Sussex, by the sea
Does anyone find this a bit creepy?

44211957-9685123-image-a-303_1623687820534.jpg

yes, inflatably so.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Have we ever had a player as unlikeable as Connolly before?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Have we ever had a player as unlikeable as Connolly before?

Mickey Thomas...

Although someone needs to get hold of Connolly very quickly and give him a good shake, but as I have said before I think he is sadly too far gone....

The last game of the season and the walk about, certain central figures at the club, kept their distance from Connolly and if I am not mistaken avoiding eye contact or any social interaction with him. I think he would take going out on loan as a slight and demand a move, which is fair enough and he would make a good championship striker if he changed his ethos.

Happy to be proved wrong, as he clearly has talent, just frustrating.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Mickey Thomas...

Although someone needs to get hold of Connolly very quickly and give him a good shake, but as I have said before I think he is sadly too far gone....

The last game of the season and the walk about, certain central figures at the club, kept their distance from Connolly and if I am not mistaken avoiding eye contact or any social interaction with him. I think he would take going out on loan as a slight and demand a move, which is fair enough and he would make a good championship striker if he changed his ethos.

Happy to be proved wrong, as he clearly has talent, just frustrating.

If he is still with us at the start of the season then it is either a seriously big vote of confidence in him by Potter, or a failure by the recruitment team to strengthen where we need to strengthen.

He has to go out on loan, surely? If we suggest sending him on loan and he takes it as a slight and demands a move, then that will answer all the questions that need answering about his attitude. And where’s he going to go for a permanent move anyway? Because it sure as hell won’t be a Premier League club.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What did he do now?

You are pathetic much like a lot of people in this thread. Tabloid brains the whole lot.

[emoji23]Wow. Bit harsh maybe.

Everything about Connolly just screams bellend. The social media profile, the thick on-off love island girlfriend. The constant stories about drinking and being a dick in the town. The stupid clothes. Everything. And what makes it all a million times worse is that he is currently nowhere near good enough to be a Premier League striker.

Yes he’s a young kid, but so are Alzate / White etc, and they just don’t seem to have the same baggage following them around everywhere.

He’s very hard to warm to.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What did he do now?

You are pathetic much like a lot of people in this thread. Tabloid brains the whole lot.

Ah come on fella, you really think Arrons head is in the right place ? do you really think his attitude is 100% ? do you really think he has not been given a fair crack of the whip ? he seems to have lost the plot, all we are saying is all this publicity is not helping and perhaps a loan will sort his confidence out and he can come back fresh and on fire, no one wants to get rid of him because we just don't like him, there are valid concerns and reasons.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Everything about Connolly just screams bellend. The social media profile, the thick on-off love island girlfriend. The constant stories about drinking and being a dick in the town. The stupid clothes. Everything. And what makes it all a million times worse is that he is currently nowhere near good enough to be a Premier League striker.

Yes he’s a young kid, but so are Alzate / White etc, and they just don’t seem to have the same baggage following them around everywhere.

I've heard he makes a lovely cuppa tea though!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

I have to agree. I'd rather him be a nasty bit of work on the pitch and a decent bloke off it (Ashley Barnes) but this lad is just an embarrassment. Yes, he's only young but we have a load of young players who manage to avoid the pitfalls that come with being a "Premier League ace".

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last season was massively frustrating when - apart from a few stand-out results - it just felt like our points total didn't wholly reflect the quality and fluidity of our play. For me, Connolly's off-field choices became a bit of a lightening rod for my frustrations which I accept is more my problem than his.

But I generally like to start a new season with a clean slate for everybody with a squad number so I'm going to draw a line under everything that did or didn't happen last year and hope that Aaron has a successful season with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here