Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8,000 at Palace tonight.....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think it was for a cup game? (Cardiff?)

If thats the case them Im sure a cup semi final at the amex would be packed to the rafters as well.

Personally I hate attendance arguments as they dont factor in the mitigating circumstances of both teams.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Do you attend matches yourself?

I ask because I have been hearing some proper horror stories about the Met Police and your Stewards putting people off going by treating Palace fans like the hooligans of 20-30 years ago.

I do. Had a ST last year but only been to 5 this year as moved with my wife/kids to Cambridge. I don't think you can blame the above for our poor gates, but who knows.

Fickle can also be good and we'd get a fair few more if we were in the top 6 or, although unlikely, back in the Prem.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
stop replying then, its just a wind up..read the FACTS then, after you've finished your proper job, go home and make up some more spurious drivel to try and prove you are bigger than Palace....READ THE FACTS !!!

let me show you some FACTS !!!

Highest Brighton attendance this season: 21,558

Highest Palace attendance this season: 22,147

Record Brighton attendance: 36,747

Record Palace attendance: 51,482

Average Brighton attendance at the 8,850 capacity Withdean Stadium: 6,408

Average Brighton & Palace attendances by year 1921-2011:

Brighton:

http://www.european-football-statist...tnclub/bha.htm

Palace:

http://www.european-football-statist...nclub/cryp.htm

Years in sample: 84

Years Brighton have had a higher average: 17

Years Palace have had a higher average: 67

Alright Rafa, calm down.

tumblr_la3ez2S3Fv1qc2d3ro1_500.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A real life Eagle flapping about, a couple people in Eagle costumes flapping about and the Crystal girls flapping about.

Followed by a dire 0-0 and lots of kids crying and asking daddy to take them to Chelsea.

My 6 year old cannot wait.

Good sensible post. I see the other guy hasn't replied about the jcl's if they get a new stadium.

The fact of the matter in respect of attendances is that we could have fitted the whole of the Selhurst attendance on Tuesday night into the West Stand and still had a couple of thousand seats empty.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
A real life Eagle flapping about, a couple people in Eagle costumes flapping about and the Crystal girls flapping about.

Followed by a dire 0-0 and lots of kids crying and asking daddy to take them to Chelsea.

My 6 year old cannot wait.

LOL.
It's not too late to bring the poor little mite to the Amex, to give him/her the chance of a proper football experience.

Can I ask a serious question of you please?

When/if CPFC2010 get the permission for the new ground, which will be 35-40k if i read it right, will you all welcome the new fans or deride them with JCL/Plastic fan comments so they think again and the hardcore 12-15k is rattling around in there?

I'm sorry but Palace don't have a current hardcore of this much. Their hardcore is the 5k who went to see the Carling Cup early round vs Middlesbrough. Taken into account that 90% of their fans have never seen them play outside the top two leagues (as they are so fond of telling us) then God knows how they would fare should they ever drop into Leagues One or Two - IMO they would fold.

Looking at their current attendances , and this is on the back of a relatively successful season, they must be worried about building a new stadium as they could not get anywhere near filling it.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
26 years your having a laugh. Crumbling ground, mid-table fodder and Group on doesn't really exist or may not even work?! Woke up yesterday morning, with bunch of jealous Palarse wankers influxing my Retweets on Twitter and a DM from Mark Bright. Jealous much?

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Now whilst I dont want to arugue with your FACTS but Im guessing your highest attendance was against West Ham who I know for a FACT took considerably more than the away allocation and it was virtually a home game for them.

Oh and I love Sims FACT when you trot out the 50,000 attendance then 10 or so years later its was 8000. So where did they all go?

so you dont count away fans in your attendances then??????

so you dont count away fans in your attendances then??????

Yes.

Would you mind awfully giving me an answer to this please.

When/if CPFC2010 get the permission for the new ground, which will be 35-40k if i read it right, will you all welcome the new fans or deride them with JCL/Plastic fan comments so they think again and the hardcore 12-15k is rattling around in there?

Oct 25, 2003
Yes.

good luck, no palace fan has really been able to answer this question (apart from the handful of sensible ones who post on here who are actually capable of reasoned debate)

also, don't bother asking them what happened to all the fans they had in the premiership who have now disappeared

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
good luck, no palace fan has really been able to answer this question (apart from the handful of sensible ones who post on here who are actually capable of reasoned debate)

also, don't bother asking them what happened to all the fans they had in the premiership who have now disappeared

It proves unfortunately that the majority are trolling. No interest in explaining unfounded arguments etc.

Jan 12, 2012
Yes.

I'll answer that one for you.
I'd welcome any new fan we could get, just as you have this season, i've got no problem with that whatsoever.
Its historically proven that any club that moves to a new stadium will increase their fanbase, even the Rodneys at the Den did !!!
The hard part is keeping them there, as football is driven by sky and clubs need to be in the premiership to achieve that.
Im sure if we moved to a new stadium, our attendances will dramatically increase, but i cant see this happening for a few years yet.
I hope this clears things up for you.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'd welcome any new fan we could get, just as you have this season, i've got no problem with that whatsoever.
Its historically proven that any club that moves to a new stadium will increase their fanbase, even the Rodneys at the Den did !!!
The hard part is keeping them there, as football is driven by sky and clubs need to be in the premiership to achieve that.
Im sure if we moved to a new stadium, our attendances will dramatically increase, but i cant see this happening for a few years yet.

You have a reasonable position. However, I think the question was asked to your pal who perpetually brings up the jcl/where were all your fans at Withdean etc. Numerous posters have over the months explained to him in words of one syllable about our move away from the city our ground being stolen etc etc. He isn't interested, I'm sure he's reasonably intelligent but I've come to the conclusion it's not banter he's after but simple trolling.

Jan 12, 2012
You have a reasonable position. However, I think the question was asked to your pal who perpetually brings up the jcl/where were all your fans at Withdean etc. Numerous posters have over the months explained to him in words of one syllable about our move away from the city our ground being stolen etc etc. He isn't interested, I'm sure he's reasonably intelligent but I've come to the conclusion it's not banter he's after but simple trolling.

Im sure he's reacting to some of you who insist all the new fans are die hard fans who couldnt get a ticket at the Withdean.
In my opinion, you've get a mixture, mostly old returning fans, and some locals who want to see a game every other week.

bustersdad

Banned
Jan 31, 2012
Sounds more desperation with a large helping of green eyed monster than the 'banter/wind up' you suggest. Here's a tissue for that saliva dripping off your chin.

whats to be jealous of then?? 1 season out of 25 that you are a few points above us ...enjoy it while you can..

Thank you for the answer.

Much the same as we have now although being derided for it always by the majority of the Palace fans on here.

Football has changed and we, and by we I mean Palace also, have to chage with it if our respective clubs are going to be able to compete at the top table.

Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here