Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A message from Tommy Fraiser...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
But so many on here act and write as if they don't. You wouldn't treat your worst enemies the way some people on here treat some of our own players. Never understood it myself. If they wear the stripes, I'll back them all the way. I always thought that was what a fan did.

I agree completely. I think it speaks volumes about the criticisers and their own evident inadequacies than it does about the criticised.

So who did you have in mind with this comment? C'mon, name and shame. :flameboun

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I was suprised he was released and wonder if he would have been offered a contract if it had not been for the very frank radio interview he gave just after the stockport game,he said pretty much all that went wrong during last season up until slade took over and perhaps put a few noses out of joint and payed the ultimate price.

I would like to think that this was not the case but stranger things have happened,its a shame because i think he was getting better game by game,i hope he finds a good club.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Championship club.... hmmmmmm unlikely. I reckon he is bullshitting.

Would be surprised if he got a league club to be honest.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Shows more about the arrogance of the man if he thinks someone should have warned him he might be released. Shame he reads Nsc though, i think he's shit but i don't want him to know about it. Can't believe you think he was being serious about palace jenkins.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; you sir are a f***ing twat.

Now, before you go crying to your mum or start calling me a keyboard warrior realise this - me abusing you like that is no different (apart from being accurate) to what you constantly do to our players who have a talent you can only dream of. And please don't take this as a threat of violence, I'm not a violent person, but I would be more than happy to say the above to your face in person. You really do make me sick.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
He will be laughing at all of us when/ if he signs for palace championship football will be better for him and his bank balance.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Fraser in my eyes is not good enough to play 20 - 30 games in a league 1 side, let alone play in the Championship. He goes missing to much in the game for him to be a centre midfielder at any real level.

However if he does go to Palarse then good luck to him, but I highly doubt it

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I am not going to slag Tommy off. I for one appreciated his hard work and love for the Albion. However he was and is not the most gift of footballers IMO, he was let go because RS thinks he can find better players to take us to the top end of L1. I would imagine he could get himself a L1 or L2 club but would be pretty shocked if Palarse went for him. Thanks Tommy and good luck.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
interesting that he expected to be offered a contract, it came as a shock that he didnt, and there was another thread on here last night stating that he had been released due to the fact that slade is trying eradicate a drinking culture among the players - and this information about him going to palace was obtained in a club

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People who say that NSC has no effect on the players/management are clearly wrong and here's some apparent evidence. Of course it has an effect - it affects those that read it.

Something I'll try to remember next season.

I've been insulted on here. Doesn't stop me doing my job properly.

These guys are supposed to be professionals. If they take what is said by people hiding behind anonymity to heart and allow it to affect their performances, then they are fools.

If they are reading this "don't give the stuff on here a second thought, just do your job".

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

These guys are supposed to be professionals. If they take what is said by people hiding behind anonymity to heart and allow it to affect their performances, then they are fools.

If they are reading this "don't give the stuff on here a second thought, just do your job".

Wow, I bet they feel a whole lot better about it now. People on here get insulted for constantly talking shit. Unless your job is talking shit then why would that stop you doing your job properly? That argument makes no sense at all. Players like everyone else are humans and are not all the same. Some will take what they hear/read to heart whilst others won't give a toss. To say they're fools is to write off anyone with a sensitive disposition as a fool. Absolute rubbish.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Shows more about the arrogance of the man if he thinks someone should have warned him he might be released. Shame he reads Nsc though, i think he's shit but i don't want him to know about it. Can't believe you think he was being serious about palace jenkins.

f*** off WW Jump in a hole and bury yourself, players like Fraser Have more ability in the little toe then you do in your whole twaty self :salute:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wow, I bet they feel a whole lot better about it now. People on here get insulted for constantly talking shit. Unless your job is talking shit then why would that stop you doing your job properly? That argument makes no sense at all. Players like everyone else are humans and are not all the same. Some will take what they hear/read to heart whilst others won't give a toss. To say they're fools is to write off anyone with a sensitive disposition as a fool. Absolute rubbish.

Yeah, on the scale of insults "fool" is right up there. And if being called a fool is going to upset them they shouldn't be on the football pitch, because a) the fans (either rival or unhappy supporters) will say worse things, b) other players, in an attempt to unsettle them (what I believe they call sledging in cricket), will use much worse.

People get shit on here for having different opinions, for not going along with the masses. I've got shit on here for defending someone's right to ask about the progress of the stadium, and for not joining in the police hate on the protest thread. Basically, I've been given shit for having an opinion, not for posting rubbish.

Players like everyone else are humans and are not all the same.

That's right. And I would say anyone who takes insults on here personally are foolish.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yeah, on the scale of insults "fool" is right up there. And if being called a fool is going to upset them they shouldn't be on the football pitch, because a) the fans (either rival or unhappy supporters) will say worse things, b) other players, in an attempt to unsettle them (what I believe they call sledging in cricket), will use much worse.

People get shit on here for having different opinions, for not going along with the masses. I've got shit on here for defending someone's right to ask about the progress of the stadium, and for not joining in the police hate on the protest thread. Basically, I've been given shit for having an opinion, not for posting rubbish.

That's right. And I would say anyone who takes insults on here personally are foolish.

Your ability to completely miss the point is stunning.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Confidence is a MASSIVE part of any sport and people should think about that before they start insulting and laying into players at every given opportunity. I suspect those who are constantly having a dig at our players have never played any sport at any sort of competitive level.

When you get praise you get confidence, and when you constantly have people on your back saying how shite your are you lose that confidence. You can't say 'oh they shouldn't let it affect their performences', because it does and it cannot be helped. I'm not saying we as fans shouldn't have an opinion, I just think people should try and be more supportive.

I've always rated Fraser, and believe he has far more to his game than just hard work. Good luck to him - I hope he proves his doubters wrong.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I didn't say that they take it to heart, I said it has an affect. That could be a substantial effect or very little depending on the individual as you say. But if they are coming on here to read comments then there is a reason for that - they are looking for something (affirmation, a confidence boost, ego, who the hell knows why they would). But the fact is if they come on NSC they are by definition the sort of people who will be affected by it to a greater or lesser extent. Otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Therefore, what we say on here is in the public domain, it will be read by some players/staff and it will affect them. It won't necessarily make them break down and cry or pull up their sock or whatever we are urging them to do - but it could influence them. You have to concede that don't you?

If he bleeds Blue and White he wouldn't even entertain the thought of signing for Palace, Ian Chapman had the opportunity and he didn't, he said he wouldn't have been able to look at himself in the mirror in the morning.
I was surprised that Fraser was released as him performances in the last six games were good, I thought he would get a one year deal.
Whilst on the subject about Fraser I was in town the day after he was released and a complete stranger asked me if I was a Brighton fan, I said yes and he handed me an A4 sheet of paper that had a protest planned against the release of Fraser and Robinson on the 15th May.
The man went on to tell me that when told of his being released that Tommy threw his chair at Russell Slade, but after that Slade said that he could come back in three weeks for a trial.
Very strange! Did anyone else get one of these fliers too?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Some harsh stuff on here about him no need for it. Did a good job when he was here played under a number of different managers so can't exaclty be as bad as people say. Wish him all the best.

Some of the stuff about drinking is very easy to say (or write in this case) when he doesn't really have a right of reply isn't it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here