Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 closed at Pyecombe both ways

Albion Rob

London Irish said:
People on this website can really be absolutely vile and hurtful. Using this accident to have a go at me must be about the pits of my experience of using NSC.

I don't really want to get drawn into this, and particularly not on this thread but I don't see how people were 'using this accident' to 'have a pop' at you.

I may be giving members on here far too much credit but I'd like to think someone on here would have passed comment had ANYBODY claimed they had driven at 100mph through the scene of a fatal accident.

It seems that sometimes you do get picked on on here but I really do think you should just concede on this one and move on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Rob said:
I

I may be giving members on here far too much credit but I'd like to think someone on here would have passed comment had ANYBODY claimed they had driven at 100mph through the scene of a fatal accident.

Which is why I said what I did (though before I knew the incident had claimed a life in which case i would have kept schtum).

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
goldstone said:
The police always make things worse in these situations. No thought for the frustration caused to other drivers.

Once the accident has happened it has happened. Get it cleared off the road quickly and reopen the road. Max should be a couple of hours. No excuse for anything longer.

The police just enjoy poncing around in their uniforms and screwing up everyone else's day.

Actually I cant help feeling the same thing. This would never happen in somewhere like Germany or France. The road would be open pronto with minimum poncing about.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
goldstone said:
The police always make things worse in these situations. No thought for the frustration caused to other drivers.

Once the accident has happened it has happened. Get it cleared off the road quickly and reopen the road. Max should be a couple of hours. No excuse for anything longer.

The police just enjoy poncing around in their uniforms and screwing up everyone else's day.

It is not just a case of clearing up the debris etc. it is about trying to comprehend what has happened, measuring skid marks, making sure every witness has been questioned fully, and making sure the road is safe to use again (crash barrirers etc.)

It is a small price to pay, getting a little frustrated sitting in a traffic jam for the family to get some answers as to why their relative died.

You might not like the police, despite these stories undermiming their jobs (usuallu tabloids) they do an excellent job.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BarrelofFun said:
It is not just a case of clearing up the debris etc. it is about trying to comprehend what has happened, measuring skid marks, making sure every witness has been questioned fully, and making sure the road is safe to use again (crash barrirers etc.)

It is a small price to pay, getting a little frustrated sitting in a traffic jam for the family to get some answers as to why their relative died.

You might not like the police, despite these stories undermiming their jobs (usuallu tabloids) they do an excellent job.

Its not about whether the police are doing an excellent job. They do. But as someone said if it was a wet and windy day it would have been cleared in 45 mins.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Its not about whether the police are doing an excellent job. They do. But as someone said if it was a wet and windy day it would have been cleared in 45 mins.

They have to go through the full procedure to make sure all evidence is collected. I doubt very much that they would have cleared the road and collected evidence and interviewed everyone in that time, in adverse weather conditions. It may take even longer.

Albion Rob

I can't imagine that the middle of the A23 on a sweaty Thursday with blood on the carriageway, the stink of car fumes lingering and sweltering in those dayglo jackets is really where they want to be.

Surely on a sunny day like yesterday they'd rather have been eating doughnuts in Sainsbury's carpark staring at the yummy mummies.

Think you're being a bit hard on them, Tony.

Albion Rob said:
I don't really want to get drawn into this, and particularly not on this thread but I don't see how people were 'using this accident' to 'have a pop' at you.

It seems that sometimes you do get picked on on here but I really do think you should just concede on this one and move on.

My comment was a self-depreciating throwaway remark criticising myself, anyone with an ounce of common sense rather than an axe to grind could see that.

You and Chapmans the Saviour twisting my words to imply that I was making light of, or fun of, a situation where I personally saw people killed and maimed in a car crash yesterday, is utterly disgusting and vile.

Maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I think it's just about the most spiteful and hurtful thing that I can recall being directed at me and words cannot express my anger that you would do this.

It just shows there is a group of people on here who will say anything, no matter how offensive and hurtful, regardless of the effect or consequences.

I do get picked on a bit for my politics and for my support for the manager but I can cope with that, I like to think I don't have a thin skin.

But this kind of stuff, I cannot cope with. Keep it up and you will drive me off this site - if that's what you want, keep twisting the knife.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair LI that comment is the sort of thing we would put on NSP!!!

You leftie MM lover you ;)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
LI and all, I thought we decided this thread was not going to be an all out war on who insulted who. The important issue in hand is that someone was killed, which is very sad indeed.

I am trying to spread a little love about. :love:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Albion Rob said:
I can't imagine that the middle of the A23 on a sweaty Thursday with blood on the carriageway, the stink of car fumes lingering and sweltering in those dayglo jackets is really where they want to be.

Surely on a sunny day like yesterday they'd rather have been eating doughnuts in Sainsbury's carpark staring at the yummy mummies.

Think you're being a bit hard on them, Tony.

Ok point taken. But I stand by the fact that in Germany or France it would have been investigated, cleaned up etc rather quicker than us Brits manage.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
goldstone said:

Of course if it was your son/daughter killed you wouldnt want to know what happen/who was to blame.

I cant believe the :tosser: on here moaning as they were delayed a couple of hours. You are dead a long time dickheads

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
My comment was a self-depreciating throwaway remark criticising myself, anyone with an ounce of common sense rather than an axe to grind could see that.

You and Chapmans the Saviour twisting my words to imply that I was making light of, or fun of, a situation where I personally saw people killed and maimed in a car crash yesterday, is utterly disgusting and vile.

Maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I think it's just about the most spiteful and hurtful thing that I can recall being directed at me and words cannot express my anger that you would do this.

It just shows there is a group of people on here who will say anything, no matter how offensive and hurtful, regardless of the effect or consequences.

I do get picked on a bit for my politics and for my support for the manager but I can cope with that, I like to think I don't have a thin skin.

But this kind of stuff, I cannot cope with. Keep it up and you will drive me off this site - if that's what you want, keep twisting the knife.

I can see where you are coming from with the comment for the joke but I think it was more in the delivery than what you said. The trouble is on a message board the nounces of how things are said is obviously missed. I think you maybe need to get over yourself a little LI, if you know what you meant then why get so pissed off. And that last statement is a lovely attempt to play the victim.

Perhaps if you said sorry and explained in the first place what you meant it wouldn't have got to this stage. I also seem to remember you having a pop at me from nowhere about Yorkie leaving the board because of a general joke I made that was universally thought to be harmless, its horses for courses, some will take offence and others will see it as a joke.

BarrelofFun said:
LI and all, I thought we decided this thread was not going to be an all out war on who insulted who. The important issue in hand is that someone was killed, which is very sad indeed.

I am trying to spread a little love about. :love:

I appreciate that and good for you. But with respect, you are not the one who has been called "a dick" by a bullying little clique of tossers just because I witnessed someone die in a car crash yesterday.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
I appreciate that and good for you. But with respect, you are not the one who has been called "a dick" by a bullying little clique of tossers just because I witnessed someone die in a car crash yesterday.

O you should be so hurt! :lolol: Its the INTERNET hardly as if they're your best mates insulting you! GET OVER IT!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear is this still going on :down:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:

I take it thats the first time you've witnessed something like that then?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
LI:lolol: :lolol: Stop your grizzling. You give all and sundry shit but it turns out you have a sensitive disposition for abuse that you claim you are not deservide of. It wasn't that bad bitch, grow some balls, tell them what you really meant and that their mearely mouthed bullshit doesn't bother you because you know what you meant. You're a callous, uncaring bastard, deal with it!

Last edited:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Just to silence those slagging off the old bill, I believe that the delay in re-opening the road was due to the road maintenance people having to attend to repair the central reservation barriers.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sonic said:
Just to silence those slagging off the old bill, I believe that the delay in re-opening the road was due to the road maintenance people having to attend to repair the central reservation barriers.

What has that got to do with having an over the top rip at LI and providing him with spurious material for him to play the victim?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here