He’s very hard to warm to.

Ah come on fella, you really think Arrons head is in the right place ? do you really think his attitude is 100% ? do you really think he has not been given a fair crack of the whip ? he seems to have lost the plot, all we are saying is all this publicity is not helping and perhaps a loan will sort his confidence out and he can come back fresh and on fire, no one wants to get rid of him because we just don't like him, there are valid concerns and reasons.

I'm 32 and stopped following what people born in 2000 do on Instagram before Instagram was even invented. I dont give a shit about Instagram and I dont give a shit about what the friend of someones friend has to say in some shitty tabloid about what Connolly does on a Friday night. I have no clue what his attitude is and no one else knows either except for those close to him, none of which are here since everyone is a 50+ bald drunk who wouldnt be allowed anywhere near a Brighton dressing room as long as Brighton is a professional football club. No one here knows how he behaves in training or with his team mates. I dont give a shit about his clothes, ex-girlfriend or what his house looks like.

People say they are tired of him being in the tabloids, well easily solution - stop reading the shit. Tabloids is garbage produced by garbage people and consumed by garbage people.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm 32 and stopped following what people born in 2000 do on Instagram before Instagram was even invented. I dont give a shit about Instagram and I dont give a shit about what the friend of someones friend has to say in some shitty tabloid about what Connolly does on a Friday night. I have no clue what his attitude is and no one else knows either except for those close to him, none of which are here since everyone is a 50+ bald fatso who wouldnt be allowed anywhere near a Brighton dressing room as long as Brighton is a professional football club. No one here knows how he behaves in training or with his team mates. I dont give a shit about his clothes, ex-girlfriend or what his house looks like.

Thanks for that, I do care because he plays for a team I supported before him and will to continue too after he has left.
We don't all have the same ethos as you and switch teams willy nilly or follow one person around.

Sometimes you say some very insightful things, and other times like this your a condescending arsewhole.
But that is most people to be fair, me included. :)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Last season was massively frustrating when - apart from a few stand-out results - it just felt like our points total didn't wholly reflect the quality and fluidity of our play. For me, Connolly's off-field choices became a bit of a lightening rod for my frustrations which I accept is more my problem than his.

But I generally like to start a new season with a clean slate for everybody with a squad number so I'm going to draw a line under everything that did or didn't happen last year and hope that Aaron has a successful season with us.

Agreed . . . .IF AC is in the Squad for the start of the new season we have to presume Gpot has had a word and is happy with what he's seen by was of response, on and off the field.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I'm 32 and stopped following what people born in 2000 do on Instagram before Instagram was even invented. I dont give a shit about Instagram and I dont give a shit about what the friend of someones friend has to say in some shitty tabloid about what Connolly does on a Friday night. I have no clue what his attitude is and no one else knows either except for those close to him, none of which are here since everyone is a 50+ bald drunk who wouldnt be allowed anywhere near a Brighton dressing room as long as Brighton is a professional football club. No one here knows how he behaves in training or with his team mates. I dont give a shit about his clothes, ex-girlfriend or what his house looks like.

People say they are tired of him being in the tabloids, well easily solution - stop reading the shit. Tabloids is garbage produced by garbage people and consumed by garbage people.

How very dare you! I'm not bald.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

You don’t live in Brighton, you don’t know people who know him, or have had interactions with him, you don’t see what he does on social media and you don’t read any stories about him. That’s fine. But you’re basically saying you have absolutely no knowledge of the situation, and are telling other people who do have knowledge of it, that they are wrong.

This is Brighton & Hove Albion, it’s not Real Madrid. Our players are not in some impenetrable bubble with access restricted to club employees and select journalists. Our players are accessible, people do know them (they do have friends outside of the team don’t forget) and people do have interactions with them. In fact, just last week a friend of mine asked me if I knew who Aaron Connolly was, as he’d been in the pub she worked in and someone told her he was a footballer. I asked her what he was like, she said a total dick who acted like he was some kind of A list celebrity. Which is fairly similar to most people I know who’ve met him’s opinions.

Again, we don’t see or hear this stuff about our other young kids in the squad. So to say that none of us know anything about him is complete nonsense.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You don’t live in Brighton, you don’t know people who know him, or have had interactions with him, you don’t see what he does on social media and you don’t read any stories about him. That’s fine. But you’re basically saying you have absolutely no knowledge of the situation, and are telling other people who do have knowledge of it, that they are wrong.

This is Brighton & Hove Albion, it’s not Real Madrid. Our players are not in some impenetrable bubble with access restricted to club employees and select journalists. Our players are accessible, people do know them (they do have friends outside of the team don’t forget) and people do have interactions with them. In fact, just last week a friend of mine asked me if I knew who Aaron Connolly was, as he’d been in the pub she worked in and someone told her he was a footballer. I asked her what he was like, she said a total dick who acted like he was some kind of A list celebrity. Which is fairly similar to most people I know who’ve met him’s opinions.

Again, we don’t see or hear this stuff about our other young kids in the squad. So to say that none of us know anything about him is complete nonsense.

You have no knowledge either. You take what people who know or pretend they know him, tabloids and social media updates as truths. Thats the problem.

Good story. Just last week I met someone who had been to Brighton and who told me that Lewis Dunk had thrown kittens into the ocean. Must be the truth and I'll forever judge him harshly for it despite not knowing him or even having met him. Reasonable.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You have no knowledge either. You take what people who know or pretend they know him, tabloids and social media updates as truths. Thats the problem.

Good story. Just last week I met someone who had been to Brighton and who told me that Lewis Dunk had thrown kittens into the ocean. Must be the truth and I'll forever judge him harshly for it despite not knowing him or even having met him. Reasonable.

I’ve never really understood the stick you get on here, I always thought you were a good poster. But that’s just an odd comment. Are you seriously suggesting that nobody in Sussex has any knowledge, experience or dealings with somebody who lives down the road from them? Because they happen to be a footballer? What a bizarre concept.

This isn’t LA, this is Sussex.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You bet we have. My 'favourite' is/was Mickey Thomas.

He was before my time at Brighton. But his name often comes up In these sorts of discussions. The only memory I have of him was scoring that goal against Arsenal for Wrexham. Why was he so unpopular?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have to agree. I'd rather him be a nasty bit of work on the pitch and a decent bloke off it (Ashley Barnes) but this lad is just an embarrassment. Yes, he's only young but we have a load of young players who manage to avoid the pitfalls that come with being a "Premier League ace".

Recently banned from driving (for drink-driving) Ashley Barnes? :moo:

A lot of ageist comments on this thread from people who have probably done worse (or certainly no better) than AC when they were his age. Yes, he's made questionable decisions that he'll probably regret when he's older, but that's part of growing up. And it's pointless comparing him to teamates of the same age because everyone is different and responds to situations in different ways.

As for his girlfriend, clothes or anything else? Who cares? That's up to him...

From a footballing point of view, I do agree that he probably needs a loan – to get a bit of footballing confidence back, if nothing else. Maybe a bit of motivation and/or a shock to the system that you can't take being in a PL squad for granted?

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

Now I feel bad. If I'd known Dunk would end up getting the blame I'd have driven up the road and thrown them in the Ouse.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
He was before my time at Brighton. But his name often comes up In these sorts of discussions. The only memory I have of him was scoring that goal against Arsenal for Wrexham. Why was he so unpopular?

Attitude. He could play a bit and played many games for Wales. Went from Wrexham to Manchester United and came to us via Everton I think. Big time Charlie who displayed an attitude with the way he played, the crowd, the press that he was too good for us. He wasn't. A bit like Locadia, but much, much worse.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Do you have to meet someone before you have an opinion of them?
Bono? Sting? Tim Westwood? Morrisey? I don't know any of them but have formed an opinion about all of them. I could list politicians but it would end in the bear pit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here