Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 closed at Pyecombe both ways

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
people coming into work tonight constantly asking the best route to avoid the a23

seems pretty bad, as london road in burgess hill was pretty much at a standstill when i went out at 6

Awful :(

London Irish said:
That was a joke you xxxx

:glare:

JailCard.jpg

Safeway said:
Frankly, turning this thread into petty jibes against me says more about you fella than it does me. Pack it in.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I don't understand why people speed on the A23 around Handcross and the Gatwick area.There's an unmarked silver Evolution(W reg)police car who are often catching speeding drivers.I saw them again nicking a speeding motorist. this afternoon.This car operates early morning and evening.This wasn't directed at you L1 as i know you were only joking.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Steady on boys and girls (Safeway)

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Okay but not the greatest taste in the world (even if you didn't know the extent of this).

And it's REAL tasteful to turn this thread into a bitchfest isn't it you f***ing hypocritical xxxx.

London Irish said:
Frankly, turning this thread into petty jibes against me says more about you fella than it does me. Pack it in.

Fair enough, 'fella'. I'll stop the petty jibes and just stick to calling people xxxxx. :shootself

Re the accident, just had the report on Meridian. Looked really nasty but apparently could have been a whole lot worse so we're to be thankful for small mercies I guess.

Safeway said:
Fair enough, 'fella'. I'll stop the petty jibes and just stick to calling people xxxxx. :shootself

Re the accident, just had the report on Meridian. Looked really nasty but apparently could have been a whole lot worse so we're to be thankful for small mercies I guess.

Yes, that was my first thought when I saw the crash earlier today, if the bus had gone into the opposite carraigeway and struck an oncoming car, everyone would probably have bought it.

I now realise I saw someone die today at this accident. To have someone come on here and call me a dick for that, you can understand how I might be a bit f***ing sensitive.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Yes, that was my first thought when I saw the crash earlier today, if the bus had gone into the opposite carraigeway and struck an oncoming car, everyone would probably have bought it.

I now realise I saw someone die today at this accident. To have someone come on here and call me a dick for that, you can understand how I might be a bit f***ing sensitive.

I didn't call you a dick for that.

Let's drop it eh.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I didn't call you a dick for that.

Let's drop it eh.

Yeah, let's. If you hadn't been looking to make just a routine "gotcha" pop at me, you might have realised that I made that remark as a self-criticism of myself that I generally drive too fast on that stretch of road, which is the kind of natural, self-questioning reaction people have when they see a bad accident.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Man dies after minibus overturns

A man in his 30s died and three people were seriously injured in a minibus crash in West Sussex.
Fifteen special needs passengers and their carers were on board when the vehicle, returning from a day trip to Brighton, overturned on the A23.

The minibus was hired by a Bangladeshi group from Tower Hamlets in London through a community transport charity. Sussex Ambulance Service said 11 others suffered minor injuries in the crash near Pyecombe on Thursday afternoon. Four people were seriously injured and taken to hospital after the crash, but police said later that one man had died.

Eyewitness John Day told the BBC he was travelling southbound on the dual carriageway A23 when he saw the minibus on its side on the central reservation. The vehicle had been going northbound back to London when it overturned. "I pulled up and got out of my car and helped to carry some of the injured people out of the vehicle," Mr Day said. "One person had very bad injuries to their arm and a lady had a broken ankle."

Ten ambulances attended the incident along with 11 medical response cars and a police helicopter at about 1540 BST. Four of the ambulances were diverted for rapid response from the South of England Show being staged at Ardingly, to the north of the crash scene.

One person was flown to the East Surrey Hospital in Redhill. Six people with minor injuries were taken to the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath. Five other "walking wounded" were taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton along with the other three people who had more serious injuries.

Simon Rouse, project co-ordinator for Tower Hamlets Community Transport, said the vehicle involved was a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 16-seater. He said the accident had left him in "complete shock" and nothing like it had happened before with one of the charity's vehicles.

The A23 between Pyecombe and Hickstead was closed to traffic in both directions. Police said the road closure had led to "serious congestion" throughout mid-Sussex and warned motorists to expect severe delays.

Albion Rob

London Irish said:
Yeah, let's. If you hadn't been looking to make just a routine "gotcha" pop at me, you might have realised that I made that remark as a self-criticism of myself that I generally drive too fast on that stretch of road, which is the kind of natural, self-questioning reaction people have when they see a bad accident.

Can I just say you're absolutely unbelieveable. You got pulled up by people on here, whatever their motives, for claiming you had gone through the scene of a fatal accident at 30 miles per hour above the speed limit, then claimed it was a joke. Then you got pulled up on that and began claiming a witch hunt against you.

I don't know who you are or what your motives are here but please show a bit of humility on this one.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
For most of the way home yesterday evening I had a great run. Got from Surbiton to Cuckfield in about 45 minutes. It then took me another hour to get from Cuckfield to Burgess Hill. Nothing to be done about it though and no point getting angry or annoyed when you consider those involved. RIP the victim, and best wishes to those recovering.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Getting out of Haywards Heath was fun and games at 5.30 yesterday, specially with the additional traffic for the South of England show. Ended up getting home via Cowfold, Henfield, Steyning, Shoreham, an hour and 3/4. Not too bad, nice country drive actually. Decided to come up to work that way this morning as well, being as the A27/A23 was still stuffed.

The driver of that minibus has been arrested.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here