Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A manager should be above arguing with the supporters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yorkie said:
If you dont like what you see then don't go.

All this ranting and raving and spitting the dummy out on Nsc isnt going to change anything.

I don't really buy that argument - especially if you've forked out for a season ticket.

I've been very confused about a lot of decisions and performances this season.

What I don't like is the very personal abuse and the complete idiots hanging round the dug out for an argument. What exactly does that achieve ? One foot out of line and you spend a few hours in the cells.

I'll say it again, dish out abuse and be prepared to take some back (even it's warranted). Don't circle the dugout like a big girls Burberry blouse thinking that calling the manager a whatever will achieve anything.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I just don't see what the people having a go at him were hoping to achieve.

brightonfan_86 said:
LI is here, right thats me off then. :wave:

I wonder how much people will pay me to stay permanently logged on.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
London Irish said:
I wonder how much people will pay me to stay permanently logged on.

If it gets the same reaction from 1066-I'll send the first pledge via PayPal right now

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Goring Gull said:
He jolly well should be above it, seeing it's his fault the fans are having a go.

Well I had a go at the twat that sits near me for calling McGhee to get CKR off ... after 10 minutes. Apparently he's entitled to his opinion .... :rolleyes:

I don't slag players, managers etc off during a game because I was told many moons ago by an ex-player that ' you can have 15,000 people signing your name but the only one you hear is the one calling you a c u n t' ..

As for the prick who decided to have ago at mcGhee .. why didn't you wait ....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's harder to judge without hearing any of the abuse - although from my North Stand seat I could clearly hear the chorus of 'out out out out out'.

McGhee shouldn't be swearing, but I can understand him reacting having heard many comments this season that are ridiculous and insulting - there is one thing shouting about what has gone wrong, but labelling McGhee names like 'f***ing prick' aren't going to help anyone, and is it any wonder he reacted? I don't know for sure what was said at McGhee on Saturday, but I'm fairly sure his reaction is the result of a lot more than just the one stupid remark.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He should never have been employed in the first place. He has done this kind of thing at every club he has ever mis-managed, and a chairman should take this into account when appointing a new manager. MM is universally hated by the fans of all his previous clubs. Why the hell we had to be subjected to him is completely beyond me.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
TonyW said:
He should never have been employed in the first place. He has done this kind of thing at every club he has ever mis-managed, and a chairman should take this into account when appointing a new manager. MM is universally hated by the fans of all his previous clubs. Why the hell we had to be subjected to him is completely beyond me.

he hated for leaving for 'bigger' clubs, the view of Millwall fans is that he got the club on an even keel but then started making a few strange decisions. Mind you he's stiil one of there most successful managers.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Be interesting to know whether the people complaining about MM swearing were the same ones that were swearing AT him.

Shouts of f*** off McGhee and your f***ing useless seem to be alright, but if he says something back then suddenly he is the bad guy ?

Look at what he has achieved..... anyone who says he is shit has clearly forgotten that he took us up at the first time of asking and kept us up last season..... hardly an easy task.

So why should he be to blame for ALL the clubs shortcomings.

Gradi has had Crewe relegated several times, yet he is untouchable..... how is he that different to MM, both have f*** all resources to play with and if you look at the facts all Crewe have really lost is Ashton over the past couple of years whereas we have had the heart of our team sold, Cullip, Currie, Harding, Virgo....

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
B.M.F said:
He also told Eastlondon seagull to shut up during the first half much to my amusement:lolol:

Yes he did, and all I'd shouted was "Sort them out MgGhee!" I didn't call him a cunt or anything.

Strangely, he then laid into the lads on the pitch and they improved a bit.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yet if CKR had scored to level the scores the players might've GAINED some confidence and gone on to win the game.

Although McGhee kept us up last season and we don't have much in the way of resources, players aren't exactly queueing up to play for us.

I think fresh ideas are needed but after re-grouping in the summer (presuming we go down) McGhee should be given a few games next season to show what he can do. After all, he got us up in the first place.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I heard that MM had the same trouble at Millwall?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Shouldn't McGhee be given a chance to prove himself in League One considering he took us up last time? After all people are saying CKR, Robinson and Gatting will find it easier in the league below and even McCammon is scoring down there. And if we can keep NGW then so much the better as I'm sure he could score there as well.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Downloaded Penguin said:
Yet if CKR had scored to level the scores the players might've GAINED some confidence and gone on to win the game.

Although McGhee kept us up last season and we don't have much in the way of resources, players aren't exactly queueing up to play for us.

I think fresh ideas are needed but after re-grouping in the summer (presuming we go down) McGhee should be given a few games next season to show what he can do. After all, he got us up in the first place.

Spot On.

McGhee IN.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Artois said:
Spot On.

McGhee IN.

If Mcghee brought in a left back earlier there would have been less goals conceded

IF Mcghee brought in a striker earlier chances are would have scored more

IF Mcghee played a settled side/ strike fore the team may have played better as a unit

IF Mcghee didnt fall out with certain players the squad would have been stronger

IF Mcghee knew what tactics where may have held on to games that Brighton had taken the lead.

If If If If is not really good enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here