Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A manager should be above arguing with the supporters

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
If Mcghee brought in a left back earlier there would have been less goals conceded

IF Mcghee brought in a striker earlier chances are would have scored more

IF Mcghee played a settled side/ strike fore the team may have played better as a unit

IF Mcghee didnt fall out with certain players the squad would have been stronger

IF Mcghee knew what tactics where may have held on to games that Brighton had taken the lead.

If If If If is not really good enough

Exactly! :clap:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Kinky Gerbils said:
If Mcghee brought in a left back earlier there would have been less goals conceded

IF Mcghee brought in a striker earlier chances are would have scored more

IF Mcghee played a settled side/ strike fore the team may have played better as a unit

IF Mcghee didnt fall out with certain players the squad would have been stronger

IF Mcghee knew what tactics where may have held on to games that Brighton had taken the lead.

If If If If is not really good enough

Oi Gerbo. I sat with some Tottingham fans on the the train to East Croydon on Saturday. When passing Withdean they rolled about laughing stating that and I quote' It's about time that team of shite folded..haw, haw, haw'.

I thought of you at that time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Perry Milkins said:
Oi Gerbo. I sat with some Tottingham fans on the the train to East Croydon on Saturday. When passing Withdean they rolled about laughing stating that and I quote' It's about time that team of shite folded..haw, haw, haw'.

I thought of you at that time.

Because all spurs fans want that....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
as i said on other thread -

granted i was shouting at MM and i feel a bit bad for it. im certaintly not a follower and it was my personal opinions that i viewed. However the ONLY reason i gave him stick was because of his reaction to that fan - the blokes lost it completely. It's obviously personal views and maybe they werent best aired as people did but frustrations get to everyone.

ps - whoever those 2 blokes were in the front row by the dugouts - everyone has opinions and we were all frustrated but u cant go abusing people by calling em wankers etc cos u dont believe in what they think. it was over the top. surely people have a right to tell the manager thay're upset with him? 5 wins in 50 or summink?? shit.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
sheebo said:
as i said on other thread -

granted i was shouting at MM and i feel a bit bad for it. im certaintly not a follower and it was my personal opinions that i viewed. However the ONLY reason i gave him stick was because of his reaction to that fan - the blokes lost it completely. It's obviously personal views and maybe they werent best aired as people did but frustrations get to everyone.

ps - whoever those 2 blokes were in the front row by the dugouts - everyone has opinions and we were all frustrated but u cant go abusing people by calling em wankers etc cos u dont believe in what they think. it was over the top. surely people have a right to tell the manager thay're upset with him? 5 wins in 50 or summink?? shit.

and it makes even less sense the second time around.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Perry Milkins said:
No. I know that you would not. I just thought what would your reaction be if you were sat where I was.

Allow me to credit you with having the compassion and brains not to act like that.

I would be as angry as you no matter how much I hate a club - Arsenal, Orient,Palace etc i would never want a club to go bust.

All clubs have a group of fans like that, look how some on this board reacted with the news that Gillingham are in trouble.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
and it makes even less sense the second time around.

what word of english dont u understand little boy?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The people arguing with McGhee on Saturday HAVE achieved a great deal because they have raised the stakes for both McGhee and Dick Knight and are forcing the chairman into a position.

Both the chairman and the manager have had an easy ride from the fans all season, but what was served up on Saturday was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I don't care if we lose 5-0 if I see the players putting in 100% effort and commitment. There is no way those players can say they did that, and that is just not acceptable.

Where is the fight shown by the likes of Cullip, Oatway, Virgo and Kuipers ifrom recent times? f***ing nowhere.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Pavilionaire said:
The people arguing with McGhee on Saturday HAVE achieved a great deal because they have raised the stakes for both McGhee and Dick Knight and are forcing the chairman into a position.

Both the chairman and the manager have had an easy ride from the fans all season, but what was served up on Saturday was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I don't care if we lose 5-0 if I see the players putting in 100% effort and commitment. There is no way those players can say they did that, and that is just not acceptable.

Where is the fight shown by the likes of Cullip, Oatway, Virgo and Kuipers ifrom recent times? f***ing nowhere.

Oh dear, I sadly find all of that too hard to disagree with.... :down: :down:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i not being unpleasant! just giving it back to the idiot! he cant understand a normal post?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Pavilionaire said:

Spot on.

It wasn't the fact we lost on saturday that pisse sme off its the fact not one player can sit there after the game and say we gave it our best in what was the most important game fo the season.

Surely they realised how important this game was yet they played it like it was just another game where it didn't matter, and the blame for that falls with the manager who is payed to motivate these players and get them in the right frame of mind to go out and do their best.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pavilionaire said:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
yeh spot on again!:clap:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We keep going back to this 100% commitment and effort. I didn't see a lack of fight. I saw the tactics not working - which MM sorted out. I saw an attack impotent against a good Southampton defence. I saw a home defence stretched by a decent Southampton attack that was playing the best they had this season (apparently). I saw midfield players that did not gell, and were out of sorts - but this stuff happens in football.

In the second half we came back into it and Southampton were happy to rest on their lead.

Not enough quality. Not enough bravery to play the pass rather then the hoof. But I did see fight and commitment.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Dick Knights Mum said:
We keep going back to this 100% commitment and effort. I didn't see a lack of fight. I saw the tactics not working - which MM sorted out. I saw an attack impotent against a good Southampton defence. I saw a home defence stretched by a decent Southampton attack that was playing the best they had this season (apparently). I saw midfield players that did not gell, and were out of sorts - but this stuff happens in football.

In the second half we came back into it and Southampton were happy to rest on their lead.

Not enough quality. Not enough bravery to play the pass rather then the hoof. But I did see fight and commitment.

YOU were obviously watching a different game to me, I don't recall seeing anyone on the pitch wearing blue and white that actually looked like they gave a shit at all.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
tinx said:
YOU were obviously watching a different game to me, I don't recall seeing anyone on the pitch wearing blue and white that actually looked like they gave a shit at all.

I must have been. I saw a lot of endeavour - but not the quality we require ........................

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I spoke to Harty after the game and mentioned East London's "spat" with McGuee.

Since when does shouting "sort 'em out McGuee" equal abuse, especiallywhen after 20minutes we're devoid of any shape and lucky not to be 3-0 down? Basically it doesn't. I've supported McGuee all season and still think he should be given a run next season. But to turn around and shout back at Tim "shut up" with a face of fury, well, he needs to cut that out of his game as much as Hendersen does dropping catches.

When he further became embroiled with other fans at the end my sympathy to his position started to wane. Yes, whatever language is being used, it's not exactly crime of the century but all the same CUT IT OUT McGUEE! And swallow your pride and bring the number one keeper back.
:angry: :censored: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here