Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last chance saloon up to Scotland on loan don't come back till your sensible
Young man, full of energy and testosterone, maybe not the brightest, bored and frustrated sitting on the bench and pretty much going nowhere fast for the last year ....... misbehaves (allegedly) - quelle surprise.
What I really do think, more than ever, is that now he must go out on loan. The level almost doesn't matter - oi he goes out and plays 40 games and scores 20-25 goals, the 22-23 season back here wcould be a very different story to this last one. Newport and Rochdale have been good hosts for our youngsters in the past ...............

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Young man, full of energy and testosterone, maybe not the brightest, bored and frustrated sitting on the bench and pretty much going nowhere fast for the last year ....... misbehaves (allegedly) - quelle surprise.
What I really do think, more than ever, is that now he must go out on loan. The level almost doesn't matter - oi he goes out and plays 40 games and scores 20-25 goals, the 22-23 season back here wcould be a very different story to this last one. Newport and Rochdale have been good hosts for our youngsters in the past ...............

Hibernian seems like a total no brainer at this juncture.

Jez0808

May 19, 2021
Keep hearing about what a clown he is down the bars in the seafront and around town and he is a premier league player he is letting us down and the club and a sub but are they mates UTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He’s dickhead plain and simple, do you see Lamptey acting like a bellend ? No because he’s a sensible young man, stop making excuses for Connolly’s behaviour (some of you).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Some players work their way to the top, players like Vardy.

Some players (like Toney) slip their way down but then work their way back to the top.

Other players loan their way from the Premier League down to League Two or below.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-vaughan/profil/spieler/30471

Taking for granted an opportunity that a Premier League club gives you could be a catastrophic mistake in any young player’s career.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He’s a bit of an idiot...

God knows what I’d been like with his wealth at that age though...

I think I would have Top Trumped him, in many departments but never ever been rude or threatening to women.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lots of fifty plussers here interpreting some stranger teenage girls instagram videos as absolute truths so that they can keep up their schoolyard bully behaviour.

Not surprised quite a lot of you guys are completely alien to the idea that some people develop psychologically and become more mature as they get older.

theboybilly

Lots of fifty plussers here interpreting some stranger teenage girls instagram videos as absolute truths so that they can keep up their schoolyard bully behaviour.

Not surprised quite a lot of you guys are completely alien to the idea that some people develop psychologically and become more mature as they get older.

If you can't mature when in the company of the likes of Potter, Bruno, Lallana etc most days then you are going to struggle in life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sadly I felt he was a bit of a big-time-charlie prick when he waltzed out on the pitch with that ridiculous barnet. Nothing I have seen or heard of him has since disproved this opinion. I appreciate I am a middle-aged man and that may colour my opinion, but I've been privileged enough to witness the likes of BZ carve out a magnificent career from humble beginnings, so I have scant patience or regard for a bloke who rivals the BETM in terms of gravity control, and seems adept at grabbing off-field headlines.

Prove me wrong, or f*ck off to Wycombe.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Regardless of the validity of the video & accusations it's clear that Connolly is a magnet for trouble. He shouldn't be putting himself in these situations in the first place.

If you want to earn thousands of pounds a week & be a top Premier League/international footballer then you can't behave in this manner or surround yourself with people prone to trouble.

He comes across as a big time charlie yob incapable of understanding that his every move is likely being watched or documented by someone. Shame he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Needs to knuckle down & grow up if he wants to make it to the top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If the club get to the bottom of this and they find the accusations are true, they really need to have a proper fork-in-the-road chat. More than what they’ve done so far.

He definitely needs to go out in loan next year. Get himself some goals and his confidence back up a little bit.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I keep asking myself how a club with a no dickhead policy has ended up with Conor MacSweeney from The Young Offenders

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lots of fifty plussers here interpreting some stranger teenage girls instagram videos as absolute truths.

Quite a few inconsistencies in that video. For example, someone can be heard saying “he’s a Premier League footballer”. Who believes this shit?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite possible the video isn’t a reliable recollection of events, but there are already far too many incidents - whether alleged, rumoured or actual - involving Connolly. If you’re going to behave like George Best, you better stop playing like Leon Best otherwise you’re not going to get away with it.

Pivotal time coming up for young Aaron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here