Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A manager should be above arguing with the supporters

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The Great Cornholio said:
He shouldn't react but shows passion he has been accused of lacking. The people who annoy me are the pious ones rambling on about him swearing in front of children. McGhee accounted for approx 0.001% of foul and abusive language at Withdean today.

And 20-30 people shouted down by a very large section of the South Stand is a "presence" is it? ???

Wouldn't bother me if he resigned or stayed. Just a shame that the people who want him out will resort to churlish tactics and name calling over the next few days.

Very well said TGC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not really concerned with the rights or wrongs of whether he should get abuse, if it was deserved or not. I am concerned with a manager losing it so visibly in front of his supporters and team. It demonstrates a lack of composure and focus and leadership.

It also demonstrates that maybe his various issues with players is more down to his firebrand nature than them. A good manager, in whatever walk of life, will rise above this.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tubthumper said:
I am not really concerned with the rights or wrongs of whether he should get abuse, if it was deserved or not. I am concerned with a manager losing it so visibly in front of his supporters and team. It demonstrates a lack of composure and focus and leadership.

It also demonstrates that maybe his various issues with players is more down to his firebrand nature than them. A good manager, in whatever walk of life, will rise above this.

And Magoo is not a good manager as has been proved this season.

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
With reference to an earlier comment on this thread re McGhee...............what did he ever win to lose it?? I would say that now the dream of Falmer is going down the toilet and we're going down....why don't we start at the top (DK) to the bottom and totally re- organise the club,we are a laughing stock which will continue until some money is put up,new ideas,new managing staff new players,regroup and go for it..........I'm not an expert who can wave a magic wand,but there must be someone out there who can improve what is a dire situation?? Answers on a postage stamp please...........:smokin:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Tubthumper said:

Very good point.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
brightonfan_86 said:
Magoo is a total wanker, espically after turning round to a bloke who said something then walked off. Magoo then turned round and saying you stay right there! What a total wanker.

JUst resign now you useless jocko clown.

Kev, I have the dubious pleasure of sitting near you every home game and am constanly subjected to your foul and abusive language. You're very good at moaning like a bitch and then calling the world and his wife a 'total wanker', apparently I'm a total wanker for not liking the same tv programmes as you. Top marks for throwing in a bit of casual anti-Scottish abuse too. Whatever the rights and wrongs of McGhee's actions I know who I'd rather listen to or be in the comapany of if I had the choice, and it wouldn't be you sunshine.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
It's interesting to see how people take McGhee's argument with someone in the crowd and weave into whatever story they want to have.

To put it into some perpective, I have stood behind that dugout at the Withdean and seen both Micky Adams and Steve Coppell have altercations with the crowd. It's human nature not to take too kindly to being abused when you're having a hard time. Especially if it's someone totally unqualified to hand out that criticism.

If anyone thinks that's nonsense, then let me come to your work, heckle and abuse you and question your ability to do your job. You might just get a tad pissed off at some point.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Repugnant Toad said:
Very good point.

Apart from the fact that, as I just
mentioned, I have seen both Coppell and Adams do the same at the Withdean.

This spat proves nothing other than the fact that McGhee was under pressure and decided he wasn't going to take any more shit from one person in the crowd.

I am more than happy for people to call for his head for the piss-poor performance when we're fighting for our lives. But for this? No way.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
DJ Leon said:
It's interesting to see how people take McGhee's argument with someone in the crowd and weave into whatever story they want to have.

To put it into some perpective, I have stood behind that dugout at the Withdean and seen both Micky Adams and Steve Coppell have altercations with the crowd. It's human nature not to take too kindly to being abused when you're having a hard time. Especially if it's someone totally unqualified to hand out that criticism.

If anyone thinks that's nonsense, then let me come to your work, heckle and abuse you and question your ability to do your job. You might just get a tad pissed off at some point.

Well said. The fact is certain "supporters" think it's their right to use foul and abusive language at managers. The use of swear words from some people today at MM was awful.
Before I am flamed about football being a passionate game and you must expect F/C/W words at football, I reject that completely. I am passionate about this club having followed it since 1953 but I do not see why I have to listen to foul mouth idiots. By all means shout at players, the ref or the manager but using such words, no thank you.

Having said that I thought our tactics today were awful and the team played without any passion and very little skill. Unlike last Saturday when the reverse was true.

What an awful day

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Hopefully this'll put paid to those claims that there's no anti-McGhee presence at Withdean.

So a handful of NSC people at the end is supposed to put paid to the claims is it?

Strange that it's the usual ones who come on here calling for his head that were responsible for it all.

:rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If he turned round and gave some abuse back (after receiving a load), well good on him.

As for people on the radio complaining about kids hearing it, well is that in all honesty the only swearing they heard this afternoon ?

Some of the things I heard shouted towards CKR in particular this afternoon were well over the top as well.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else, but if you resort to using the F and C words towards your own players that isn't in my mind passion, thats just ignorant abuse.

Re: McClueless v The Crowd

Fragmented Badger said:
From my seat behind the away dugout I could see a fair bit of fuss, and McGhee was definitely having a go at the crowd (he had to be restrained by Booker), but was anyone actually down on the track? What exactly was said? Lots of stuff on the phone in at the moment about McGhee using some naughty language:ohmy:

Hmmm...how about supporters should be above arguing with the manager, particularly during a key game when 100 per cent of his concentration should be on the game?

Of course, "supporters" are never wrong, are they?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
Magoo is a total wanker, espically after turning round to a bloke who said something then walked off. Magoo then turned round and saying you stay right there! What a total wanker.

JUst resign now you useless jocko clown.

You want to make your mind up which bandwagon you want to jump on you idiot.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And Magoo is not a good manager as has been proved this season.

Yet McGhee followed your advice to the letter today as regards selection and formation. Yet, you take no responsibility for those views, do you?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. and how many idiots standing behind the dug out well before the end of the game.

Get a life and grow up.

You can't see the game from there, you're just hanging around for an argument.

When I saw supporters throwing personal abuse from the touchline at Millwall, I thought we were above that.

Obviously not.

I thought we were sh*t today, the players, the manager, everyone. But it didn't cross my mind to throw out some nasty abuse.

Last edited:

clapham_gull said:
If he turned round and gave some abuse back (after receiving a load), well good on him.
Yep, agree with that 100 per cent. This is a guy born and bred in the working class environment of Glaswegian football. You behave like a twat towards him, and you will reap the consequences. Good on McGhee for showing that he is a flesh and blood manager who has red blood coursing through his veins, shame on those who distracted him from his vital job of work today. You are utter wankers, and what he said to you wasn't half what you deserved.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Bwian said:
So a handful of NSC people at the end is supposed to put paid to the claims is it?

Quite how you were able to ascertain that everyone booing and bemoaning McGhee at the final whistle was an NSCer, I can't imagine.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
clapham_gull said:
.. and how many idiots standing behind the dug out well before the end of the game.

Get a life and grow up.

You can't see the game from there, you're just hanging around for an argument.

Let's see how many of the idiots own up to it?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If you dont like what you see then don't go.

All this ranting and raving and spitting the dummy out on Nsc isnt going to change anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here