Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
For a number of reasons, including the fact the club don't promote the u23s/u18s as much as they could, there's some serious cognitive bias when it comes to some of our younger players in the first team squad. This isn't a personal attack on Connolly, at all, but there seems to be a real reluctance to accept that many, most even, players that come through our youth system won't make it here. Even at 21, 22 players who've got a decent amount of games leave Prem clubs in their droves. Just look at that kid we got on loan up front from Man U a few years ago (Wilson?) or the abundance of players who leave the likes of UTD and Liverpool in their early twenties who go on to have really decent careers at lower league (and lower Prem) clubs. It's not a disgrace on those players but it is an absolutely essential part of growing an improving and cohesive squad.
I'm almost certain Potter etc are having a very serious think about Connolly and probably Alzate too and wondering where they really fit in in our long term plans.
Id love both of them to be a success here but that is the reality. Players come and players go.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Well I suppose it is just an allegation and hasn't been tested in court so we have to presume innocence.

The alleged narrative reinforces my opinion of him though.

Time to get rid.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Time to get rid of him unfortunately a leopard will never change it spots

The ego needs sacking

Needs more evidence to find him guilty, hang him with no chance of an appeal.
A drunk girl upset by a premier League footballer who wants lots of views.
What's the other side of the story?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Oh Aaron. They’re not worth it mate.

You have an incredible career ahead of you. Such an opportunity. There’ll be plenty of time for women later if you don’t want to settle down yet.

To be honest I’m not entirely sure what’s happened here. But it sounds like he’s got some dumbass friends egging him on. There are two sides to every story. Absolutely. But like the Maguire episode, don’t put yourself in these situations. It is difficult as he is a young man, but this is the life of professional athletes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is a situation with no doubt plenty of drink and possibly drugs so almost no one's story is going to be fully reliable, but I have to admit I'm finding it increasingly hard to keep convincing myself Connolly isn't at least a BIT of a ****.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Send on loan for a season - we should be doing this anyway - tell him to sort his shit out and we will asses at the end of next season. Give him help and support if he needs it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Potter: "There's always two-sides, Aaron. So what exactly did your friends say to the young lady?"
Connolly: "They told her that I was a Premier League footballer, boss."
Potter: "Premier League? That's the bit I wanted to chat to you about...."

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Um. I don’t think you’re going to get an “official story”.

‘And now here is Paul Barber on Albion TV to discuss what happened after Aaron’s attempt to chat up a bird in a kebab bar’…

:lolol: Now that I would watch.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Potter: "There's always two-sides, Aaron. So what exactly did your friends say to the young lady?"
Connolly: "They told her that I was a Premier League footballer, boss."
Potter: "Premier League? That's the bit I wanted to chat to you about...."

(Potter turns to camera and sucks in air).

“Nooo.

Well. We’ll learn from this…”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here