Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This is where we need some expertise on how/what needs to be done. I don't see reducing the prices as an option because of the whole STH issue, however, I thought I'd come up with some ideas on what we could do (just to keep "The Large One" happy!)

1) Offer more free tickets to schools
2) Bring a friend for half price offers
3) Work with local businesses to offer free tickets for winning a prize (my idea would be to run a competition to win tickets to the next home match, which could be sponsored by a business, so BHAFC dont lose out financially)
4) Email and or postal campaign to everyone in their address book (all current & previous STHs) extolling the virtues of our youthful and exciting squad

As I said, I am not into Marketing, and I dont have any real idea as to if my suggestions would work, but you gotta start somewhere !!

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
brilliant idea i think it could work like a bring your kid to work day maybe rotherham game they wont bring shitloads wheres millwall,forest and bristol will portvale wont either so one of those i think i could persuade a couple of mates to go good suggestion :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wanderer said:
Blimey, who rattled your cage !

I was simply pointing out the fact that Dick's line of business is marketing, and as such, he has the ideal experience in how to present something to someone to make it more attractive, I on the other hand, am in IT, so it's not my area of expertise.
So what if your 'area of expertise' is IT. It doesn't mean you can't come up with an idea - nor does it mean you should stand back and let everyone do the donkey work.

Besides, Dick ran the marketing business. I stand to be corrected but I think he was the business side of things, others in the company worked on the 'creatives'. Having said that, I am sure he came up with an idea or two of his own...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
:lolol: beat you to it TLO :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wanderer said:
This is where we need some expertise on how/what needs to be done. I don't see reducing the prices as an option because of the whole STH issue, however, I thought I'd come up with some ideas on what we could do (just to keep "The Large One" happy!)
It's the club that benefits - not me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
many people still complain that not having tickets available at the ground stops them from going. I know you can buy tickets upto 1/2 hour from the ticket office but why not have a mobile ticket office at one of the park and ride sights. Really this only needs to be a car, one person, a handfall of tickets/lap top and printer and one of the mobile enabled credit card machines.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Large One said:
It's the club that benefits - not me.

Doh, I give up

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I think people have fallen out of love with the Albion.

I give you an example;

My next door neighbour was an Executive Club Member at The Goldstone, would travel to all the games, put money into the club when needed and was as passionate as can be. When the Goldstone was sold and we went to Gillingham, he went a couple of times and decided that the fare on offer was crap and begrudged spending the money. When we returned to Withdean, he was contacted by the club to come back in the fold, new start and all that, but his entusiasm had gone. A couple of years ago, we were talking and I said I had a spare ticket would he like to go? he agreed and we went - sitting in the South Stand. the game was good ( Sunderland I think it was) atmos not too bad. BUT, at the end of the game he thanked me and said that although he had enjoyed it, he couldn't believe how expensive it was and thoght Withdean a dump. Suffice it to say, he has not been since.

Now most people on here will say " well f*** him" and that is perfectly fair, however most of his mates also have moved on and these were the very people we were trying to lure back, the so called "investor brigade"

I have lost count of how many times people have said that they heard me on the radio and they listened to the commentary, but when I say, why dont you come along, they are almost to a man dismissive.

These are the lost generation of fans we must try hard to bring back.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
PILTDOWN MAN said:
many people still complain that not having tickets available at the ground stops them from going. I know you can buy tickets upto 1/2 hour from the ticket office but why not have a mobile ticket office at one of the park and ride sights. Really this only needs to be a car, one person, a handfall of tickets/lap top and printer and one of the mobile enabled credit card machines.

Now that is a damn good idea!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
PILTDOWN MAN said:

I seem to recall that this was a condition or permitting Withdean in the first place. The NIMBYs concern would be that thousands of fans would converge on this site, and not be able to get tickets, and would then presumably, be expected to cause trouble.

A bit silly I suppose, but there you have it!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
PILTDOWN MAN said:

I think that is a very good idea. Would the club need some form of license to sell tickets at the P&R???

It is a shame that people are looking for excuses to not attend.

No atmosphere/Cold/Can't pay on the gate etc.

I like the idea of bringing a friend for half price - STHs included - unless they already do this....Perhaps give people a reward if they manage to get more people coming to matches? 30% off merchandise???

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
As a STH I don't mind if they reduce prices say to £15 and fill up the ground. If it keeps the club going it won't upset me. I will still have my regular seat.

BTW many STHs stayed away on Saturday so although attendance was low club still had their money.

What really narks me are the posters on here who say I don't go 'cos we are playing rubbish and there's no atmoshere. Well lads, we ain't playing rubbish and the noise levels have certainly increased where I sit. So don't sit there give it a try on Boxing day. You might even enjoy it.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
BRING A FRIEND FOR HALF PRICE OR JUST A COUPLE OF QUID OFF IS THE BEST IDEA DO IT FOR ROTHERHAM GAME IT SHOULD UP ATTENDANCES I WILL TRY TO GET MY FAIRWEATHER MATES TO COME ALONG THE MAIN REASON THEY DONT GO IS MONEY THEY ARE ALL SKINT IM GONNA BADGER THEM TO COME BOXING DAY TO EVERYONE GET ON YOUR MATES BACK GET THEM TO COME TO GAMES

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
dont mean to be boring, but sounds like these people will only come back when falmer arrives.

I suppose that is basically correct, but it's about coming up with new and innovative ideas to attract folks to attend in the meantime.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Thats two of you who think my "bring a mate for half price" is a good idea, should I suggest this to "Insider" ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wanderer said:
I suppose that is basically correct, but it's about coming up with new and innovative ideas to attract folks to attend in the meantime.

the club have CONTINUOUSLY ignored my plea for naked 18yr olds at half time. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here