Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 closed at Pyecombe both ways

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
sir danny cullip said:
:ohmy: Drink driving? Death by dangerous driving? Or dont you know?
Dunno. They just said on the late Meridien news last night that he'd been arrested and was being questioned. Expect we'll know more later today.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Probably just routine to question the driver after a fatal smash.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was on the bus at 6.40 from Henfield and the A23 Northbound was getting full up. I think its down to one lane.

Southbound seemed to be ok....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Its seems theres at least one fatality and nasty crash up the A23 every year, more often than not it seems to be totally un provoked, ie driver error, or mechanical failure

remember the kids that died in Dads BMW . . . .what ever happened at the enquiry about that ?

MInibuses aren't safe enough for Motorway speed IMO fully loaded with peeps :nono:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
is the a23 now fully open or is congestion likely again today?

Albion Rob

zefarelly said:
Its seems theres at least one fatality and nasty crash up the A23 every year, more often than not it seems to be totally un provoked, ie driver error, or mechanical failure

remember the kids that died in Dads BMW . . . .what ever happened at the enquiry about that ?

MInibuses aren't safe enough for Motorway speed IMO fully loaded with peeps :nono:

I think the basis of it was that the driver was going around 110mph and they found traces of cannabis in his body - although I believe there was no conclusive evidence he was stoned.

His family were a credit to themselves and backed anti-drug driving groups and basically offered an apology to the families of all those involved, which must have taken some guts. Fair play to them.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the canabis traces are largely irrellevant, assuming he wasn;t actually stoned at the time ( totally in my opinion, if its proven it was the previous day or week or whatever)

but doing 110 in a full minibus is hideously irresponsible, he should be banned from driving indefinitely if thats a fact

Last edited:

Albion Rob

zefarelly said:
the canabis traces are largely irrellevant, assuming he wasn;t actually stoned at the time ( totally in my opinion, if its proven it was the previous day or week or whatever)

but doing 110 in a full minibus is hideously irresponsible, he should be banned from driving indefinitely if thats a fact

Meant the BMW/kids incident, not the minibus crash.

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear in my post.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Albion Rob said:
Meant the BMW/kids incident, not the minibus crash.

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear in my post.

ah . .well the same still applies really, if he'd had a smoke the day before I don't see that as any worse than having had a few beers the night before ( canabis is detectable long after the effect has cleared you ) but 110 with an overloeaded car and little more than a years driving experience is asking for trouble

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
zefarelly said:
ah . .well the same still applies really, if he'd had a smoke the day before I don't see that as any worse than having had a few beers the night before ( canabis is detectable long after the effect has cleared you ) but 110 with an overloeaded car and little more than a years driving experience is asking for trouble

wasn't the car running remoulds as well ?

Louisjpbacon

Oct 12, 2004
Southampton
Scotty M said:
is the a23 now fully open or is congestion likely again today?

nope pretty bad congestion this morning. i have a question to all, why did they close the lane 3 miles back before the accident, so there is 3 miles of clear road that has been coned off !!! :censored:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Louisjpbacon said:
nope pretty bad congestion this morning. i have a question to all, why did they close the lane 3 miles back before the accident, so there is 3 miles of clear road that has been coned off !!! :censored:

To help them work out what happened?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Louisjpbacon said:

as that was the easiest diversion to make?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Louisjpbacon said:

The police always make things worse in these situations. No thought for the frustration caused to other drivers.

Once the accident has happened it has happened. Get it cleared off the road quickly and reopen the road. Max should be a couple of hours. No excuse for anything longer.

The police just enjoy poncing around in their uniforms and screwing up everyone else's day.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well they do need to seize the opportunity to gain as much information as possible. Its the only one they get

but you know for a fact if it was cold, windy and raining they'd have finished and swept up in about 45 minutes flat

Albion Rob said:
Can I just say you're absolutely unbelieveable. You got pulled up by people on here, whatever their motives, for claiming you had gone through the scene of a fatal accident at 30 miles per hour above the speed limit, then claimed it was a joke. Then you got pulled up on that and began claiming a witch hunt against you.

I don't know who you are or what your motives are here but please show a bit of humility on this one.
People on this website can really be absolutely vile and hurtful. Using this accident to have a go at me must be about the pits of my experience of using NSC.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Nice to see a thread with a little over reaction. Lets be honest chaps the joke was in poor taste but it wasn't that horrendous. Then you have LI acting like some persecuted martyr, you made a pretty nasty joke, why act like everyone else is in the wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here