Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A manager should be above arguing with the supporters

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
portlock seagull said:
swallow your pride and bring the number one keeper back.
:angry: :censored: :angry:

Oi, I thought Chez and I warned you about that Saturday:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ahh, but I miss THAT song:shrug:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
portlock seagull said:
Ahh, but I miss THAT song:shrug:

You mean Michel Kuipers, a f***ing waste of space:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Biscuit said:
The people who gave him abuse arn't idiots. There just as passionate about this club as Im sure you are. If you don't do your job well (which he hasn't) then you should expect to be criticised. The point about Henderson is a strange one. He dropped Kuipers because of his distribution - he signed a goalkeeper when we needed a midfielder or a striker. The real reason he dropped Kuipers is the same reason he got rid of Leon Knight. They knew he was cluess and picked the wrong teams.

Yeah ok, standing at the end of the game and booing is really constructive isn't it? That's really getting behind the team! Who exactly do you think is more hurt by the booing? The players who have given everything for 90mins or the manager who has sat in his dugout?

The fact is that we are one of the worst teams in the league because of our resources,infrastructure,squad depth,finances,ground....and shouting abuse at the manager wont change that! I wouldn't blame him if he walked away but if he doesn't the idiots that boo at games will be the same people going mental next season when we go back up.

You think the manager that got us promoted and then kept us up last season is clueless? Yeah....ok

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Seagull over SW France said:
With reference to an earlier comment on this thread re McGhee...............what did he ever win to lose it?? I would say that now the dream of Falmer is going down the toilet and we're going down....why don't we start at the top (DK) to the bottom and totally re- organise the club,we are a laughing stock which will continue until some money is put up,new ideas,new managing staff new players,regroup and go for it..........I'm not an expert who can wave a magic wand,but there must be someone out there who can improve what is a dire situation?? Answers on a postage stamp please...........:smokin:

Err yeah and how about no?!

Wanna put some money in? GREAT! DO IT! Milwall have a new board, a new manager and a new team and they're going down...likewise QPR as they will go next season.

How about we stick with everything the same and then go back up next year? Just as we did last time with Mcghee in charge!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
If Mcghee brought in a left back earlier there would have been less goals conceded

IF Mcghee brought in a striker earlier chances are would have scored more

IF Mcghee played a settled side/ strike fore the team may have played better as a unit

IF Mcghee didnt fall out with certain players the squad would have been stronger

IF Mcghee knew what tactics where may have held on to games that Brighton had taken the lead.

If If If If is not really good enough

Name some left backs that we could afford that we missed out on

Blame DK not McGhee re Championship level striker

He fell out with Leon, McCammon and Kuipers, none of them would have made a blind bit of difference imo

Non of the striker combinations even looked like working, but you have a point

He managed the tactics fine when we had Virgo as an outlet, losing the much maligned Oatway (who is now a hero again) had a lot to do with our inability to hold a lead as did having a powder puff forward line. Who knows how good Turienzo could have been if he had settled quicker and not got injured.?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
tinx said:
YOU were obviously watching a different game to me, I don't recall seeing anyone on the pitch wearing blue and white that actually looked like they gave a shit at all.

Didn't spend much time watching Mcshane then did you? Maybe you should have!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Name some left backs that we could afford that we missed out on

Blame DK not McGhee re Championship level striker

He fell out with Leon, McCammon and Kuipers, none of them would have made a blind bit of difference imo

Non of the striker combinations even looked like working, but you have a point

He managed the tactics fine when we had Virgo as an outlet, losing the much maligned Oatway (who is now a hero again) had a lot to do with our inability to hold a lead as did having a powder puff forward line. Who knows how good Turienzo could have been if he had settled quicker and not got injured.?

Dont really recall being cconnected once to a left back during the season - but more worryingly no links after it was quite clear dodd was not going to be much use on the pitch this season.

Matt Lockwood would have done a job as would have Paul Mayo, and before you say he wasnt good for Watford to keep he played a part in keeping them up last year and they are a better side this year.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
What's difference between a player throwing a bit of a wobbly in private because he's not in the side and a manager losing his rag and swearing in public at a fan.

The player get's shipped out

hmmm

Richie Morris said:
Told me to f*** off MONTHS ago...

Surely if there had been any doubts about McGhee's judgement up to now, they are all banished :drink: :drink: :drink:

Dick Knights Mum said:
We keep going back to this 100% commitment and effort. I didn't see a lack of fight. I saw the tactics not working - which MM sorted out. I saw an attack impotent against a good Southampton defence. I saw a home defence stretched by a decent Southampton attack that was playing the best they had this season (apparently). I saw midfield players that did not gell, and were out of sorts - but this stuff happens in football.

In the second half we came back into it and Southampton were happy to rest on their lead.

Not enough quality. Not enough bravery to play the pass rather then the hoof. But I did see fight and commitment.
Totally spot on - I do wonder about people who whinge on about players "lacking effort/spirit/heart/motivation" really understand the tactical ebb and flow of football.

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
London Irish said:
Totally spot on - I do wonder about people who whinge on about players "lacking effort/spirit/heart/motivation" really understand the tactical ebb and flow of football.

Like all the best girls it goes both ways too. People at the game, including myself, can hardly blame the team for lack of effort/commitment etc while they sit there in silence or only raise their voices to criticise. The atmosphere was appauling even by Withdean standards when the team needed us most. The players would have been quite within their rights to boo us at the end. Whatever the problems with atmosphere generation at Withers we all could have tried a lot, lot harder.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here