Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8,000 at Palace tonight.....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Im sure he's reacting to some of you who insist all the new fans are die hard fans who couldnt get a ticket at the Withdean.
In my opinion, you've get a mixture, mostly old returning fans, and some locals who want to see a game every other week.

I concur. A large mix of JCLs, JCBs and Withdean season ticket holders. I never had a season ticket there for two reasons, most of the time i lived in Liverpool and so consequently went to loads of away games and second, once i moved back i knew I'd buy a ticket for Amex as Withdean was so dire for myself and particularly my boys. Before Withdean I had loads of season tickets at the Goldstone and probably went to almost every home game for about 21 years. At Withdean, I only went a few times a year on average.

I reckon there are loads of us in a similar position who couldn't stomach Withdean for one reason or other who are now returning in droves. JCBs probably are the largest part of our support proportionally.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'll answer that one for you.
I'd welcome any new fan we could get, just as you have this season, i've got no problem with that whatsoever.
Its historically proven that any club that moves to a new stadium will increase their fanbase, even the Rodneys at the Den did !!!
The hard part is keeping them there, as football is driven by sky and clubs need to be in the premiership to achieve that.
Im sure if we moved to a new stadium, our attendances will dramatically increase, but i cant see this happening for a few years yet.
I hope this clears things up for you.
What about Reading then. At Elm Park they averaged what 3000/4000? Since getting their new stadium its been 16000/17000....are these fans still considered plastic 14 years later?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Im sure he's reacting to some of you who insist all the new fans are die hard fans who couldnt get a ticket at the Withdean.
In my opinion, you've get a mixture, mostly old returning fans, and some locals who want to see a game every other week.
There are lots of Brighton fans now travelling from further afield more regularly now. At Withdean I'd go once or twice a season, at the Amex I've already been half a dozen times.....I live in mid-Wales.

You seem quite a reasonable sort.......are you VHA on the BBS?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
whats to be jealous of then?? 1 season out of 25 that you are a few points above us ...enjoy it while you can..

You tell me Nigey baby, I don't feel the need to go on BBS telling you how shit you are, you on the other hand...

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4804434 said:
His teaching assistant had to take them away because he kept eating them and shoving them up his nostrils.

oh you guys are so funny.....when you get more than 1 brain cell working do come back and have a sensible discussion

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
oh you guys are so funny.....when you get more than 1 brain cell working do come back and have a sensible discussion

So we have 1 brain cell each, still collectively we still have more than EIGHT :lol:, incidentally that's just about bustersdad's mental age - hence the reason he's only allowed crayons :wave:

I tried but you would not answer.

I would genuinely be interested in your view on the "new" fans that Palace will have to generate when/if the new stadium is built, even a revamped Selhurst will be increased capacity.

Peace.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Palace are giving us up to 6000 tickets for when we go there on Easter Monday. f***ing cant wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here